Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Hacking Methods

Yanga

So far through the entire mission selection, it's always the same terminal hack as always, line up all the lines together to get it done. It'd be nice to have some more variety to keep people on their toes when they work on a console... something like a pallet you have to get 1 color but you can't just rush it, you have to think about it. This kind of hacking method would require teammates to cover you or have a empty room for you to concentrate, but if a player is smart enough to actually solve it the moment they lay eyes on it, then it shows that it can be done in a fast pace area.

Another idea I thought of is rerouting circuits so it would disarm the alarm (kind of the same thing as the line method, but more flexable). A little bit of variety in small things can make a big difference, that's what i was told at school. lol

Reason for bringing the hacking up is because no one ever thinks about it (to my knowledge at least... haven't seen a forum post about it), if there was a random generator for it to make it harder, then people can't just open a terminal and complete it in 3 seconds. People can still use Ciphers on them if they want to just complete it immediately (People don't use Ciphers usually because they can get the normal puzzles done within said time) so it gets the Ciphers some extra use instead of being a Dormant item that is used when a player is lazy.

If anyone else wants to include some puzzle ideas, I'd be glad to read them... Something new can always come around the corner :P

oui

but some here just start crying if the game show a bit of dificultie

anyway your idea is good and part of the:

I want some chalenge vibe

and god know how much true Tennos Love challenge

Edited by Tsoe

+1

I agree. Originality is always welcome.

We should be able to lock doors behind us, and activate Osprey and laser doors too.

Good idea, like in Crysis 3 where you can turn their defenses against them!

Edited by Jakiller

We should be able to lock doors behind us, and activate Osprey and laser doors too.

I think that's what Nyx's mind control is for lol

But yea, optional Terminals with some difficulty to have a side Osprey help might work a good way :)

oui

but some here just start crying if the game show a bit of dificultie

anyway your idea is good and part of the:

I want some chalenge vibe

and god know how much true Tennos Love challenge

If they don't like the challenge, they should use some of their extra credits they get for the Ciphers so when they get it, they can skip it if they want to. Not being forced into, just have it pop up once in a while to surprize them.

So far I hear people like Challenge, Unique style after affect, and Originality. All of them are a good thing :D

Edited by Yanga

I actually agree with more variety but i'll admit... This one is one of the most satisfying hack system i'v ever found if only because i actually feel like i'm clicking almost as much as the guys in, say, Star Wars: Republic Commando. It does give me the feel that i'm doing a whole lot of meaningfull clicking instead of just waiting for a bar to fill.

I actually agree with more variety but i'll admit... This one is one of the most satisfying hack system i'v ever found if only because i actually feel like i'm clicking almost as much as the guys in, say, Star Wars: Republic Commando. It does give me the feel that i'm doing a whole lot of meaningfull clicking instead of just waiting for a bar to fill.

I was recommending more variety to how to hack (different puzzles that have clicking)... plus a little more challenge makes it better since right now, its just lining it up. I have almost a average of 6 seconds on my Hacking record (2 fails because a friend wanted me to wait for him to heal up) and it isn't challenging enough to say the least. If they made the puzzle bigger (and a min timer) to increase difficulty, that'd work for me for a while but still lacks the Variety aspect.

so let's add both! Maybe i missed your point?

i just mentioned it cuase i think both ideas should be looked at and they can build off each other.

True... doing both would be a tad more of a advantage. Better reward system and harder challenges :L

My thread was simply about the reward/penalty for detectionand how to impliment such a system. It would be very quick to impliment [or so I imagine].

This thread, while I think has some great ideas and I agree with most of them, would require a lot more work to get in-game.

A big plus one to the factions having different hacking mini-games, or at least different skins.

This thread, while I think has some great ideas and I agree with most of them

Which do you not agree with is my curiosity... (dang spell check not workin on this website)

would require a lot more work to get in-game.

Well of course it would... since it would have to be updated into the current coding of the Terminal and be part of the randomization like the rest that is easily solved :l

I just wish that there was a easier way to do the randomization part where the thing is actually randomized by the computer instead of being cycled by what is currently on it, that would do some good but then there would be glitches and such (where there would be a lone piece not connectable to anything, or the whole board is full, etc.) Nothing is easy, computers must be the most difficult.