Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Make The Ogris Frikken Epic

ValhaHazred

The Ogris has fallen behind. The Penta is it's superior in every way, except perhaps in the longest ranges possible in this game. The Ogris needs some oomph and pizzaz to compete against it's Corpus sibling. Especially since it takes much more to obtain. It's just not very fun to use either. I don't mind if it gets weaker overall so long as it has fun factor on it's side!

On that note, my suggestion!

Upgrade the magazine to 9.

Ideally this change would come with a modified model, with 9 micro missiles in a 3x3 box instead of the two barrels it has now.

The Ogris should gain a new non-charged firing mode called "ripple fire". When the fire button is tapped the Ogris will fire everything in it until empty or cancelled by reloading. Ripple firing works like the Hellion rocket attack, complete with relatively weak drunken missiles.

This option would be great for DPS and saturation fire against mid-range targets.

The weapon can still charge up, and remains more or less the same as the current Ogris, but with the addition of being guided like Antimatter Drop. After all, the Grineer version is homing!

This option is for long range precision, high single shot damage and ammo economy.

Take all or part of that, it would make Ogris much more fun/better.

From the deranged mind that brought you Chainsaw-charge-thunder-disk Miter https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/143361-how-to-make-the-miter-the-most-awesome-gun-in-the-game/

Edit: It has been pointed out to me that some people do in fact enjoy Ogris as is. These suggestions could also go for Ogris unique mods(Guidance system), or new alt fire weapon skins.

Edited by ValhaHazred

2. The Ogris should gain a new non-charged firing mode called "ripple fire". When the fire button is tapped the Ogris will fire everything in it until empty or cancelled by reloading. Ripple firing works like the Hellion rocket attack, complete with relatively weak drunken missiles.

This.

3. The weapon can still charge up, and remains more or less the same as the current Ogris, but with the addition of being guided like Antimatter Drop. After all, the Grineer version is homing!

And this. 

Would be awesome!

What is Sam saying in that gif? I can't help but lipread it as "you're an a**hole".

I'm being sassed by a Hobbit.

SAY THAT TO MY FACE YOU PINT SIZED MOTHER*BLEEPER*!!!

lol Potatos, well then i guess they will have to re visit the ogris then.

Edited by 911nsidejob

No to every one of these suggestions. The Ogris is fine as is. What it lacks in DPS compared to Penta, it makes up for tenfold in range, simplicity, and ease of use. It's still one of the most powerful weapons in the game; it doesn't need buffs of any sort just because another explosive weapon deals better DPS than it does.

What it could use is a fix to the jamming issues, but that's about it.

Edited by SortaRandom

The Ogris is fine as is.

Oh sure, it's fine. Fine doesn't equal good or fun. It's there and it's certainly usable but there are a dozen primaries I'd take before Ogris.

I think it should just have fly-by-wire laser-guided capabilities.

It's hard to tell because it's a bit of an idea slush but I think the 9ammo+ripple and guided missiles can be separated into two different suggestions. I'd like it better if both where there but either/or can work.

Edited by ValhaHazred

I would rather the Ogris was toned down, not up - insofar as taking away it's quite ludicrous ammo capacity of 540. It effectively has infinite ammunition as a result, given how slow-firing it is and how destructive each individual shot is, and the fact that such a simple fix has not yet been implemented does not speak well for DE's coders.

It certainly does not need any improvement, already being one of the most potent weapons in the game.

I would rather the Ogris was toned down, not up - insofar as taking away it's quite ludicrous ammo capacity of 540. It effectively has infinite ammunition as a result, given how slow-firing it is and how destructive each individual shot is, and the fact that such a simple fix has not yet been implemented does not speak well for DE's coders.

It certainly does not need any improvement, already being one of the most potent weapons in the game.

you dont understand that the game is still in beta ammunition should not be conciddered right now as everything uses a "grip" system if they make the ogris use sniper ammo it will have access to sniper rifle only mods

this is a code limitiation at the moment and wil lbe fixed so baseing yout entier argument on this is kinda flimsy

"potent" is the wrong word for high damage unessisary charge time and usless in most situations aswell

you cant use it upclose like the penta it takes ages to fire its not at all any fun to use since you have no control like the penta and its down right ugly modle no satisfaction for using this gun at all you would rather use the penta wich is EASIER to obtain more controlable amazing looking cheaper to make easier to use mroe fun to use and is downright sexie beast of a gun over the ogris

why even use the ogris it is lack luster compaired

this argument can also be used when compairing the lanka to the vectis but now you can fire the lanka at super low damage mode at half charge (still does not make it better then the vectis wich since now the lanka is electrical and lacking any physical damage the vectis will now out damage it out crit it and out speed it)

Edited by MoyuTheMedic

you dont understand that the game is still in beta ammunition should not be conciddered right now as everything uses a "grip" system if they make the ogris use sniper ammo it will have access to sniper rifle only mods

this is a code limitiation at the moment and wil lbe fixed so baseing yout entier argument on this is kinda flimsy

"potent" is the wrong word for high damage unessisary charge time and usless in most situations aswell

you cant use it upclose like the penta it takes ages to fire its not at all any fun to use since you have no control like the penta and its down right ugly modle no satisfaction for using this gun at all you would rather use the penta wich is EASIER to obtain more controlable amazing looking cheaper to make easier to use mroe fun to use and is downright sexie beast of a gun over the ogris

why even use the ogris it is lack luster compaired

this argument can also be used when compairing the lanka to the vectis but now you can fire the lanka at super low damage mode at half charge (still does not make it better then the vectis wich since now the lanka is electrical and lacking any physical damage the vectis will now out damage it out crit it and out speed it)

Firstly, the 'beta' argument does not hold up in any discussion given that there won't be a 'finished and released' stage for the game. For all intents and purposes, it has already been released given that the market is operational and money is being taken for in-game items/privileges.

Of course ammunition should be considered, given that it how much a weapon carries is a major component of its effectiveness. The Ogris, carrying a payload of 540 rockets, is entirely unreasonable regardless of the reason, as the operational nature of the weapon renders that figure effectively infinite - I fail to see how anyone could believe a rocket launcher with infinite ammunition is a fair and balanced part of the game. I'm aware of the reasoning behind the payload; that all ammunition amounts are fixed based on weapon type, but I would argue that Ogris is a powerful argument for fixing that weakness in the code, and allocating each weapon an individual ammunition total. The Ogris should also be using the rarer 'sniper' ammo type, but this does not mean it gains access to sniper-specific mods: the bows also use Sniper ammunition but cannot utilise Charged Chamber, for example.

High charge time is necessary to offset the Ogris's high damage output, else it would become ludicrously effective were it simply able to fire repeatedly (with a nigh limitless supply of ammunition to call upon, let us not forget), that would render Defence missions, for one, irrelevant - an Ogris would simply clear the map in moments. 'Useless in most situations' is perhaps appropriate, though - one would not expect to be able to use a rocket launcher in all combat scenarios and for such high power capability, this is fitting. Each shot should be worthwhile and to a degree planned, rather than simply emptying the magazine freely.

I havn't used the Penta so can't comment on it, though my understanding is that it is highly effective. However, just because a weapon is introduced that performs better than the Ogris, the solution is not to then upgrade the power of the Ogris to match - were that done every time, every weapon would soon trivialise the content. A far better solution would be to tone down the Penta such that it is comparable, but functionally different, to the Ogris.

So in summary, I stand by my notion that the Ogris's ammo capacity needs to be reduced, alongside a general fix for ammunition capacities in general, rather than simply adding stats bonuses or needless additional functionality to a weapon that is already one of the most destructive in the game.

Edited by MalusCalibur

I haven't used the Penta so can't comment on it, though my understanding is that it is highly effective. However, just because a weapon is introduced that performs better than the Ogris, the solution is not to then upgrade the power of the Ogris to match - were that done every time, every weapon would soon trivialize the content. A far better solution would be to tone down the Penta such that it is comparable, but functionally different, to the Ogris.

I just want to comment on this bit. I've put my horse in the ammo race looong ago (I think launchers should be "shotguns")

Note in OP I'm not trying to increase Ogris' power, in fact ripple fire does way less per rocket than Ogris currently does. What Ogris lacks compared to Penta is fun.

Edited by ValhaHazred

Chances are with the way they retire and introduce new weapons, they will just elect to retire it and replace it with some new weapon that you then will invest more money and time into before they decide to retire the new item as well.

Its all just a matter of time.

After all, they do need to constantly innvent more new content(including new weapons) to generate more $$$$REVENUE$$$$.

$$$$$$ + $$$$$$ + $$$$$$

Yeah my Ogris is x4 Forma and it really falls short after lvl 35-40 

But it isn't that bad..I can just feel the dramatic stealth nerf

I use it to clear low armor enemies then use 2ndary and/or powers for clear out heavies 

Edited by Ishki88

Firstly, the 'beta' argument does not hold up in any discussion given that there won't be a 'finished and released' stage for the game. For all intents and purposes, it has already been released given that the market is operational and money is being taken for in-game items/privileges.

Of course ammunition should be considered, given that it how much a weapon carries is a major component of its effectiveness. The Ogris, carrying a payload of 540 rockets, is entirely unreasonable regardless of the reason, as the operational nature of the weapon renders that figure effectively infinite - I fail to see how anyone could believe a rocket launcher with infinite ammunition is a fair and balanced part of the game. I'm aware of the reasoning behind the payload; that all ammunition amounts are fixed based on weapon type, but I would argue that Ogris is a powerful argument for fixing that weakness in the code, and allocating each weapon an individual ammunition total. The Ogris should also be using the rarer 'sniper' ammo type, but this does not mean it gains access to sniper-specific mods: the bows also use Sniper ammunition but cannot utilise Charged Chamber, for example.

High charge time is necessary to offset the Ogris's high damage output, else it would become ludicrously effective were it simply able to fire repeatedly (with a nigh limitless supply of ammunition to call upon, let us not forget), that would render Defence missions, for one, irrelevant - an Ogris would simply clear the map in moments. 'Useless in most situations' is perhaps appropriate, though - one would not expect to be able to use a rocket launcher in all combat scenarios and for such high power capability, this is fitting. Each shot should be worthwhile and to a degree planned, rather than simply emptying the magazine freely.

I havn't used the Penta so can't comment on it, though my understanding is that it is highly effective. However, just because a weapon is introduced that performs better than the Ogris, the solution is not to then upgrade the power of the Ogris to match - were that done every time, every weapon would soon trivialise the content. A far better solution would be to tone down the Penta such that it is comparable, but functionally different, to the Ogris.

So in summary, I stand by my notion that the Ogris's ammo capacity needs to be reduced, alongside a general fix for ammunition capacities in general, rather than simply adding stats bonuses or needless additional functionality to a weapon that is already one of the most destructive in the game.

minecraft was selling copys in beta so is starbound...

alot of "beta" games arnt actualy in betabut a test phase to see if people will buy stuff in the shop.....

warframe is in actual beta where everything is subject to change

they did not release yet they just opened the beta to ps4 aswell do you pay attention to this game at all?

and like i said the penta is more effective  mostly because you have more controle

the ogris is just no fun and does the same damage i understand per nade so all 5 nades will do more damage

the ogris pails in comparisen to a real gun on single targets because its so slow damage is dependednt on the the location the target was in the blast but in that time almost every gun people use will out dps in every situations for more ammo wich is unlimited in missions already

the ogris amunition problem is a beta symptom that will be fixed when explosives get their own grip stop hanging up on it

Edited by MoyuTheMedic

Oh sure, it's fine. Fine doesn't equal good or fun. It's there and it's certainly usable but there are a dozen primaries I'd take before Ogris.

Me too. But the weapon is fine. Just because a weapon isn't the one you personally find the most enjoyable doesn't mean it needs buffs or reworks; no one's forcing you, or even politely asking you, to use the Ogris.

It's best to suggest a new rocket-based weapon entirely rather than suggest changes that could potentially ruin the fun of the weapon for people who currently main it. If something like what you were suggesting were released as a separate weapon or mod system (similar to Sticky Bomb mods that will be released for Penta), then I'd rejoice and gladly carry it into missions now and then. If it was completely replacing my favourite weapon, though, then it would instantly suck out much of the fun that the game currently offers for me.

Edited by SortaRandom

It's best to suggest a new rocket-based weapon entirely rather than suggest changes that could potentially ruin the fun of the weapon for people who currently main it. If something like what you were suggesting were released as a separate weapon or mod system (similar to Sticky Bomb mods that will be released for Penta), then I'd rejoice and gladly carry it into missions now and then. If it was completely replacing my favourite weapon, though, then it would instantly suck out much of the fun that the game currently offers for me.

That is a very fair viewpoint! I hadn't really thought of it that way. I felt it would need a radical change to increase my enjoyment and didn't really think of others.

I think Steve said something about weapon skins with alternate firemodes. That could work for my suggestions too.

Edited by ValhaHazred