Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible Melee Fix!?

Jin_Kazama

I had seen this idea on the forums months ago, but i have added upon it and wanted to see what everyone thinks.

What if!

Against Bullets- (corpus lasers etc)

Daggers and small weapons - Deflect the most bullets while blocking
Long swords - Moderate bullet deflection
Heavy weapons - Deflect the least amount (if any)

Against melee strikes- (infested smacks, heavy gunner radial knockdown etc)

Daggers and small weapons- Barely block it/slight reduction of damage/knocked down
Long swords - Get pushed back (same as animation currently)
Heavy weapons - Block the melee the most/ no knockdown

This type of gameplay would bring diversity dramatically to the game! :D
Actually making there be a purpose to bringing small melee's compared to heavy ones, and bridging the gap , stopping people from arguing that there is no point to certain weapons in the game!

I think it would have to do with speed and precision that you wouldnt be able to get with larger, heavier weapons

^this

Smaller weapons you can move them around faster, blocking numerous bullets as they come your way,

if you have a huge Galatine, you cant move it around as fast, you cant block the numerous bullets coming at you

:D

i mean look at the animation for heavy weapon blocking, they just kind if slowly swerve it left and right but with faster ones they're seen spinning it and covering a wider arc

Edited by Jin_Kazama

It would make more sense the other way around--gunfire comes in a straight line from a single target at once. We're all using machineguns here.

Hence, it would make the most sense that the largest, heaviest thing you've got could block the repeated streams. Just angle it right and you start deflecting all of the bullets a certain enemy fires. On the other hand, a small knife would have to be repeatedly placed in about the same location, in rapid succession, in order to block an incoming stream of bullets.

On the reverse, in any kind of actual physical melee conflict, using a massive weapon to block is tiresome, because your enemy can quickly adjust their angle of attack to avoid it. That's why fencing was always done with the lightest swords possible, and off-hand weapons used for blocking were so much lighter still that they weren't even swords, usually just fancy gloves or small daggers.

All of that being said, I'm not sure if this is asking for a nerf to reflection and parry, or what, exactly, since those currently do what this is asking for.

Wouldn't dual longswords be the best option for blocking bullets?

Ala Wade Wilson in Wolverine: Origin?

I think a better option would be:

Against Projectiles:

Daggers and short weapons  = 30% chance of blocking (completely negating) damage - 25% reduced sprint speed while blocking - Each blocked shot takes 0.5 stamina.

Single long weapons = 65% chance of blocking damage - 40% reduced sprint speed while blocking - Each blocked shot takes 1 stamina point.

Dual long weapons  = 90% chance of blocking damage - 55% reduced sprint speed while blocking - 1.5 stamina point lost per block.

Heavy weapons = 30% chance of blocking damage - 60% reduced sprint speed while blocking - 1 stamina lost per block.

Against Explosions:

Daggers and short weapons = 0% chance of blocking damage - -||- - -||-

Single long weapons = 50% chance of blocking 50% damage - -||- - -||-

Dual long weapons = 40% chance of blocking 60% damage - -||- - -||-

Heavy weapons = 80% chance of blocking 80% damage - -||- - -||-

Against beams (flames of Scorch count for this to make it easier): - Works like Excal in the Vor trailer.

Daggers and short weapons = 100% chance to block, reduces damage taken by 30%, consumes 1 stamina per second hit (stacks with the number of beams). Can only move at reasonable fast walk- -||-

Single long weapons = 100% chance to block, reduces damage taken by 50% consumes 2 stamina per second hit. Can move only at slow walk. - -||-

Dual long weapons = 100% chance to block, reduces damage taken by 65% consumes 2.5 stamina per second hit. Gets pushed back. -||-

Heavy Weapons = 100% chance to block, reduces damage taken by 90% consumes 1 stamina per second hit. Can not move.- -||-

Against melee attacks:

Daggers and short weapons = 50% chance to dodge full damage. Does not negate knockdown. -||- - -||-

Single long weapons= 75% chance to block block 50% damage and 75 chance to negate knockdown. -||- - -||-

Dual long weapons = 75% chance to block 75% damage, 50% chance to negate knockdown. -||- - -||-

Heavy Weapons= 95% chance to block 70% damage, negates knockdown. -||- - -||-

Okay, these are just numbers i just thought up on top of my head, but the idea is still that each type has it's advantages for certain situations and playstyles.

Daggers are unsuited for blocking but having the advantage of barely taking stamina when they do and having a bit of a wild card element (being able to dodge instead of taking reduced damage).

Long weapons are best suited against projectiles and okay against the other types.

Dual weapons are stronger than single against most attacks but slow down more and take the most stamina.

Heavy weapons finaly are near useless against projectiles but great at being "shieldlike" against beams and blasts and melee attacks while also slowing down the player the most.

Edited by Othergrunty

Against Projectiles:

Daggers and short weapons  = 30% chance of blocking (completely negating) damage - 25% reduced sprint speed while blocking - Each blocked shot takes 0.5 stamina.

Single long weapons = 65% chance of blocking damage - 40% reduced sprint speed while blocking - Each blocked shot takes 1 stamina point.

Dual long weapons  = 90% chance of blocking damage - 55% reduced sprint speed while blocking - 1.5 stamina point lost per block.

Heavy weapons ....~

i fully agree with your idea!!