Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fix Ragdoll Weapons To Ragdoll Again Please!

KittyDarkling

I posted about this a while back when DE said they fixed the issue. but here we are at 11.5.2 11.5.3 11.5.4 and these weapons still dont work. Kogake use to send enemies flying across rooms. It was the best part about this weapon! Now.. it just kinda knocks the enemy down. Surely DE must of noticed this? IF I wanted to knock someone down with a melee weapon I'd grab the Obex and just do a ground slam!!! the thing has a massive knock down radius! The entire point of the chaged attack was to send something like a heavy or a fusion Moa AWAY from you, or the defense point, or anything you want.

These two aren't the only weapons affected either.

Kogake

Obex

Kestrel

Bo (from what I've heard)

all use to ragdoll enemies in such a way. and Maybe it was just the way the damage system was overhauled but I dont want this to be swept away and ignored :/

does anyone else miss ragdoll weapons? or at least agree DE should fix them?

Edited by KittyDarkling

Ahem, bump. Things that made weapons unique have been bugged and totally ignored since 11.0.

What happened to special attributes of weapons? There's no more "Kunai staggers enemies but Despair doesn't", it's all about DPS now because utility-based attributes which were once important aspects of weapons have been completely removed.

This isn't right, and needs a fix.

Edited by SortaRandom

i also miss melee staggering mobs

AFAIK no melee currently stagger mobs, thus melee is even MORE suicide than it used to be

In theory the Impact proc or putting Blast on your weapon should take care of that, in practise I've pretty much never seen it work.

I too am pretty disappointed that their "fix" was so minimal and didn't bring back what really made those weapons shine. Especially now that they have the chance to shine more than ever. Could you just imagine playing as Valkyr, punting an enemy up into the air with Obex and then showing off your amazing reflexes by snatching them right back out of the air with your Ripline?

Edited by BLOODGAZMS

In theory the Impact proc or putting Blast on your weapon should take care of that, in practise I've pretty much never seen it work.

I too am pretty disappointed that their "fix" was so minimal and didn't bring back what really made those weapons shine. Especially now that they have the chance to shine more than ever. Could you just imagine playing as Valkyr, punting an enemy up into the air with Obex and then showing off your amazing reflexes by snatching them right back out of the air with your Ripline?

That actually sounds kinda amazing :O

But yeah I also makes me sad because I never even got to try the Bo out. Has anyone here had the chance?

EDIT: yes this is a bump (this topic is important)

Edited by KittyDarkling

Bo was my first melee weapon back when it was for 5k credits and when the game first went open beta thing was fun as hell charge attack sent enemies across the room. Now it's just another severely under powered weapon. The only thing they did was make a lot of the weapons way less fun seriously I didn't care about the damage even back then it wasn't that great but that knock back was just the funnest thing to do.

But yeah I also makes me sad because I never even got to try the Bo out. Has anyone here had the chance?

My friend who introduced me to Warframe, I used to love watching him play because he had a Bo and it was just the most hilarious thing.  There was this one move where he would stab at the enemy with the Bo like he was using a cue stick to hit the balls in a game of Pool, and it would send enemies skidding across the ground.  I would yell stuff like "Napalm, corner pocket" whenever I saw him charging up the attack and then I wouldn't be able to stop laughing at the result.

Bo was my first weapon back in the closed beta day. It wasn't the best but I loved it until I sold it for the slot.

Kogake had its ragdolling completely broken for a while but now it's like a nerfed feature. Enemies just fall down.

pls DE

Edited by sewens

I miss ragdolling. That's the feature that made me love the Amphis - the damage was fairly mediocre (albeit armour-ignoring - another of the points where Damage 2.0 fails compared to its predecessor), but corpse-tossing was so very fun.

And yes, I preferred it to the Kogake/Obex because it didn't send live enemies flying, only dead ones. I found ragdolls almost impossible to hit.