The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whats So Good About Dark Sword?

pandasake

I have two. It sucks. And It's on the alert system. Trust me.

They should sell it for plat though, people would buy it just for the name. And find out 'hey! ZEDD was right...'

Edited by ZEDD

• 2 months later...

Or, it's not even in the loot table... Or DE plans on selling it for platinum.

Actually the dark sword has 5 more base damage AND 5 more on charge attack (plasma has 25 and 120 respectively, dark sword gets 30 and 125) and both have the same swing speed. So dark sword wins, and there were 2 ? missions with the dark sword in the past 3 weeks by the by

125 base charge damage. Put a high enough Killing Blow mod on it, it'll be a beast.

Also, IMO only: Dark Sword, Pangolin Sword and Skana Prime in a three-way tie for the coolest looking swords in the game.

There's some missing information on the wiki. For example from my testing Dark Sword staggers all basic Grineer on normal hit. Which is quite useful sometimes. Dunno about Corpus (haven't tested that yet) and it doesn't seem to stagger infested from my experience. So that's one little thing it has over Plasma Sword. Apart from that it's mostly looks and the fact that it has more coloring options.

EDIT: Wow it's true this topic is old, didn't notice that. 

Edited by LocoWithGun

It is bloody rare and I've read there hasn't been an alert for it in 3 months (maybe 4 at this point).

A couple days ago, it was open in a mission.  Im so glad my friend and I got it.  She and I both like it since i deals triple damage to infested, has fair normal-swing damage, and when modded with elemental mods, it will affect multiple enemies that are close to your first target.  The plasma sword, can't hit multiple enemies.

Actually the dark sword has 5 more base damage AND 5 more on charge attack (plasma has 25 and 120 respectively, dark sword gets 30 and 125) and both have the same swing speed. So dark sword wins, and there were 2 ? missions with the dark sword in the past 3 weeks by the by

waitwhat

MARCH????

DUDE. WHY.

Why the bump.

Plasma has the better crit rate