Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Next Up In Warframe: Nancy Drew Returns!

ssh83

Warframe has already successfully transitioned from a shooter into a pixel hunting (scanning) game!  

Next, DE will replace Lotus with Nancy Drew and we can have a full-on Nancy Drew adventure in space (ft. space ninja)!

Exciting pixel hunting puzzles and mysteries of misplaced heirloom await!

lol

Somehow DE has made the repetitive, unchallenging events even worse by taking out the shooter element and replacing it with pixel hunting and photography, then adding RNG to extend the grind.  There are so many ways this event could've been more warframe-like... just off the top of my head:

- Significantly increase plant spawn rate but put some of them behind acrobatic challenges like in void.  Make navigating the thick plant growth a challenge that gives rewards.  Then give tiered reward where scanning gives you something basic, but actually getting to the plant and extracting physical sample gives you more.

- Give rare plants as bonus reward for OD Assassin (on top of current reward. not affecting drop rate of existing loot)

or add boss battles in Cicero map (that drop the rare plants) to spice things up a bit.  

I paid money to support a space ninja shooter, not pokemon snap. The only saving grace in this event is that reward is just a reskin Viper.  It'll probably be OP, but it's not like I really need any more dps anyways... so at least I won't feel like i missed out by skipping this. lol

Y'know, i actually like the new event... It's a nice change of pace from the 800 mission hours that i have running and gunning. It's also a good way to get us to explore and know about the new tileset that will just become a huge shooting range yet again by the end of the event. They even made it possible for beggars to complete the event in a single run, with none of that "complete that huge-&#! bar that everyone will complete for you anyways."

Overall i hope DE breaks the pace like this more often, although one thing i could do without is THE FRIGGING RNG!... Seriously, DE, if you love RNG so much, why don't you leave your design decisions to it too? Maybe you can make a Warframe that is completely painted with RNG. Maybe you could have the livestream with RNG quotes instead of you guys. Hell, maybe everyone in DE gets worktime allocated trough a RNG, so that guy in accounting gets constantly screwed up because his hours keeps showing up as 20 daily hour. I also think that everyone at DE rolls a RNG to decide what they'll eat. Maybe they have RNG dreams, so every night Steve get that dream where people don't have enough RNG and they should put more RNG into the game so people stop complaining about RNG.

(More Skill and less Luck is good design. It's all i'm saying.)

But other then RNG frustrations, the overall design is quite good. I like the idea of messing around with the Codex and a good coordinated team can get your 100 score quite easily if you have the friends to do this trough the event. And even if you don't have the friends to do it, you can go for Vermillion now, which is a huge-&#! RNG focused grind, but at least there is the option if you want to go the long loner way.

So kudos, DE, i like this event a little less then i liked the Gradivus one but i still like it a lot. It even came with a big burly white dude warframe.

Warframe has already successfully transitioned from a shooter into a pixel hunting (scanning) game!  

Next, DE will replace Lotus with Nancy Drew and we can have a full-on Nancy Drew adventure in space (ft. space ninja)!

Exciting pixel hunting puzzles and mysteries of misplaced heirloom await!

lol

Somehow DE has made the repetitive, unchallenging events even worse by taking out the shooter element and replacing it with pixel hunting and photography, then adding RNG to extend the grind.  There are so many ways this event could've been more warframe-like... just off the top of my head:

- Significantly increase plant spawn rate but put some of them behind acrobatic challenges like in void.  Make navigating the thick plant growth a challenge that gives rewards.  Then give tiered reward where scanning gives you something basic, but actually getting to the plant and extracting physical sample gives you more.

- Give rare plants as bonus reward for OD Assassin (on top of current reward. not affecting drop rate of existing loot)

or add boss battles in Cicero map (that drop the rare plants) to spice things up a bit.  

I paid money to support a space ninja shooter, not pokemon snap. The only saving grace in this event is that reward is just a reskin Viper.  It'll probably be OP, but it's not like I really need any more dps anyways... so at least I won't feel like i missed out by skipping this. lol

I don't know if it's as painfully obvious to everyone else as it is to me, but all of the myriad problems that routinely plague this game can be directly linked back to two unfortunate realities:  

1) Despite lipservice, DE don't actually utilize actionable player feedback enough to positively impact the player experience

2) Sweeping changes are made without DE playing their game enough to realize changes are shyte. 

There's no cure for stupid.  I have realized it's unrealistic to expect positive things to happen in this game anymore because this is DE's modus operandi.  I have grown disgusted waiting for a year for a gameplay update that never comes.  Sure we get content but it's not that much fun if the gameplay never gets improved based around the PLAYER EXPERIENCE.  Hence the RNG, grind nightmare we now have (when there's obviously a good game being ignored underneath).

Edited by alocrius