Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should Hayden Tenno Apear And Why ?

VoidGhost

hmm,Hayden or someone like him must take place in team following Lotus as Tenno guidance.In many games we have seen Masters from where you earn your skills.The new Mastery Ranks should equip  more than meets the eye

I got to be honest with you chap, you lost me there.

Are you saying you would like to see Hayden as another type of Lotus figure?

Pretty sure there would be continuity issues with bringing a 2,000+ year old character from a completely separate game.

Devs have said repeatedly that some elements from Dark Sector are present in Warframe, but only because Warframe is more in line with what they originally wanted Dark Sector to be (basically the publisher told DE to send the game in a different direction than what they originally wanted to do).

Additionally, DE said that beyond the similarities between elements (like warframes, technocyte, etc) the lore is separate; that Dark Sector's lore does not factor into Warframe and that Dark Sector is not a Warframe 'Prequel.'

You could also argue that Hayden Tenno's position as the "OG" could be more that he was a spiritual inspiration for Warframe as we know it. DE have never specifically said that darkSector is the cannon history of Warframe and every new lore release seems to contradict that.

Again, that is just my input. I like darkSector, but personally I think it needs to keep it's mitts out of Warframe, other than being a spiritual precursor.

Even if they did regardless... Spiritual, or not.. the time line is so far away its like Warhammer 40k, and Warhammer...

Pretty sure there would be continuity issues with bringing a 2,000+ year old character from a completely separate game.

Devs have said repeatedly that some elements from Dark Sector are present in Warframe, but only because Warframe is more in line with what they originally wanted Dark Sector to be (basically the publisher told DE to send the game in a different direction than what they originally wanted to do).

Additionally, DE said that beyond the similarities between elements (like warframes, technocyte, etc) the lore is separate; that Dark Sector's lore does not factor into Warframe and that Dark Sector is not a Warframe 'Prequel.'

How would his suit evolve by the pass of this years ? The sight of an entity like this if created would surpass any game's content and it does fit with the need of stronger foes since Tenno weapons are becoming stronger

Correct

Well, again, I would refer to my fellow co-mods post above.

Hayden Tenno - as much as I love him - does not appear to be a true part of the Warframe universe. Putting him in would not add much to the game in my opinion, but I would like to see some kind of ancient Tenno / Orokin added as an NPC at some point to help flesh out the game's history.

Concept is good! Hayden Tenno... meh. Sorry, no dice for me!

Even if they did regardless... Spiritual, or not.. the time line is so far away its like Warhammer 40k, and Warhammer...

I agree, but again, it is pretty much all speculation at this point. 1000 years is not that long, considering how everything now is archived. In a thousand years time, the people of that age will have a much better idea of how we live, then we do of people who lived 1000 years ago, just because of how easy media is to store.

That is pretty much speculation on my part though...

indeed yet I have to respect all opinions and answer the same time as long as I weant the thread to offer the value it should to the Developer Team.To disagree is an option in the Tree of options the form the public opinion which is our out of game neutral weapons of choice

Yes indeed, my problem is, I dont understand what you are actually saying. Your text is often out of context, non descript and totally at a tangent. I really do understand the englich language, but I just dont grasp what you are saying. It is like talking to someone who is using a translation tool. I love a bit of chat but I just don't understand you. 

Yes indeed, my problem is, I dont understand what you are actually saying. Your text is often out of context, non descript and totally at a tangent. I really do understand the englich language, but I just dont grasp what you are saying. It is like talking to someone who is using a translation tool. I love a bit of chat but I just don't understand you. 

quote text you dont understand I will explain,thanks

Well, again, I would refer to my fellow co-mods post above.

Hayden Tenno - as much as I love him - does not appear to be a true part of the Warframe universe. Putting him in would not add much to the game in my opinion, but I would like to see some kind of ancient Tenno / Orokin added as an NPC at some point to help flesh out the game's history.

Concept is good! Hayden Tenno... meh. Sorry, no dice for me!

I agree, but again, it is pretty much all speculation at this point. 1000 years is not that long, considering how everything now is archived. In a thousand years time, the people of that age will have a much better idea of how we live, then we do of people who lived 1000 years ago, just because of how easy media is to store.

That is pretty much speculation on my part though...

1000 years seems too short, and how would they store media if most of it is destroyed, or most probable the Orokin deleted it all so the Tenno couldn't benefit from it. Notice Corpus, and Grineer still don't know what they are looking at when they look at orokin made stuff.

Edited by Arlayn

You could also argue that Hayden Tenno's position as the "OG" could be more that he was a spiritual inspiration for Warframe as we know it. DE have never specifically said that darkSector is the cannon history of Warframe and every new lore release seems to contradict that.

Again, that is just my input. I like darkSector, but personally I think it needs to keep it's mitts out of Warframe, other than being a spiritual precursor.

I apologize if my previous post came off as hostile. I was trying to be dryly humorous and point out that neither sides arguments can said to be stronger than the other. I just get tired of being told I'm wrong by people who honestly don't know anymore than I do but insist they do.

It's a matter of opinion to be sure. I for one really dig the idea of a connection and don't understand the vehement opposition to it, at most I would expect indifference. Not saying opponents are definately wrong or anything just that I can't understand the perspective and have yet to read a reasoning that didn't boil down to hostile statements like "dark sector sucks". Even your "keep it's mitts off" statement conveys a sense of disdain I don't understand.

As to the current lore. I've read the stalker and that doesn't have anything that would contradict DS In my mind.

For Excalibur; Hayden did not have our super ninja powers. It is undoubtably true that those came from the void, for the sake of my argument i would suggest it is the result of some interaction between the technocyte infection, the individuals physiology and whatever is in the void. This takes care of all kinds of appearant contradictions. Hayden would have been the first Tenno, the first Excalibur would have been the first Tenno with advanced powers, and stalker and the rest of the low guardians would have been Tenno who could not adapt to the further stresses of whatever the void transformation entailed. Perhaps kept on a shorter leash with some sort of brainwashing/mind control. This is of course speculation and only one of I'm sure many ways that the current lore can fit with dark sector.

Finally the glaive prime says its orokin tech it doesn't say it's the first of its kind, or not based on the first glaive.

Edited by NevanChambers

I apologize if my previous post came off as hostile. I was trying to be dryly humorous and point out that neither sides arguments can said to be stronger than the other. I just get tired of being told I'm wrong by people who honestly don't know anymore than I do but insist they do.

It's a matter of opinion to be sure. I for one really dig the idea of a connection and don't understand the vehement opposition to it, at most I would expect indifference. Not saying opponents are definately wrong or anything just that I can't understand the perspective and have yet to read a reasoning that didn't boil down to hostile statements like "dark sector sucks". Even your "keep it's mitts off" statement conveys a sense of disdain I don't understand.

As to the current lore. I've read the stalker and that doesn't have anything that would contradict DS In my mind.

For Excalibur; Hayden did not have our super ninja powers. It is undoubtably true that those came from the void, for the sake of my argument i would suggest it is the result of some interaction between the technocyte infection, the individuals physiology and whatever is in the void. This takes care of all kinda of appearant contradictions. Hayden would have been the first Tenno, the first Excalibur would have been the first Tenno with advanced powers, and stalker and the rest of the low guardians would have been Tenno who could not adapt to the further stresses of whatever the void transformation entailed. Perhaps kept on a shorter leash with some sort of brainwashing/mind control. This is of course speculation and only one of I'm sure many ways that the current lore can fit with dark sector.

Finally the glaive prime says its orokin tech it doesn't say it's the first of its kind, or not based on the first glaive.

The Game Dark Sector has some clear lore that clears out a lot of the theories others have made actually, but then there are things left vague like the lore of Warframe.

1000 years seems too short, and how would they store media if most of it is destroyed, or most probable the Orokin deleted it all so the Tenno couldn't benefit from it. Notice Corpus, and Grineer still don't know what they are looking at when they look at orokin made stuff.

That is a whole other can of worms... A good real-life example would be Tesla. Complete genius, made countless discoveries that he remained uncredited for, but his big, brain-melting stuff never got realized. This was a long time ago, but yet people with all their science and technology can still not replicate his works with no computers or mainframes or anything.

Yet we still know he lived and what kind of man he was. Understanding history and understanding the technology are not always mutually exclusive.

Well...if we ever get that storyline that DE mentioned a long time ago where you recover your memories...he could appear on a flashback or some crap.

Other than that, no.

I doubt that flashback... if anything his spirit should be one with the void, and appear in a "one with the force" sort of deal and have a "use the force" moment with us but instead of the force, it would be the void. Possibly a spiritual guide for a tutorial mode would be EPIC... like instead of the Lotus your in the ruins of an old Orokin Tower you wake up and the void is seeping into the area, but the Grineer are coming through the only portal out. Hayden appears in a spiritual form in his suit, and begins guiding you and tells of the great Lotus who will guide you once you leave this place, but abit more cryptic in his wording than that.

That would be pretty neat.

I doubt that flashback... if anything his spirit should be one with the void, and appear in a "one with the force" sort of deal and have a "use the force" moment with us but instead of the force, it would be the void. Possibly a spiritual guide for a tutorial mode would be EPIC... like instead of the Lotus your in the ruins of an old Orokin Tower you wake up and the void is seeping into the area, but the Grineer are coming through the only portal out. Hayden appears in a spiritual form in his suit, and begins guiding you and tells of the great Lotus who will guide you once you leave this place, but abit more cryptic in his wording than that.

That would be pretty neat.

I would be eager to see EXCALIBUR +2000years

Even your "keep it's mitts off" statement conveys a sense of disdain I don't understand.

I just want to clarify on this,

I have completed darkSector in excess of 15 times. I have never traded it in from when I first got it, and I love it above most other games. I have posted on forums and written fanfiction and all sorts of things before Warframe ever came out, but that does not mean that I have to want it in my Warframe experience!

To me, darkSector had it's day. It was a great story, but it simply doesn't fit here.

The lore states that Excalibur was the first Tenno, that the Tenno were rejects of the Orokin. That the Warframe came after the twisting and the powers. Hayden got his powers by Nadia, who was already dressed in a suit, infected to high hell and under the command of Mezner. In the Stalker lore, the Tenno - supposedly - betray the Orokin, but Hayden was fully infected before he even left the island. He never went to the void or fought there.

In darkSector, the suit is just that, a suit. Hayden had his powers with or without it.

In Warframe the 'suit' seems to be a conduit - or perhaps even a prison - for the creatures who wear it. No one really knows!

Hence:

speculationrainbow_zps8dccbcfd.gif

Wrong DE Confirmed Hayden was the First Tenno

I would re-watch that live stream if I were you.

I want to thank Moderators for offering their opinions especially in this Thread,Hayden's apearance is an important issue for the game with or without the expected result

We are just guys who play the game like everyone else. I just happen to be a massive lore-monkey. Being a mod or not changes very little as far as loving the story of this game!

I wouldn't call Hayden appearing in the game an important issue.

Fixing rampant bugs and broken mechanics is important (I personally believe it's even more important than churning out new content/weapons/stuff every week).

Sure, a "Hayden" might make an appearance, but it wouldn't be the same Hayden from Dark Sector, because Dark Sector is a completely different universe/storyline from Warframe--as DE has clarified multiple times in Livestreams.

It'd be like Cid in Final Fantasy games.

I wouldn't call Hayden appearing in the game an important issue.

Fixing rampant bugs and broken mechanics is important (I personally believe it's even more important than churning out new content/weapons/stuff every week).

Sure, a "Hayden" might make an appearance, but it wouldn't be the same Hayden from Dark Sector, because Dark Sector is a completely different universe/storyline from Warframe--as DE has clarified multiple times in Livestreams.

It'd be like Cid in Final Fantasy games.

Nah more like the forces of chaos from Warhammer, and Warhammer 40k.