Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Okay, If You're Going To Have Some Kind Of Parkour Traversal Mechanic..

DirkDeadeye

You really need to include that in the tutorial. I mean, the way I had to get up to a second level to proceed through the map was not intuative at all. It felt like I was exploiting the map to get somewhere I wasin't supposed to go. But that silly lilttle exclamation mark insisted I had to go that way. I came across another situation like this today, I should've recorded it. I was supposed to somehow get myself up through a vent but it was out of reach, and I quite frankly didn't have the patience to figure it out. Because again it felt like I would have to approach in a very counter intuative, sort of break the game kind of way.

I'll come back and play more later, if these guys actually intend on polishing this game some more. But right now between the mind numbing combat, and badly designed parkour.. I'm not very captivated.

You do know this is a beta right?

Also... you do know whatt a beta is right?

And, I'm givng my feedback. What, do you want me to stop playing, and not say anything, in a subforum named "gameplay feedback" Do you not agree that this game needs a better tutorial? Do you not agree that map traversial is a bit vauge for someone who just started playing?

beta

You do know this is a beta right?

Also... you do know what a beta is right?

So because it's beta we're supposed to wait until release to point these things out then? That seems to miss the point of what a beta is, doesn't it?

The way you present your suggestions come off as bitter (to me at least). Which in turn gets bitter responses.

I've seen enough people who think the word beta is synonmymous with demo and the game is virtually complete.

Well, because i'm fresh out of hopping around for 15 minutes trying to get up that vent. After saying I wouldin't play this game. If you're unclear about someones demenor, or what they're trying to say..just ask.

forgot to say it's not a parkour game,

and also the real meaning of parkour is not being done in optimal condition but learn to move in all kind of places

in that regards we have best parkour ever D

I think I know what you're talking about, trust me this took a looooong time to perfect, and you're right that the tutorial had no mention whatsoever. On the asteroid level you find these odd panels that have rub marks on them, you can see one below the vent on the ceiling. What you do is sprint toward the panel, and hold (jump, space by default) when you reach it, while still holding sprint, you will magically run up the wall until you reach a certain height, about the same height as the panel. When you've reached the top, release the (jump key) and you flip backwards onto whatever's behind you. DO NOT let go of the sprint key until after you've let go of (jump) Hope this helps, the same sequence of keys can also be used to run across walls, helpful for crossing gaps.

tl;dr read the underlined text

EDIT: Originally I kept (cheating sorta) using Loki's decoy and then switch teleporting it to get past these areas, it's pretty effective, but not always energy friendly.

Edited by CTXCrimson

and also the real meaning of parkour is not being done in optimal condition but learn to move in all kind of places

The only actual parkour game I know of is mirror's edge, it is a parkour game right? This game just has more options for dealing with obstacles, sort of like brink.

But you had an idea of what I was talking about. And misusing a word(?) seemed like a better choice, instead of fumbling around trying to explain what I'm talking about.

And dude. Seriously, CTXCrimson that hint you gave me, while I do appreciate it... THATS REALLY COUNTER INTUATIVE! LOL How am I supposed to figure that out. :/

That's what i'm talking about.

Devs, bros. How about you make an amalgomation of these 'parkour' elements, (hah) into a map, and show the player how to negotaite these situations.

Also, would some sort of cover mechanic hurt? Or does that break the spirit of teh game?

Also, the minimap in 1080p looks terrible. And the marker looks like a smudge on my screen. You need a better way to breadcrumb people through the game.

Edited by DirkDeadeye

Devs have already expressed that they want this game to be a fast(er) paced TPS. Cover mechanics only slow the game down.

That's fine. I just find myself facing like 15 dudes, and it feels like i'm shooting marshmellows at them and the sword is a glorified butterknife.. I understand that can be overcome by progression...just some of these fights are a little overwhelming.

Edited by DirkDeadeye

Tutorial right now is heavily placeholder. It will get more in-depth as time comes along.

I just think it's important that all of the mechanics of the game are throughly explained. Especially if they're depending on pre-launch purchases for development. I stand to reckon how many people have been turned off by the game from the lack of information.

I just think it's important that all of the mechanics of the game are throughly explained. Especially if they're depending on pre-launch purchases for development. I stand to reckon how many people have been turned off by the game from the lack of information.

I don't think that 'all' mechanic should be explained, just the basic movement/fighting/wallrunning is suffice. Some of the mechanics should be left for the players to explore.

However, bad tutorial is a bad tutorial. Bad UI is a bad UI.

And do you guys know that this wall running thingy is just added from the recent patch because of the players demands? :o

Were still in the beta stage understand that, there are other things needs to be fleshed out/added and fixed before any major tutorials happen.

Most we see now are just placeholders that would be replaced for a more detailed one just like as G3rman said.

And do you guys know that this wall running thingy is just added from the recent patch because of the players demands? :o

Were still in the beta stage understand that, there are other things needs to be fleshed out/added and fixed before any major tutorials happen.

Most we see now are just placeholders that would be replaced for a more detailed one just like as G3rman said.

I'm not disagreeing, but the excuse of it 'being a recent patch' isn't a good one if there is a steady influx of players. It's pretty easy to get into Warframe right now with all of their promotions and their upcoming Steam release.

That means a lot of people will be experiencing the tutorial that is a placeholder, and are not receiving an explanation on a very important feature. Having an up-to-date tutorial is really important if you are getting fresh batches of players consistently, which Warframe is.

I for one love the "thinking" times required the first time you do a new room. They're not very hard, but they get you guessing.

-1 for asking for linearity

Scuffmarks on walls and other hinters and tips should be more than enough for you to 'solve' a room.

The wall running was frustrating. But there was another part where I had to climb up a train then climb up again to a second level into a cave in the rock face. And it felt like I was breaking the game. Before that, I did not know you could vault, or climb anything because the situation never present itself, nor was I told that was possible.

Yep it ist a good one, but its true it just thatx3

If that mechanic is introduced since the beginning of warframe, then they could have included it,it is a part of the game's combat mechanc anyway,and there are alot(I mean alot) of other mechanics/objects that were'nt included in the tutorial, Only the basic stuff-just a placeholder.

But i agree,and i would suggest a simple updated tooltips that might help new players understand the working of the whole game (like an updated info on the loading screen that would make you, "aha! so we can do this thing? i might try this later!") or a longer opening tutorial which would i think will be replaced in the future. :3

Edited by CrystalRibbon

Asking

I for one love the "thinking" times required the first time you do a new room. They're not very hard, but they get you guessing.

-1 for asking for linearity

Scuffmarks on walls and other hinters and tips should be more than enough for you to 'solve' a room.

Asking for linearity? The game breadcrumbs you through each level.

Dark Souls even has the common courtesy to explain how to play the game. THEN dump you into an uncertain, punishing world that rewards you for figuring things out.

Asking

Asking for linearity? The game breadcrumbs you through each level.

Dark Souls even has the common courtesy to explain how to play the game. THEN dump you into an uncertain, punishing world that rewards you for figuring things out.

Not a good argument to bring up a completed game; of course they are going to look like they have a better, more polished introduction. It's just simple fact.