Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sword And Board!

Starbridge

So a while back I had asked for sword and board weapons.  (Sword and shield)

When someone had replied, "Ninjas don't use shields."

As the game has been changing over the last couple of months I have 3 words in defense to that comment.

Ogris, Torid, Penta

So now I ask again.

Can we please get some sword and shield combos please?

(Guild emblem shield crests too)

Agility.... one word defense.

Scindo

I'm sorry, but in no way, shape or form(a) is an axe ever going to be an agility weapon.  Axes are for intimidation and massive damage on contact.

Maybe you have not seen some sword and shield fights, it takes an incredible amount of agility to use a shield.

>_>

I would rather have a spear and shield combo IMO.

But also lets wait for Melee 2.0 before any excessively different melee weapons.

How about a shield that's also a sword?

Or a shield that's also a spear?

Scindo

I'm sorry, but in no way, shape or form(a) is an axe ever going to be an agility weapon.  Axes are for intimidation and massive damage on contact.

Maybe you have not seen some sword and shield fights, it takes an incredible amount of agility to use a shield.

Heavy axes maybe. We have dual weilding axes, called Dual Zorens.

The 2 handed weapons are an argument on "agility".

Edited by VoidWraith

An argument on agility?

Go to your local hardware store and buy an 12 pound sledge hammer and find a nice big field and try and swing it with some grace.  Wont happen, the weight on one end of it makes it nearly impossible to make it look graceful when trying to make multiple swings that flow together.

Anyway, done dealing with flame posts.

Sword and board would be awesome to see.

Scindo

Depends on the axe and the wielder. I have seen some SCARY people with 2 handed Danish axes. Most of the double bladed axes are horseman weapons, not really useful for foot use by normal infantry if they don't want to kill companions. I am talking real life here, not fantasy weapons of course.

Sword and shield are fairly slow moving if you want to keep your defense strong. On that note, shields CAN be an offensive weapon, but not a very quick one. Last time I checked, ninjas did not use Phalanx formations. if that is what you want, go for it. Phalanx and legions COULD move swiftly, so I guess having a line of ninjas changing with shields would be... interesting. To someone.

Then I pull out my Ogris and blow the line to atoms before they can even get close. Shooting at the ground under or to the side of the shields of course.

Edited by Kalenath

• 2 months later...