The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Finisher Moves

(NSW)T-Powes

Am i missing something with these? Are they ever any good? They only seem to do marginally more damage and lock you into a sometimes painfully slow animation where you must not only wait for the attack to finish, but also for your warframe to put the weapons away before they can take them out to attack again. They lower dps overall and leave you open to attack without being able to retaliate till the end of the animation. It also seems random whether you use the finisher or not so there is no  control over when it happens (other than trying to avoid downed enemies).

any tips to avoid finisher moves happening or to skip/shorten the animation?

Kogake's seem decent enough, besides that, uh...

Honestly, what I do with my Galatine is move in a circle if I'm gonna do multiple charge attacks, that way I avoid activating the finisher over a guy.  As for faster weapons like the Jaw Sword?  No clue man, sorry.

I think finishers should have a buff, maybe..eh...iunno, this sounds a bit weird, maybe the finisher gives invincibility frames and has an AOE knockdown around it?

Yeah i'm hoping melee becomes a lot more viable. I find it really fun jumping around chopping stuff up with swords, daggers, etc. but it kinda loses some of its enjoyability when you hit the point where you just stop dealing damage.

I think finishers should have a place in a game like this, they just need to actually be useful. And it would be great if i could control exactly when i try to do them (for example having finisher moves on the 'v' key which i believe is unused at the moment by default so i can mash 'e' without worrying).

Yeah i'm hoping melee becomes a lot more viable. I find it really fun jumping around chopping stuff up with swords, daggers, etc. but it kinda loses some of its enjoyability when you hit the point where you just stop dealing damage.

I think finishers should have a place in a game like this, they just need to actually be useful. And it would be great if i could control exactly when i try to do them (for example having finisher moves on the 'v' key which i believe is unused at the moment by default so i can mash 'e' without worrying).

Honestly, one day, I REALLY want to start blaring Rules of Nature/Locked and Loaded over a microphone while slashing everything up.  Only thing stopping me is 1.I'd die, and 2.I don't want to be rude(Can't do much about that one).

I really hope U12 does something about #1, though.

I've found myself watching enemies' health bars when these are going on and seem to do very little for the most part. My potatoed Fang Primes seem to work well, but on the whole I seem to get an excessively long animation and no damage from it.

Really want some fang primes, just got my fangs to 30 almost entirely by jump-slide-spinattacking enemies. I feel like a ninja, its so much fun :P

Honestly, one day, I REALLY want to start blaring Rules of Nature/Locked and Loaded over a microphone while slashing everything up.  Only thing stopping me is 1.I'd die, and 2.I don't want to be rude(Can't do much about that one).

I really hope U12 does something about #1, though.

I really want them to implement the ability to have a theme tune for your warframe. Like in pro wrestling lol. Whenever you pull off a really cool kill or feat of acrobatics it should cut to your theme music with a wyld stallyns style air guitar animation.

I agree, finishers are really damn annoying. They're slow and underpowered, and they keep interrupting my expected melee sequences.

Not to mention, somehow I manage to miss half of the ones I do accidentally.

Finishers occur when you place your cursor over a downed enemy and press melee.

I will try to avoid looking at downed enemies then, though it can be hard when swarmed by a lot of enemies, especially infested, as you can't always see the downed ones until it's too late

Stop mashing melee key before the Finisher or charge attack before finisher. Good news is U12 has great melee rework coming!

Not for nothing but, they have a Melee rework coming. It's a bit premature to call it great. Sorry just trying to keep my own expectations in check but it's worth saying none the less. Remember 11.5.3

Not for nothing but, they have a Melee rework coming. It's a bit premature to call it great. Sorry just trying to keep my own expectations in check but it's worth saying none the less. Remember 11.5.3

I'd have to agree. Don't get me wrong, I think the melee mode coming out looks cool, but as far as making melee truly viable? There is so much that needs to be changed for melee that I doubt they've addressed or prepared to address in U12. Melee viability still seems like a long way off, if ever.

The only melee finishers that work are hand to hand types, because the flurry of blows that make for the finisher can actually be good damage (been using this a lot as of late to pick lonely Grineer off). The others need work (heavy weapons are particularly ridiculous, but those are made for charges, so it's fine that they suck at other things i guess).

The only hand to hand finisher that for some reason is pathetic is the Valkyr's Hysteria finisher (deals tiny damage, instead of the huge multiplier the rest of attacks have) but i guess it'd be a boss killer move (is that a bad thing?) if it dealt 300+ per punch in what is a normal hand to hand finisher.

Edited by 065tdsa