Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Weapons Should Have Been Forged In The Dojo

Ribboz

Newer and better weapons keep showing up in the market. These weapons should be built in the Dojo.

Oracle: (put Tenno built weapons here)

Example: Soma

Grineer Lab:

Example: Stug, Karak

Corpus Lab:

Example: Penta

These are faction specific weapons. It would make a lot of sense for us to build them from the Dojo. I could understand the market being a "black market" for stolen weapons for Plat and maybe temporarily in the beginning. But these weapons should really be moved to the Dojo where they are reverse engineered and built there. This would help with the anger toward power creep and be a little more lore friendly.

What do you all think?

Weapon research is an impossibility for many players.  My dojo has a hall, and a trading post.  At the 120 hour mark, I'm finally getting to where I'm able to take on T2 void missions.  Forma is incomprehensibly rare for me.  I can get platinum more easily than I can get forma.  (about to max my high-level serration).

Weapon research is very very cool, but it's an "end game" function, and not possible until you don't need it much.

Well many of the new faction related weapons are not wielded by enemies (exception being the Karak but Grineer weapons are tradtionaly aquirable via the market), which was pretty much the whole gimick of the dojo research when it was introduced. Now it's main role is for new weapons which are made from enemy technology or biology in case of the infested.

So the only weapons you can expect to be research only are going to be hybrid weapons or weaponized infested material.

However the reason they don't make all of these new weapons, dojo research only is because that would be a collosal waste of money. Sorry to say it so bluntly, but what's important for them is weapons that can be sold on the market place. Dojo weapons are purely crafted so they make no money for them. Therefor Dojo research is of secondary or tertiary importance for them.

I doubt they are flat out ignoring the dojo research or wanting clans to be dissapointed. But what counts is keeping the game alive and that comes from selling weapons via plat on the market and they can't put something on the market without adding a credit buyable blueprint for the F2P.

The whole purpose of the Penta is essentialy to give non-clan players an explosive weapon since the Ogris is clan tech only and they can't make it market place aquirable or else they make clan players angry.

So no, new weapons are primarily designed to be sold on the market, only an expandable amount of weapons are going to be dojo only.

However currently there is a good chance the Detron is going to be clantech only since it's wielded by Corpus enemies.

Edited by Othergrunty