Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Burston Prime Unbalanced Damage

Nijuroku

I haven't used the Burston Prime yet but I have tried the regular Burston. In what I've seen from the Burston, the balanced damage is what makes it stand out aside from the burst-fire trigger. I started liking the Burston because of it being fun to use and it's quite challenging to time shots for the best dps. When I found out that the Burston Prime came out, I immediately checked the stats in the wikia pages. The higher slash damage contra to the equal impact and puncture damage calls for the Burston prime being more effective against infested enemies. I like the balanced damage on the regular Burston because it makes it versatile with the different factions and the versatility is what I need. Instead of relying so much on the Soma as my "go-to" weapon, I wanted something that gives me more of a challenge and a better feel to the gameplay. Honestly, having an OP weapons is pretty boring, that's why they nerfed the Acrid so badly. Upon realizing that the Burston Prime did not have the said "balance", I figured that it may not be worth farming for besides the mastery points. 

Statistics:

The base damage values of the Burston Prime are

Impact: 11

Puncture: 11

Slash: 15

Compared the the regular Burston

Impact: 10

Puncture: 10

Slash: 10

To summarize my statement, I wish to see the Burston Prime getting the balance it needs in the future updates. It doesn't necessarily have to be now but soon would be fine. 

Any comments and supplementary suggestions are welcome.

So, let's say it will be changed from 11/11/15 to 12/12/13. You will get only 1 (one!) point of difference in impact and puncture. Big deal, really.

And if we consider elemental mods dealing 70% of damage, then you concerns over "unbalanced" stats are just silly.

Edited by AlienOvermind

Granted the Burston's damage is completely balanced amoung the three damage types and the Burston Prime's it a little more slash-heavy, but...the base damages are all still higher with the Braton Prime. Slash mods will scale better, but it's still well-rounded. I don't see much of a problem, honestly.

Burston prime is ahead of regular in every  possible way i try that on all factions in void too, damage is least of  that things, i will soon add  3rd forma rank 20 atm.

Today i notise someting, if you shoot at corpus crew mans chest you will deal 39 damage all the time without mods.

That makes me think that  overall damage is actualy 2dmg higher than 37, i think someone confirmed that on forum already.

Edited by SALE94

why cant a gun be better then another gun?? its a pve mmorpg tps game a me bob

I don't think you read his post very clearly. He states that the burston had balanced damage, meaning they're all 10s. Completely even. While the burston prime has 11 in impact and puncture but 15 in slash. Unbalanced or different.

Granted the Burston's damage is completely balanced amoung the three damage types and the Burston Prime's it a little more slash-heavy, but...the base damages are all still higher with the Braton Prime. Slash mods will scale better, but it's still well-rounded. I don't see much of a problem, honestly.

That's my concern. It's "slash-heavy". 

So, let's say it will be changed from 11/11/15 to 12/12/13. You will get only 1 (one!) point of difference in impact and puncture. Big deal, really.

And if we consider elemental mods dealing 70% of damage, then you concern over "unbalanced" stats are just silly.

Call me silly but I'm in it for the damage multipliers and element bonuses. I only want it to be useful against all the factions instead of it being a single-faction weapon. Plus the Grineer don't really have a weakness to an element except for the puncture damage type. 

Edited by Nijuroku

I find this complaint very silly.

Considering the amount of effort it takes to get Prime equipment, I don't see why they shouldn't be slightly better, if only just a little.

If you're just here to call my "complaint" silly then I suggest that you ignore this thread.

Edited by Nijuroku

And if we consider elemental mods dealing 70% of damage, then you concern over "unbalanced" stats are just silly.

OK, let's do the math... 11/11/15 vs 12/12/13.

14/14/20 vs 16/16/17 with Piercing Hit/Rupture/Sawtooth Clip, all maxed. It's not a big difference, but it is enough to matter.

Let's throw Serration, maxed into the mix...

37/37/53 vs 42/42/45. There's the big change. A difference of +5 points in two categories and -7 in the remaining one. I'll take the 12/12/13 version...

39 i still think it actualy does 39dmg.

I think i dont see  any recoil, or it is soo small you need attention too notice.

Better status chanse

Way faster fire rate

More accuracy.

I used old burston aloot, this maybe have little less balanse, but i would place him higher in tier, just my opinion gun is beast.

Paris prime have mastery rank 4, as oposite too mastery 0 for regular paris.

This should the same case.

Edited by SALE94

Also its a burston - meaning  3 round bursts, so the single shot damage when balanced scales way better.

Slash is overall alot weaker then other two - Most enemies you face has ether shields or armor of some kind to negate slash damage.

Call me silly but I'm in it for the damage multipliers and element bonuses. I only want it to be useful against all the factions instead of it being a single-faction weapon. Plus the Grineer don't really have a weakness to an element except for the puncture damage type. 

corrosive

viral

radiation

every faction has elemental weaknesses and even the "lower" stats will perform better on every enemy.

not to mention all elements scale better with higher base damage and ignore IPS, IPS mods are mostly irrelevant as they offer minimal buffs, especially on rifles.

the "unbalanced" stats only really matter if you arent using elemental mods, and if you arent using elemental mods, chances are the enemies you are fighting can be overkilled by virtually anything

I agree with OP, burston prime would be a better weapon if the damage stat was balanced.  12/12/12 is superior to 11/11/15 because all the seriously threatening enemies have either shields or armor. There are a multitude of ways to deal with light infected, the only enemy type that slash damage really seems to work well on.

Guest Shibboleet

While lowering the slash would be beneficial in some scenarios in solo or pug play, lowering the slash on this weapon it would actually be a slight nerf to late game defense/survival.

In summary:

Slash > Impact >= Puncture.

Edited by Shibboleet