The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop Punishing Us, Changing Things To Punish Us Does Not Make It More Difficult

EChondo

As per the thread title...

Changing the damage system, armor, shields, health, elemental effects, etc. Are all a punishment against the whole player base. Changing the health to have a pool of millions of points isn't a challenge, it's a punishment, it's annoying and it only furthers us to stay in a mission for no reason other than to waste time.

Now I'm not saying that the game should be a point, shoot, and win. I am saying that adding in all these different factors is only making the game tedious and boring. Taking away things such as factions, loot-ability and the overall fun factor of the game is just asinine.

Digital Extremes, if you do not fix these punishing changes, your player base will leave you. When I first started playing this game, it was marketed as a run n' gun "SPACE NINJAS!" game, not an overly complicated, repetitious, Dark Souls copy.

Revert damage 2.0, get rid of this ridiculous armor increases, remove elemental effects and instead improve on them. I know this game is "beta", but having so many things change so constantly, without warning, is only punishing the player base. Some find this fun and intuitive, most find this annoying and a slap in the face.

My suggestions;

1. Get rid of damage 2.0, elemental effects, and the insane armor leveling. Instead work on these on your own time, don't force broken updates and hotfixes to the masses.

2. Improve on diverse tilesets.

3. Improve on player movement.

Seeing something like this is absurd;

aSlySZL.jpg

This is a punishment, I would love to get to this high of a wave, but I would not be able to unless I Forma the crap out of my weapons and frame.

Some of you will say that I'm a whiner, that all I want is a easy to win game. I don't, but forcing these things onto people, especially the newbies coming in, is beyond ridiculous and should be stopped.

Edited by EChondo

Now I agree with 2 of your 3 points, I like damage 2.0 alot more than 1.0, more to think about, I would not expect it to be perfected before many iterations of patches.

I believe improving player movement should be top priority for the animation team.

I believe and know that adding more tiles and tilesets to the game is a high priority to the art directors.

I think they need to implement a "book club" card to coincide with the RNG from void runs;  especially   defense.

I very much  believe  the game could use some more polishing, but after they implement the new sword system they presented in the previous livestream.

As per the thread title...

Changing the damage system, armor, shields, health, elemental effects, etc. Are all a punishment against the whole player base. Changing the health to have a pool of millions of points isn't a challenge, it's a punishment, it's annoying and it only furthers us to stay in a mission for no reason other than to waste time.

Now I'm not saying that the game should be a point, shoot, and win. I am saying that adding in all these different factors is only making the game tedious and boring. Taking away things such as factions, loot-ability and the overall fun factor of the game is just asinine.

Digital Extremes, if you do not fix these punishing changes, your player base will leave you. When I first started playing this game, it was marketed as a run n' gun "SPACE NINJAS!" game, not an overly complicated, repetitious, Dark Souls copy.

Revert damage 2.0, get rid of this ridiculous armor increases, remove elemental effects and instead improve on them. I know this game is "beta", but having so many things change so constantly, without warning, is only punishing the player base. Some find this fun and intuitive, most find this annoying and a slap in the face.

My suggestions;

1. Get rid of damage 2.0, elemental effects, and the insane armor leveling. Instead work on these on your own time, don't force broken updates and hotfixes to the masses.

2. Improve on diverse tilesets.

3. Improve on player movement.

Seeing something like this is absurd;

aSlySZL.jpg

This is a punishment, I would love to get to this high of a wave, but I would not be able to unless I Forma the crap out of my weapons and frame.

Some of you will say that I'm a whiner, that all I want is a easy to win game. I don't, but forcing these things onto people, especially the newbies coming in, is beyond ridiculous and should be stopped.

/signed

Nothing more to say

Damage 1.0 wasn't that good either. They should move on to damage 3.0 in which there are no physical damage mods, and elemental damage mods only swap damage into elemental damage.... and elemental damage resistances are all the same, the elemental types differ only in their proc effects (with chances that go all the way up to 100% chance depending on the type).

I'd make a thread about that but I'd get hated into oblivion :(

Also, diminishing returns on player knockdown would be great.

Dmg 2.0 is here simply so there can be more weapons available. Instead of one type of (example: ) long range gun, there are three different damage types of it now.

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about 1.0 vs. 2.0. In some ways I really miss the simplicity of 1.0. We didn't need rock/paper/scissors X 10, we just had normal rock/paper/scissors. Short, medium, and long range weapons, for short, medium, and long range problems. Sure, armor was stupid back then, but now melee and warframe damage abilities are stupid among other things.

Bleed proc against warframes is also very, very stupid.

The worst punishments are from when DE hurts certain playstyles so that everyone plays the same way. Specifically melee players, snipers, stealth players, and explorers. There is no reason that stealth attacks shouldnt be instant-kill.

I would say that u punish urself more than de does by fighting enemies you shouldnt even see.

Unless you got better idea than infinite armor/hp/shields scaling theres no point in complaining. Personally i couldnt think of anything else in current game model.

Well said OP.

???

Wave 99 with two people.

Game is punishing.....

One was a Vauban/Nyx/Ember. Infested are a piece of cake.

When people reach level 101 in Corpus or Grineer they can call themselves men.

There is no reason that stealth attacks shouldnt be instant-kill.

if they were, then everyone would start using invisibility with Loki and dual-zorens all the time.

???

Wave 99 with two people.

Game is punishing.....

One was a Vauban/Nyx/Ember. Infested are a piece of cake.

When people reach level 101 in Corpus or Grineer they can call themselves men.

btw. It was 3 players not 2. Its the new UI redesign ~ doesn't show your own.

Source of the image: http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/1tmgur/highest_level_monsters/

We used Vauban,Banshee,Nova,Rhino, But Rhino left at the wave 74, we focused our setup on having Nova as our main source damage, buffing Nova with Sonar from Banshee, and the battlecry from Rhino, while i was holding off the monsters from the Artifact/Crypod together with Vauban. The Nova did 97% of the damage in the end results. Alot of fun!

They did have a lot of fun, because it was infested. Where is infested now? Oh, in invasions and void only. 

I'll be honest, D 2.0 made snipers OP. Why? with a crit/elemental build on vectis I take three shots to kill Vor. Would be easier and faster if I didn't have to do the waiting game.(Phobos Vor) besides that once its basics are grasped it becomes so easy to do a run. I remeber taking a gun like burston and being mediocre now that thing is beastly. Other guns that got nerfed were just cause of DoT. Soma still deals insane DPS and with a HP combo for most factions needing toxic or electic elements guns like embolist and synapse are even more amazing. Its like MMX any error you make is player error and with knowing how to correct mistakes makes you better at it. Off topic but I can do MMX 1 without dying till the last boss due to how much I played that now its second nature. D 2.0 is the same learn it any everything becomes a breeze. If anything that made the game a lot easier. Unless you're a elemental frame but that's being looked at. Just cause it feels punishing doesn't mean it is. Also 50+ waves/mins are just for show. That and levels are bugged there. But all in all I feel its a step in the right direction. Needs tweaks but that's what we're here for.

D 2.0 is the same learn it any everything becomes a breeze. If anything that made the game a lot easier. Unless you're a elemental frame but that's being looked at. Just cause it feels punishing doesn't mean it is. Also 50+ waves/mins are just for show. That and levels are bugged there. But all in all I feel its a step in the right direction. Needs tweaks but that's what we're here for.

I agree and disagree. D2.0 was great the first time around, I was able to learn it and had a bit of fun with it mixing elementals and seeing what works for me, but D2.1? Really? That was just a kick in the groin.

As I said, they should revert all of this and actually work on it instead of changing some things, releasing it, then a week later change more things. What happens next week? Will there be a D2.2? Hell if I know, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was.

Next update might be the melee rework/WF buffing. D 2.1 is the same as 2.0 just now more specialized. Take Penta for example it deals innate blast damage which is weak on shields and armor but add poison alone and you can kill corpus and heavy grineer easily with it. Hell even a IS built rhino die to it. Now say Synapse and its crit time. Make it so it can obliterate any faction and you're good. All it did was make good guns great and meh guns good. Now if they could fix DoT I'd be happy. And I think we're in D 2.3.