The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New To This Game ..

(PSN)drakeos99

Question

A great newb-friendly frame is Excalibur to start, and then upgrade to Rhino as soon as you can.

Like seedle said, grab the standard Braton, and the Aklex or Akboltos/Vastos and you'll be set until you start getting better mods.

Remember! Mods are more important than weapons when you're new.

^--Exactly what he said.

Rhino is good since you mention survivability, but his abilities are pretty useful (not necessarily ranged damage, which is what guns are for).

Not a whole lot of options without mastery rank, but Braton is one most recommend as it's a direct upgrade to the MK-1 Braton. Also not sure, but possibly Karak is also obtainable without mastery ranks? A great rifle as well if possible, but you'd have to get the resources necessarily to build it.

Buy Rhino, Braton (not the same gun as MK-1Braton variant) due to the Braton being good and cheap, Vasto revolver since it uses very common mods to become good and Galatine sword since it is relatively cheap and one of the better ones. Buy guns and warframe first, then melee sword and a good sentinel. This with mods will let you set up just fine from the beginning.

Tried Excal and i KEEP RUNNING OUT OF AMMO during solo mission and &!$$ing me OFF big time :(

Well watch where You shooting... If you won't waste your ammo it will be ok.

but related to posed question...

Get rank 30 on mk-1 braton, get braton (same thing rank 30), get Boltor ~ and so on... after this You should be fine. (Market blueprints no point in buying them for plat; buy as much as you can slots for warframes and wep. for starting plat)

Lato > Aklato > Furis (cheap) > Afuris (quite cheap) ~ and so on...

Edited by CyklonDX

Tried Excal and i KEEP RUNNING OUT OF AMMO during solo mission and &!$$ing me OFF big time :(

The best advice I have for this is to use some fire discipline. Short controlled bursts are better then spray and pray. It's more accurate and lets you conserve ammo by dealing damage on weakspots more effectively. Going from cover to cover also helps in reducing damage to give you time to aim properly. The AI aims for the core of your body, so you can aim around the side of a door and most of their shots will hit the wall instead of you.

Just like in any Call of Duty, Halo, Gears of War, or any other FPS game.

Dont play Halo, GoW or any of those crap on PS4 and yet I DISLIKE melee i prefer gun fighting/range dps type :( but this game is so confusing

Fair enough - there are other frames that give better support for medium/long range combat, but Excalibur is still a good starting Frame. Since you prefer medium/long range combat, I'd suggest using Radial Blind if more than two enemies get close, use Slash Dash to quickly get into or out of position, and work on getting the MK1-Braton to 30, and then get the regular Braton.

Getting any weapon or Frame to 30 raises your Mastery Rank, which you'll need to have at a certain level before you can use or purchase certain higher-end weapons or frames.

Find someone to level you a bit because out the gate every frame sucks. They made the starter ships stupidly difficult since your weapons (without mods and such) are next to worthless. And practically every other weapon you get for a while will be stupidly underpowered. Basically they want you to spend eternity on the first planet in hopes of getting you to buy plat long before you get burned out and quit.

If you're looking for a decent pistol you could farm Vor to get the Seer parts and make the Seer, its a projectile based sniper pistol that hits hard, but I do agree with a lot of people, upgrade to the braton and work towards rhino. The lex is also a pocket sniper that you can buy for credits and there are some others (vasto, aklato, bolto, ect) that are good pistols to upgrade your lato too.

Couldn't add anything that wasn't already said. Just remember once you get mods damage will be amazing I got lucky in getting serration and hornet strike at like the third node haha. Ranged frames I'd say Nova and Banshee are your best bet with rhino Ash and Oberon havin some survivabilty. Now if you and fun i'd go Valkyr she's a diamond in the rough but once you master her she's just as decent as the other frames. Also once you hit mastery 6 get Soma. Good luck.

If you're looking for a decent pistol you could farm Vor to get the Seer parts

Maybe if your lucky enough to win the Nigerian lotto you might be able to farm it once in your lifetime. And even if you were lucky enough to get it without the right mods tis still a worthless heap of scrap.

I just about soloed half the planets when I started this game which is damn near impossible at present. What everyone fails to tell you is that unless the RNG gods show you favor buying plat is the only real way to climb the ladder..

Edited by CrunkTanium

Welcome to Warframe!

Rhino is a great Warframe, his second ability grants him invincibility until an enemy knocks out his shield! His fourth ability knocks enemies into the air and leaves them at a frozen state for some time.

A good weapon would be the Braton, a primary assault rifle popular among new players.

Best of luck!

Yeah i gotten the Braxton atm just need to get Rhino and few plats to rush the foundry

Honestly, I'd suggest saving your Platinum for buying more Warframe & weapon slots, and maybe buying affinity boosters sometimes. You'll have to wait a little while if you just make items in the Foundry naturally, but you'll be saving Platinum.

Edited by rhoenix