Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kogake : Give It Some Love!

Leorion

I just got the Kogake myself because I am at the point of just trying to make gameplay more interesting through changing my gear... Anyway, it's badass!! but useless... Especially with the recent system and it needs some improvement so that sometime in the future players will actually have a choice between weapons and not just Galatine, Fang. GG forever.

Here are the problems I have with it :

1) Backstabb : While I am trying to punch one enemy, the rest of his allies are making bullet smily faces on my back. Now this is an issue for almost every Melee weapon but due to the REEEAALLY low damage melee weapons have, you keep punching again and again while loosing most of your health.

2) Short-Range boost : As I approach the enemy, their accuracy increases and when I am trying to punch their guts out, they have a point-blank attack, making it all the more devastating and in the new Damage 2.0 system that means proc and well, there goes my life.

Generally speaking, most problems are not exclusive to the Kogake but to all melee weapons. It's basically the problem with melee as a whole and it will be an even more glaring issue when melee will be equipped in the future. (Which I am against if the current system exists.)

Solutions =

1) The Kogake should always knockback an enemy or make them completely unable to attack back when I am punching them in the face. The advantage should be with me who is using the weapon and not the enemy.

2) Buff the damage! I realize the Kogake has 1k damage on wall attacks but who has the time to climb a wall and preform an attack that just MIGHT hit if the enemy is so kind as to stay still and I am not even mentioning the area's with no actual walls or improper one's. How about spreading the damage to normal attacks? Or just keep the 1k damage and buff the punch to the face.

I really like the design and feel of the Kogake but I just can't rely on it to keep me safe. With the way the development of melee is going it's obvious that the developers want Melee to be a crucial part of the game and not just a last resort, but with the current way it's implemented that is what it will always be. Why would I go with a level 20 Kogake and punch enemies 5 times in the face to kill them when I can 1 shot them with a simple Furis?

I agree that melee is underpowered right now, but I hear that there are changes coming in U12.(unconfirmed) A base status chance increase to melee across the board would make melee at least moderately useful again. As far as the kogake go, I think a crit chance buff would be nice, but I do not agree that a damage buff would really serve the weapon well.

I agree that melee is underpowered right now, but I hear that there are changes coming in U12.(unconfirmed) A base status chance increase to melee across the board would make melee at least moderately useful again. As far as the kogake go, I think a crit chance buff would be nice, but I do not agree that a damage buff would really serve the weapon well.

Yeh, as I stated, Melee will be "equipped" similar to equipping a side arm or a Primary. :/ 

Given the current system, that will be a REALLY bad thing.