Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flux Needs Help

UM_Skull

Flux used to be a mighty weapon but now its just a scrap.                                

Instead of slash damage why not make a new damage called beam or just fire damage.

This way its more realistic and logical.

Flux is far from scrap. If you upgrade it so you can put eight maxed out mods on it Flux (and pretty much any weapon) does fine.

I don't really get the 25m range limit and slash damage though. Seems like it should be heat to me as well, and it should go much, much farther.

logically, a Laser could be considered many things. 

Puncture, Impact, Slash(okay this is a bit hokey), Fire, Plasma, Energy, blah blah.

so it all depends on what Flux (and Spectra consequently) are supposed to be, to find an appropriate role for them.

and i have no issues using Flux against enemies of all factions, up to midlevel. 

dem crzy Crits means that a single Crit will nuke any enemy in front of me :p

and even without Crits, half a second or so of Ammunition toasts my enemies fine.

higher levels i can understand it starting to taper off, as due to it's design. low damage, hitting often.

but alas, a 'true' laser would be quite complicated to damage model, and it would be in an entirely separate category from the rest of the weapons.

so i guess we'll need to live with a 'super super fast burst laser' to represent our beam laser.

They nerfed the damage of the Flux rifle with Damage 2.0 in addition to making it pure slashing damage. Before Damage 2.0 it was 200 Serrated Blade damage per second, now it is 120 slash, 15 piercing and 15 impact.

So a damage-type change is not needed imho, just increase the damage back to the 200 it was before Damage 2.0.

Imagine the RAGE if it was turned to pure radiation damage.

Radiation is actually good against something now: Grineer and Corpus bosses, Elite Lancers, Evicerators, Bombards and Napalms.

Though it *is* crap against the Corpus and Infested factions.

As for it being slashing damage, it is pretty good for diversity in my opinion. Energy research does not have any weapon besides Flux Rifle which is decent against Infested; Supra, Dera and Spectra are all primarily puncture weapons. If the Flux Rifle became an "average damage type" weapon, it wouldn't actually be anything you would grab for a particular purpose, leading it to either being underpowered or overpowered (depending on damage).

And even if Radiation damage would make some sense to use instead of slashing, I wouldn't want yet another Grineer-slaying energy-research weapon. I would like a buff to its damage, while still keeping the slashing damage.