Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Harvester Bull$#!7

Mephiste

Seeing as your choice is to accept it or never try for it and pretend it doesn't exist(silently accept it).. it is far from 'unacceptable', even if you don't want to accept it

Oh it CAN be unacceptable. Players just have to show that by quitting the game. I suppose DE wants THAT to happen don't they?

Or perhaps maybe DE actually DOES want that to happen. Just frustrate all the people with expectations away so they don't have to see any more criticism on the forums, and just keep their bunch of loyal fanboys who will stroke their egos with loving praise for every half-assed piece of repetitive content they chuck out and pay loads of dosh for it. Considering DE's latest moves, I'm starting to believe the later, not even being sarcastic here.

Mephiste, on 31 Dec 2013 - 9:02 PM, said:

If this is DE's choice for Warframe's future...(loving e-card)

Sadly this appears to be the case. Taking this whole Detron thing as an example. You wanna know what two of the biggest complaints on the forums have been?

1. No more loot based entirely on RNG

2. We hate farming for Orokin Cells

And what does DE do? Put the Detron behind two layers of RNG (getting Harvester to spawn, getting Harvester to drop the right items) and ALSO make the bp cost 10 orokin cells. MEANWHILE, the Detron turns out to be nothing more than a Brakk with travel time, just another piece of shovel-ware with no unique features. How quaint.

Do you actually know how you can best try to change all the things you don't like about Warframe? Constructive criticism, not bashing DE and replying to other people's posts with profanities and memes (or whatever they're called). Please keep your language at a respectable level, otherwise you can either leave the forum or leave your keyboard. That's not very difficult. To be able to hate on a GAME and the people who are making it (by themselves without a major publisher) and working hard everyday is beyond belief. Please get some air and think about why I just reported you, have a good day. 

So only grineer supports find him huh? then why havent i? im a grineer support too. :P.  btw BTW again as DE said: No one is safe!

It's just a stupidly terrible RNG piece of garbage made to insult people who wanted the Detron during the event.

That's the only way to put it. DE is Taunting.

Do you actually know how you can best try to change all the things you don't like about Warframe? Constructive criticism, not bashing DE and replying to other people's posts with profanities and memes (or whatever they're called). Please keep your language at a respectable level, otherwise you can either leave the forum or leave your keyboard. That's not very difficult. To be able to hate on a GAME and the people who are making it (by themselves without a major publisher) and working hard everyday is beyond belief. Please get some air and think about why I just reported you, have a good day. 

I've tried constructive criticism. Many people have tried that.

And look what we're getting now.

LOOK WITH YOUR EYES. More RNG, More and more RNG, Double layers of RNG.

DE doesn't give a crap about constructive criticism, They do what they want, And what they want is to lose players apparently.

Also, Thank you for reporting me, Maybe DE-Senpai will finally notice me now. ♥

Edited by Mephiste

the schadenfreude is almost palpable in this thread.

His spawn rate is low for the same reason that the stalker's is low.

Just give it time, before you know it some hardcore Tenno will have a full Harvester entry on the Wiki so we all will know how to get this guy and the best strategy for it too.

the schadenfreude is almost palpable in this thread.

His spawn rate is low for the same reason that the stalker's is low.

Just give it time, before you know it some hardcore Tenno will have a full Harvester entry on the Wiki so we all will know how to get this guy and the best strategy for it too.

That's cool and all.

But please... STOP WITH THE RNG.

So only grineer supports find him huh? then why havent i? im a grineer support too. :P.  btw BTW again as DE said: No one is safe!

Welcome, my friend to the wonderful world of RNG. Who cares if you supported Grineer? Who cares if you fulfilled the criteria required to spawn the Harvester 10 times over? If the dice doesn't roll in your favor, WELL THAT'S TOO BAD, INSERT A FEW MORE HOURS OF YOUR LIFE AND ROLL AGAIN! 

To be able to hate on a GAME and the people who are making it (by themselves without a major publisher) and working hard everyday is beyond belief.

PFFFT, classic white knight material.

Just because it's a game, just because there are people working on it without "major backing", DOESN'T mean you're not allowed to have EXPECTATIONS in it. This is an industry, we are consumers as well as players, and as consumers we have a right to have EXPECTATIONS in product quality. When these expectations are not met, we have the right to be DISSATISFIED.

The fact that a dissatisfied customer would take the time to even give criticism and tell the producer what they think is wrong, instead of just silently leaving without saying a word so that the producers will never get the chance to improve, proves that said customer actually CARES about said product, regardless how well said criticism was phrased.

Not everyone has the ability to weave words into beautiful poetry. Some people are more crude, yet that doesn't mean their criticism is automatically invalid because of it. Just because someone can't make criticism sound soft and pleasing doesn't mean they should STFU, as you apparently imply.

Fact is, just because someone made a product, in this case a game, doesn't mean everyone is obligated to love and respect it. Just because criticism is crude doesn't mean it's invalid.

"Good day" to you too.

That's cool and all.

But please... STOP WITH THE RNG.

Dev team and Rebecca have all but stated in the forums that it will never go away.

Ever

ALL videogames have a RNG element, a game's challenge is to find a balance between the grind and gameplay, OR have enough content to make players not notice the RNG

The game is still in beta, the dev team has several things to balance.

At any rate, the RNG will still be around forever.

On the Brightside, you now have a %.05 chance to finally craft a Detron.

Dev team and Rebecca have all but stated in the forums that it will never go away.

Ever

ALL videogames have a RNG element, a game's challenge is to find a balance between the grind and gameplay, OR have enough content to make players not notice the RNG

The game is still in beta, the dev team has several things to balance.

At any rate, the RNG will still be around forever.

On the Brightside, you now have a %.05 chance to finally craft a Detron.

Having RNG is one thing

BUILDING YOUR GAME AROUND IT IS ANOTHER.

DE Needs to stop with the RNG now, It's enough, No more.

bro... do you even videogame?

Nah, there is NO RNG in any videogames but the warframe rewards system. Nowhere. Nohow. Never.

At least, that is what people think.

Weapons hits have no RNG. Melee hits have no RNG. Enemy fire has no RNG. Jumping has no RNG. Wallrunning has no RNG. Enemy AI has no RNG. Enemy sight range has no RNG.

If we do not SEE IT, it doesn't exist.

So... air and gravity don't exist either. Don't even get me started on why planes fly...

Edited by Kalenath

I just wanted to say that this kind of stuff isn't fun.

It's frustrating, Long, And excrutiatingly boring.

Sure, You'll get it EVENTUALLY. But by then, You won't even want it anymore, Just like when I got Dread/Despair/Hate. I didn't even care anymore at that point.

Please stop making those kind of thick, pathetic RNG based things, DE. It's not fun. IT ISN'T.

Yes i agree, but i dunno why they still make something like this anyways.

I guess som people can't see the tree from the forest.

I've talked with players who've been Pro-grineer in the Gradivus Dilemna event and who've met the harvester several times already while we haven't.

IF the condition to be attacked is to support Grineers in battle, would it mean that pro-G players, who got the free Brakk with a catalyst while we just got a plan now have increased chances to get the detron as well ? Talk about unfair, considering the hundreds of boring, repetitive missions we did to tip the balance the Corpus side and get that Detron... :(

If the spawn is determined by helping Grineers in conflicts, then doesn't that give Grineers a HUGE dose of favoritism over Corpus for those conflict missions?

I doubt it's based on that else there would be no point whatsoever to even side with the Corpus; besides, as stated in the poem, "No one is safe from the Harvester"

Edited by Wiegraf

Nah, there is NO RNG in any videogames but the warframe rewards system. Nowhere. Nohow. Never.

At least, that is what people think.

Weapons hits have no RNG. Melee hits have no RNG. Enemy fire has no RNG. Jumping has no RNG. Wallrunning has no RNG. Enemy AI has no RNG. Enemy sight range has no RNG.

If we do not SEE IT, it doesn't exist.

So... air and gravity don't exist either. Don't even get me started on why planes fly...

fistbump.png

Magic, my friend.

crap, so all they need to focus on is Void Drop tables and the game is perfect?

this is the best news ive heard yet!

Edited by ensignvidiot

Ok, no need to be hostile they are just people slightly different.

I want to know why they did not put thing in game so you can buy it for Platinum.

Possibly OP weapons for Platinum? The day DE makes that is the day Warframe becomes P2W, The day Warframe dies.

I'm trying to breathe, But I'm running out of air

RNG is a pillow that is slowly choking Warframe and the players to death.

see, this is what bothers me a lot.

compare warframe to most free to play games.

in other games, it takes forever to grind for a weapon or a new character.

warframe? it takes maybe 1 hour to grind the componets. then wait 12 or 24 hours for it to be done.

it´s still less that almost all free-to-play games.

and you don´t need the detron to enjoy the game. itñs the same as the glaive crisis. people whine until they get it, and when they do, everyone forgets about it because it was weak.

Ok, no need to be hostile they are just people slightly different.

I want to know why they did not put thing in game so you can buy it for Platinum.

Because they like to troll their players far more than they actually want to do business.

Look at those market prices. Even PLAYERS has been giving constructive criticism over those rediculous prices for ages. We've been trying to HELP DE TAKE MONEY FROM US! And yet they STILL don't listen! It's like they don't even WANT our money!

see, this is what bothers me a lot.

compare warframe to most free to play games.

in other games, it takes forever to grind for a weapon or a new character.

warframe? it takes maybe 1 hour to grind the componets. then wait 12 or 24 hours for it to be done.

it´s still less that almost all free-to-play games.

and you don´t need the detron to enjoy the game. itñs the same as the glaive crisis. people whine until they get it, and when they do, everyone forgets about it because it was weak.

I agree. I don't need the Detron, I really don't.

However.

I ran 100 Corpus missions during the Gradivus event, I deserve one, Much like alot of people who supported the Corpus.