Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Charger Damage

drMightyPotato

Im just gonna ask this here cause i have NO idea where to put this question.

You see lately ive been in ODS alot and have noticed that when chargers attack me (and after i killed them) that my health dropped. After a few times it started to quite annoy me and have, on certain occasions, even let a few chargers attack me.

Any way, long story short, at first i tought they went trough my shield first so fast that i didnt notice it, but as it turns out they, infact, DO go trough the shield directly for health at the first strike.

Now my question is, is this for real, or am i the only one with that problem?

I understand that some enemies deal damage with enough force to make shields obsolete but this flat out killed me several times when i was at low hp.

Chargers hit like a truck, plain and simple.  They don't ignore shields; they shred them in a single strike while their second swing tears through your exposed, squishy frame.

I think it's fine, since they're really easy to avoid.  You should really only get hit by them if you screw up, or a couple of Ancients are playing ping-pong with your body.

But you see that is the problem. My shields are ALWAYS intact yet my health drops. Otherwise i would like explanation on how my shields reset within one strike?

I mean they hit me once and my health drops by 50hp at lvl 25 (ODS) and my shields are full. FULL! Only and only at their second attack do my shields drop.

But you see that is the problem. My shields are ALWAYS intact yet my health drops. Otherwise i would like explanation on how my shields reset within one strike?

I mean they hit me once and my health drops by 50hp at lvl 25 (ODS) and my shields are full. FULL! Only and only at their second attack do my shields drop.

Does your Sentinel have Guardian equipped? That would explain your shield appearing to stay at full, as it restores shields pretty much instantly. If it isn't that, then I have no clue what is going on.

Does your Sentinel have Guardian equipped? That would explain your shield appearing to stay at full, as it restores shields pretty much instantly. If it isn't that, then I have no clue what is going on.

That is the thing about it. There is a effect when sentinel restores shields, but there isn't any. T_T

It's either what Evex_Wolfwing mentioned - Guardian's instant shield restore, or Slash damage's proc. It's possible that the Chargers' attacks proc for Slash damage, causing like 40% of the attack's damage to be dealt right through shields.

It's either what Evex_Wolfwing mentioned - Guardian's instant shield restore, or Slash damage's proc. It's possible that the Chargers' attacks proc for Slash damage, causing like 40% of the attack's damage to be dealt right through shields.

nope no bleed, there is at least a indicator when i bleed

I have had this issue myself and asked about it on the forums before. Sadly it seems the topic has been deleted and my post is therefore gone.