Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Make Supra Come Out Of Its Cocoon And Let It Be The Gun It Deserves To Be!

Detheroc

Hello everyone,

So this is what i came up with as i walked my dog: The Supra is fine in attack stats, i dont even mind the travel speed (maybe buff it a bit), but what it REALLY blocks away from being the gun it was designed for (going full retard and spray everything you have into the enemies faces) is the magazine and the $&*&*#(%& high reload speed. So my 2 suggestions:

1: Remove the magazine entirely and let it feed directly from your full ammo pool (make it 630 to compensate for the lost 90 rounds in the magazine).

2: OR give it an overheat function. For example, in Sanctum (made by Coffee Stain Studios) you have the Assault Rifle, which overheats as you fire. If you stop firing, it will cool down automatically, BUT if you fire until the overheat reached 100%, the gun has to be cooled down manually (which would be similar to a reload).

This gun really deserves some love. And i dont just say that because i waited 4 1/2 days for it to finish. I LOVE this gun. The sound is really great and sounds very awesome if at full speed (not like the jackhammer Soma). Also i enjoy the vision of shooting a curtain of bullets at a horde of enemies and watch as they die one by one.

TL;DR: Either let Supra feed directly from the full ammo pool or give it an overheat function.

Oh, and please dont read this post with an angry voice in your head. This is purely a feedback and suggestion thread.

Thoughts?

Uh you think about the Supra when you walk your dog? Obsessed much? jk.

How exactly would it make the gun it deserves to be? I'd be happy with actual bullet velocity and changes to damage type. Those two changes would make it a much more viable gun.

Oh, and please dont read this post with an angry voice in your head. This is purely a feedback and suggestion thread.

Thoughts?

it's sort of hard to do that when you used the word "retard" in the first paragraph twice.

and my thought, if you need a magazine larger than 90 to "spray everywhere" then you'll be running out of ammo in the first 5min of a mission anyway.

Uh you think about the Supra when you walk your dog? Obsessed much? jk.

How exactly would it make the gun it deserves to be? I'd be happy with actual bullet velocity and changes to damage type. Those two changes would make it a much more viable gun.

1. Walking my dog is pretty boring cause she doesnt want to play :D So i think alot on those walks, but not only about Warframe ;)

2. But then it would be the stereotypical gun.... more variety for our weapons man!

Edited by Detheroc

Honestly, what I want is it to be better than Soma.

You need a potato and a few formas for Supra to be worth the extremely high cost.

My Supra had to be rank 23 before even thinking about Pluto.

My Soma just had to be rank 6 before I put some mods on to take on the boss with ease.

it's sort of hard to do that when you used the word "retard" in the first paragraph twice.

and my thought, if you need a magazine larger than 90 to "spray everywhere" then you'll be running out of ammo in the first 5min of a mission anyway.

Rifle ammo mutation. 

I never ran out of ammo for any weapon unless you are fond of shooting rocks during the time between.

1. Im sorry, Full Berserk and EXTREME high reload speed.

2. I hate the fact that i have to find a save corner to reload because i dont want to get killed while i do so. Also, Ammo Mutation.

as for rifle mutator mods, they give you 10 ammo per pickup (5 for pistol drop) all for 7 mod points. and if you are really spraying everywhere (full berserk) you'll be spending more than 10 ammo per enemy.

Different people, different definitions of full berserk. All im sayin.

• 4 weeks later...

as for rifle mutator mods, they give you 10 ammo per pickup (5 for pistol drop) all for 7 mod points. and if you are really spraying everywhere (full berserk) you'll be spending more than 10 ammo per enemy.

If you play with others, then they'll kill some

and also secondary/melee on smaller groups of enemies

• 4 weeks later...

I like the ideas, though no point in an overheat function unless you scrap the magazine and feed direct from ammo pool. It also fits the lore as it is an energy based weapon, so it just has a big &#! battery in it.

I like this idea. Supra was my main gun for defense missions, until last week I discovered three Gorgon BP in my inventory - now I actually like Gorgon better of those two. Their stats are almost identical (Gorgon is slightly better when it comes to crit and status chance, but those numbers are still so small that it doesn't really matter), Supra looks a bit better, but Gorgon has the better sound. And then Supra has the problem, that you need to feed it a catalyst and at least three Forma to get a decent weapon. Reworking it in the proposed way would make it a different, but in my opinion much better weapon.

Overheat function

Buff projectile speed

Make more accurate over distance

Give tiny AOE plasma arc effects on contact

I agree completely.  As much as I want to love my Supra, it pretty much defies logic to use it in place of most other weapons, especially the Soma or Gorgon.

The Soma, for some unfathomable reason, lands mostly high modifier critical hits with the accuracy of non-machine gun weapons, and does it with hit scan to boot.

The Gorgon rips out a damage type that isn't quite on par with the Supra, perhaps(though I actually like impact procs, personally, as a mini-CC function while killing a heavy), but also does it hit scan.  Its overall damage isn't a function of crit or proc, though, it has a relatively high per-hit number.

The Supra, despite its rather incredible cost, follows the same design as the Gorgon except being primarily puncture instead of impact.  Problem is, though, that it does this with projectiles that a rushing Loki can outrun which all but guarantees a much higher ammo usage and much lower damage over time as so many shots are wasted.  

Frankly, in most ways my Dual Cestra are the gun I want my Supra to be.  Higher rate of fire, higher magazine size, better accuracy(with steady hands installed, I flail on the floor spinning circles while emptying the clip into the ceiling from the recoil without it:P  Supra doesn't benefit as greatly from a recoil reduction), and most of all much faster projectile speed which means my shots actually tend to be in my target instead of simply being an ammo consuming wave inching across a hallway.

lets imagine the corpus tech spitting endless bolts at you through a belt fed gun that never stops has faster travel bolts that do more damage.

The reason a lot of the enemy tech guns have weaknesses is so players do not get pwnd by the bots.

They would have to make different mechanics for the teno versions of weapons to stop the guns becoming another pain like the ogris and the mitre

lets imagine the corpus tech spitting endless bolts at you through a belt fed gun that never stops has faster travel bolts that do more damage.

The reason a lot of the enemy tech guns have weaknesses is so players do not get pwnd by the bots.

They would have to make different mechanics for the teno versions of weapons to stop the guns becoming another pain like the ogris and the mitre

If I'm not mistaken, all enemies have a statistically different version of the weapons available to the player.

They are all modified. Flux rifle description: Laser rifle with Corpus safe-guards removed. Wyrms laser rifle: A laser rifle developed by reverse-engineering Corpus technology" The Ogris of Grineer has a faster projectile but isnt homing.

Edited by Detheroc

They are essentially the same in terms of mechanics with tiny tweaks, the flux only cuts off sooner, the wyrm rifle does not count at all as the corpus do not have it.

when they change things too much it becomes a new weapon like the snipetron became lanka.

Gorgon has the same weaknesses of spool up and inaccuracy as the Gorgon of the heavy gunner, supra the same slow bolts and long reload as the tech, flux rifle has the same limited distance, the karak has the same small mag and lots of reloading.

The changes asked for in this thread would make the supra into an entirely different weapon

Edited by Kyphe

The only thing i would change from Supra would be the projectile speed and it is accuracy maybe even faster reload at 3? Regardless i really like that weapon and i am going to 5 forma it because my Gorgon is also 5 forma and  needs a friend . Damage wise Supra may not as powerful as Soma  however  it is very high tier also 

They are essentially the same in terms of mechanics with tiny tweaks, the flux only cuts off sooner, the wyrm rifle does not count at all as the corpus do not have it.

when they change things too much it becomes a new weapon like the snipetron became lanka.

Gorgon has the same weaknesses of spool up and inaccuracy as the Gorgon of the heavy gunner, supra the same slow bolts and long reload as the tech, flux rifle has the same limited distance, the karak has the same small mag and lots of reloading.

The changes asked for in this thread would make the supra into an entirely different weapon

So you want the Supra to not get a buff eh? Cause making the projectile speed faster would make it different from the Corpus version aswell. You think Supra is fine? OK, then go leave the thread.

Also, Snipetron =/= Lanka. They removed the Snipetron cause it didnt fit in the lore as no other corpus weapon fires bullets, but they didnt change the weapon into Lanka. Snipetron still exists.

Edited by Detheroc

So you want the Supra to not get a buff eh? Cause making the projectile speed faster would make it different from the Corpus version aswell. You think Supra is fine? OK, then go leave the thread.

Also, Snipetron =/= Lanka. They removed the Snipetron cause it didnt fit in the lore as no other corpus weapon fires bullets, but they didnt change the weapon into Lanka. Snipetron still exists.

Snipetron was a place holder which was changed to the lanka using the same model, and the snipetron was removed completely at that point, that's why they gave me a snipe vandal btw. they finally allowed it back in the drop and login awards but it has no place in the lore of the game.

oh and by the way don't ever tell me to leave a thread you presumptuous little muppet lol.

I never mentioned whether the supra needed a buff or not I simply commented on that any buff in the mechanics you propose will effect the tech version of the gun and you may not like that.

Edited by Kyphe