Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Mission Idea: Terrorism

spysweeper242

I came up with a idea for a mission. Here is how it works: You will enter a mission and see lots of civilians. You must sabotage the act by the terrorist A.K.A grineer/corpus. This requires 3 steps: the 1st is to locate the bomb by breaking into there Arrival shuttle and hack the information from it. Then you must find the 3 bombs and defuse them by using a fairly similar minigame to hacking. It is timed for 5-3 minutes. If a bomb explodes the mission fails. Ounce you have disarmed them you must kill the terrorist(s) this is optional but you get rewarded more for it. So do you think this would be a good mission type for warframe? Constructive critisism valued.

Define "Civilians". The game has built itself as 3 main factions. Corpus, Grineer and Infested. There are no civilians, only warships of these factions. The only way I see this fitting into the theme of the game is if you help a faction against terrorism by another faction. But then again, why should we... (Lore perspective.)

Eh, Warframe is not CS:GO.

And I loathe instant mission failure mechanics. They are so incredibly lame when they happen. Mission Failure because you got overpowered and killed, that's fine.

Mission Failure because that ONE mob broke through and shot the piece of cardboard a couple times is the most lame way to blow 30min of your time and gain absolutely nothing out of it is NOT fine.

Adding a new mission type where there's auto-fail mechanics is a huge NO from me. I don't want people getting disconnected or what-have-you, or lag, or trolls or whatever else causing mission failures because the bombs went off.

No Thanks.

Define "Civilians". The game has built itself as 3 main factions. Corpus, Grineer and Infested. There are no civilians, only warships of these factions. The only way I see this fitting into the theme of the game is if you help a faction against terrorism by another faction. But then again, why should we... (Lore perspective.)

The Grineer Empire is oppressing tons of relatively "normal" individuals, using them for slave labor. The Corpus depend on the soul-sucking labor of corporate drones (the folks you see are not the ones who perform data entry, for example).

This is confirmed lore (don't have sources on hand, if you'd like I can go and dig them up) so it's safe to say that (sensibly) the Warframe universe has non-combatants (the military definition of civilians).

Further confirmation: Rescue Targets are not geared for battle and do not attempt to engage enemies (despite being armed with a pistol). They're called "Tenno sympathizers," not simply "Tenno." "Sympathizer" strongly implies that they are "part of" the Grineer or Corpus factions, that they are civilian non-combatants of some sort, and that they are being incarcerated as political prisoners (think: WW2 Japanese internment camps) due to "un-Grineer/un-Corpus" values/sympathies/actions.

there are civilians, do you think that all the population is in the grineer army ? No, the grineer/corpus rule the solar system, and it's civilians

But seriously, why should they be enough stupid for place bombs wich could kill their own population ?

Devs did confirm that there are normal 'humans', and those people are whom the tenno are trying to protect.

However, for the terrorism idea....I dont get why grineer or corpus would use terrorism on civilians. Afaik, all grineer undergo combat training as they grow, so only the slaves would be grineer 'civilians'.....

But seriously, why should they be enough stupid for place bombs wich could kill their own population ?

I'm sure there's a nice Orwell quote that would cover this, but I don't think you understand their motives. A government would place bombs in populated areas, detonate them, kill a few very replaceable civilians, and blame it on the Tenno? Sudden support for the violent, lying government against their enemy. It's not "stupid", it's a cruel, manipulative tactic.

I'm sure there's a nice Orwell quote that would cover this, but I don't think you understand their motives. A government would place bombs in populated areas, detonate them, kill a few very replaceable civilians, and blame it on the Tenno? Sudden support for the violent, lying government against their enemy. It's not "stupid", it's a cruel, manipulative tactic.

1984 :) I love this book. You got me xD, this is a good reason.

But seriously,why would they be stupid to place bombs wich could kill their own population?

They take the aliens who are no grineer and don't work for corpus and destroy them for not joining them(corpus) or they are not grineer.

We already have instant failure missions, like defense,mobile defense and capture. 

Edit:Also for Exos reason

Edited by spysweeper242

They take the aliens who are no grineer and don't work for corpus and destroy them for not joining them(corpus) or they are not grineer.

We already have instant failure missions, like defense,mobile defense and capture. 

Edit:Also for Exos reason

I dont think that person likes those type of missions as well, judging from the post.

Wait one thing i dont understand.....in that case, why are we stopping the bomb? Grineers killing grineers....why stop it? And how do we know about this terrorism plan in advance?

I would like more missions where we get personal with the enemy factions and start trying to save/liberate their "civilians" from them, but I don't like the way this mission design is made. Terrorism tactics like this are for raging idealists with no power to use for direct confrontations, not for genocidal armies or corrupt megacorporations.

So this could theoretically work with that space pirate faction if this was their way of drawing attention while others of their kind raid areas left unprotected by the security forces responding to the bomb threats, but I personally still don't like it.

I came up with a idea for a mission. Here is how it works: You will enter a mission and see lots of civilians. You must sabotage the act by the terrorist A.K.A grineer/corpus. This requires 3 steps: the 1st is to locate the bomb by breaking into there Arrival shuttle and hack the information from it. Then you must find the 3 bombs and defuse them by using a fairly similar minigame to hacking. It is timed for 5-3 minutes. If a bomb explodes the mission fails. Ounce you have disarmed them you must kill the terrorist(s) this is optional but you get rewarded more for it. So do you think this would be a good mission type for warframe? Constructive critisism valued.

I like this idea. As long as it is just a new mission type, not replacing an old one. I can understand the qualms with a mission like this, lag and so on, but lag is not something that a game should be built around or hindered by (at least in the creative department). Timing would have to be relative to the map size and/or the enemy type in question (those that are harder to kill/take more time to kill, like corpus/grineer would warrant additional time). Tiered rewards could be a good idea too. So if you stop all 3 bombs, you get a higher reward. Depending on the board, for instance, on a small ship in space... then all bombs must be stopped in order to complete the mission/not die. Some levels can be Tenno Bases/Installments/ships under attack (like a reverse defense mission. The players would be attacking the enemies who are guarding their bombs as the rest of the enemy forces are retreating). If there are any factions friendly w/ the Tenno (temporarily aligned or not), they can have research facilities filled w/ scientists and/or new prototypes worth saving. Another scenario could be stopping enemy factions from destroying/crippling transport/cargo/prison ships. 

Depending on how deep into the idea you want to go, there can be different applications to how individual warframe powers can effect the mission. For instance, Frost could snow globe a bomb and shield the area from the blast and save the day. Or Volt could use his overload ability to short a section of the ship/the bomb itself and stop the signal from getting through, etc.

Edited by (PS4)GR13V4NC3