Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Enemy Ideas

spysweeper242

I thought of these while im sick(still sick):

Undead: A very gore inhabiting, infested, standing charger. Varies in color form the spectrum of white to black.

Health:300

Armor:0

Unlike normal infested there invincible to bullets. There are 2 methods to get rid of them: one is to shoot them in the head, the other is to use melee on it. It is very very slow but deals high damage. It has a smash attack which will stun you like rhinos stomp.

Kodiga: A broken infested Moa that has multicolored spores on it similar to J3-golem.

Health:200

Shields:300

This infested has all 4 abilities of each moa, including the kick melee attack. They are also remarkably faster then a runner.

These are supposedly reanimated version of the corpus uni-moa prototypes. Its turret shoots stug like shots. Kodiga is Latvian for Corrosive.

Tengu: A small quad infested dragon. Varies in colors from red to yellow.

Health:400

This infested is remarkably faster then a charger. It also has 2 abilities: one is death breath, it shoots a fireball of Viral damage. Fly Dash allows him to move remarkably fast with slight flying capabilities. Tengu as the name of a made up monster orginated in china.

Corpus architect: A purple corpus crewman who is rarely found fixing cracks with a spectra and hammer.

Health:100

Shields:400

These will either flee or hide and shoot you with a spectra when they spot you. These are just corpus mechanics, not soldiers.

Quick review:

First of all, there really isn't much of a point to putting down HP / shield values for the enemies, since there's such high level of variability for them. Unless the values you propose are their base health, in which case you should specify that.

Undead:

I'm not too sure how you would make them immune to only bullets to the body, but not other damage, especially with how damage works. Warframe doesn't technically use bullets, and even then not all of the "bullets" are the same. What is the reasoning behind bullets not working at all, but melee weapons have an effect? It doesn't really make sense when you take time to think about it. If you want that to be the case, there needs to be some kind of logic behind it. Like maybe the creature generates some form of biological electromagnetic field, which deflects and diverts projectiles but can't stop melee strikes. Even then there'd be a question of why it can be killed by a shot to the head but not a shot to the body. Better to make them completely immune to projectiles in general, I think.

Kodiga:

I like the name trivia, but I worry that a Moa with all the abilities would be too confusing, especially in large numbers. It would also lose a bit of its identity, since its only actual ability would be the stug shots. Better to give it a single unique ability, perhaps a high speed ramming attack that delivers knockdown and / or causes all of its spores to burst into a poison cloud, than to have it just borrowing the abilities of its cousins. The ability of the enemy is the key to its identity as an individual unit.

Tengu:

Not really too much to say about the abilities. But I do have an issue with this creature coming in two different colors.

See, when it comes to games that deal with swarming enemies like the infested, players need to be able to read information at a glance. With one quick look they need to be able to identify the enemy approaching them, so that they can quickly respond in the appropriate manner. If we see orange, we know it's a Runner. If we see blue, we know it's a Charger. If we see red, we know it's a Disruptor. Players have also been taught by videogames that if they see an enemy of a different color, then it will have different abilities from any enemy with a similar shape (Evidence for this case can be the Runner and the Leaper, where the presence of bright orange immediately alerts us to the capability of the enemy). That being said, you need to give this enemy just one color. If the enemy comes in two different color varieties without any discernible difference, then it is going to cause confusion for the players who have been trained to believe that the differently colored enemy will have a different ability or behavior. I suggest using yellow, since it is the only color still unused by the infested.

Corpus Architect:

Just a bit on the importance of naming. An architect is a person trained and licensed to plan, design and oversee the construction of a building. What you are describing is more along the lines of a mechanic. It doesn't have too much of an impact on base gameplay, but some level of cohesion needs to be present between enemy names and duties in order to maintain immersion. It also makes more sense for a mechanic to be on a spaceship than an architect.

Edited by TheThreadWeaver

Quick review:

First of all, there really isn't much of a point to putting down HP / shield values for the enemies, since there's such high level of variability for them. Unless the values you propose are their base health, in which case you should specify that.

Undead:

I'm not too sure how you would make them immune to only bullets to the body, but not other damage, especially with how damage works. Warframe doesn't technically use bullets, and even then not all of the "bullets" are the same. What is the reasoning behind bullets not working at all, but melee weapons have an effect? It doesn't really make sense when you take time to think about it. If you want that to be the case, there needs to be some kind of logic behind it. Like maybe the creature generates some form of biological electromagnetic field, which deflects and diverts projectiles but can't stop melee strikes. Even then there'd be a question of why it can be killed by a shot to the head but not a shot to the body. Better to make them completely immune to projectiles in general, I think.

Kodiga:

I like the name trivia, but I worry that a Moa with all the abilities would be too confusing, especially in large numbers. It would also lose a bit of its identity, since its only actual ability would be the stug shots. Better to give it a single unique ability, perhaps a high speed ramming attack that delivers knockdown and / or causes all of its spores to burst into a poison cloud, than to have it just borrowing the abilities of its cousins. The ability of the enemy is the key to its identity as an individual unit.

Tengu:

Not really too much to say about the abilities. But I do have an issue with this creature coming in two different colors.

See, when it comes to games that deal with swarming enemies like the infested, players need to be able to read information at a glance. With one quick look they need to be able to identify the enemy approaching them, so that they can quickly respond in the appropriate manner. If we see orange, we know it's a Runner. If we see blue, we know it's a Charger. If we see red, we know it's a Disruptor. Players have also been taught by videogames that if they see an enemy of a different color, then it will have different abilities from any enemy with a similar shape (Evidence for this case can be the Runner and the Leaper, where the presence of bright orange immediately alerts us to the capability of the enemy). That being said, you need to give this enemy just one color. If the enemy comes in two different color varieties without any discernible difference, then it is going to cause confusion for the players who have been trained to believe that the differently colored enemy will have a different ability or behavior. I suggest using yellow, since it is the only color still unused by the infested.

Corpus Architect:

Just a bit on the importance of naming. An architect is a person trained and licensed to plan, design and oversee the construction of a building. What you are describing is more along the lines of a mechanic. It doesn't have too much of an impact on base gameplay, but some level of cohesion needs to be present between enemy names and duties in order to maintain immersion. It also makes more sense for a mechanic to be on a spaceship than an architect.

i dunno, who says that the game designers need to make it easy on us?i happen to like the idea of seeing an enemy and not knowing which one it is. Will it shoot fire, or will it melee attack me, who cares, fill it with holes lol. the idea of not knowing what is about to happen cold give warframe a bit of a bigger edge in combat, as you'd have to think more carefully when engaging enemies. I'd like to see a type of enemy, that absorbs energy specific rounds. Dera, the beam lasers etc. A simple energy converter matrix of some sort, a high tech lightning rod kinda deal?

Kodiga: A broken infested Moa that has multicolored spores on it similar to J3-golem.

Health:200

Shields:300

This infested has all 4 abilities of each moa, including the kick melee attack. They are also remarkably faster then a runner.

These are supposedly reanimated version of the corpus uni-moa prototypes. Its turret shoots stug like shots. Kodiga is Latvian for Corrosive.

Kodiga, I like this idea. I've always wanted to see an infested MOA and giving them the ability to shoot stug modes really gives it a challenge. As tough as a horde of anti-moas.