Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Charge Your Penta!

Otaiken

Greetings and salutations noble people of Warframe.

I present to you idea I had for Penta. It's not useful, it won't make it OP, but it would certainly make it at least 50% cooler. Maybe someone came up with this before (surely someone must've), but in that case I've missed it.. anyway

Give Penta additional feature: Click left mouse button and Penta fires a grenade just like now, but if you hold left mouse button Penta loads another grenade, then release left mouse button:

Multiple grenades!

I'll let you drink in awesomeness of that image for a while.........

Done? Great, let's get into the mechanics of it:

Max amount of grenades you could load this way would be 2.. or even 3.. it's not like it isn't subject to change. The important part is that Multishot would work with this: IT'S RAINING GRENADES. And that's why less is probably more.. unless you mod for it (for now multishot is kinda optional on Penta, which is good).

Grenades would follow random cone of fire, so they would disperse a bit to cover a greater area.

The charging time would be roughly equal to the amount of time it takes to fire two grenades with the default firerate. This is so this won't be blatantly better for DPS, just an option, This time won't be affected by firerate mods. It should also come with satisfying *click* sound <- this is VERY important.

And that's about it. Unless DE is saving this feature for some other weapon. Also, I realize this is very similar to the way certain weapon in certain different game series works. But DE is certainly willing to borrow some thing here and there.

TL;DR.. Hold left mouse button with Penta -> release -> MOAR GRENADES

Don't judge me, it's late.

Edited by LocoWithGun

Why shoot 2 grenades when you can kill with one?

Also, Split Chamber does exactly that with a tap.

They would not hit the same spot (so more AoE). Also, more grenades... also, did you miss the part about more grenades?

Split Chamber makes the grenade follow the first pretty closely. Also, with this you could have 4 grenades at once... common man 4 grenades!

Edited by LocoWithGun

Why use 4 though? 1 grenade does the trick for me. Any more is just a waste of ammo, although I have 500 more. Oh what the hell, MOAR nades!!!

Well, the beauty of this is that you won't have to use it. The DPS is the same (and even worse if you choose to use firerate) and so this is more of an tactical choice.. "Do I need more AoE and/or more burst damage." as opposed to being superior firemode.

Edited by LocoWithGun

Don't really like this idea because of the charging aspect. Would have a charge bar flashing every time I fired.

Though the idea of grenade rain sounds kinda cool.

How about this? An alt fire mode:

Alt fire doesn't exist yet (not in the way I am proposing), but if it did, you could hit an alt fire button to immediately purge the entire magazine (make it cost 5 rounds) and fire 5 scattered grenades with significant spread that explode on impact instead of when detonated.

Each grenade would do a fraction of what it would do normally (maybe have all 5 add up to the total damage of one grenade), plus you would have to reload after every use. Don't think it would be too OP, and I definitely like it better than having to deal with a stupid charge bar when you only want to single fire; I hate the stug for exactly that reason.

Don't really like this idea because of the charging aspect. Would have a charge bar flashing every time I fired.

Though the idea of grenade rain sounds kinda cool.

How about this? An alt fire mode:

Alt fire doesn't exist yet (not in the way I am proposing), but if it did, you could hit an alt fire button to immediately purge the entire magazine (make it cost 5 rounds) and fire 5 scattered grenades with significant spread that explode on impact instead of when detonated.

Each grenade would do a fraction of what it would do normally (maybe have all 5 add up to the total damage of one grenade), plus you would have to reload after every use. Don't think it would be too OP, and I definitely like it better than having to deal with a stupid charge bar when you only want to single fire; I hate the stug for exactly that reason.

The single fire would still exist, you could just hold the button for one more grenade. If it was instant it would be blatantly superior to just using single fire, which I'm trying to avoid.

It's an interesting idea. Yes the Penta usually kills in one shot, but the idea is to give it more of a bigger coverage.

I say I like the idea of this charge mechanic, sounds fun and more risky considering the chances of a bounce back is greater because of this hehe...

Maybe when you charge it it'll take 1 sec to "Load" an extra grenade to be fired.

So to shoot 5 at once (No multishot) it'll be 4 sec charge time, and with multishot 2 second charge time since that technically fires 2 at a time.