The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Sidearm Should I Choose?

OnionOfShame

Hello. I want to get a single-shot pistol, but I can't choose which one. The Competition is currently between Lex, Magnus, and Vasto, and their Akimbo variants (if applicable). I am leaning towards one of the first two. Which ones are best for what and why? Which one should I get and why? Thanks!

You should also consider the stug, it shoots really fast and deals a ton of damage, mine is potatoed (but not fully modded) and it's dealing more than 3k per shot. As a bonus you can even charge 6 shots into one for an even bigger punch.

Imo it's the best single target secondary atm and it does a good job on crowds too thanks to a small AoE. The only problem is the traveltime and range, but I think it's worth it.

Moreover, corrosive damage is quite good and versatile, with extra damage against most grineer, ancient toxic and ancient disruptors, with the only negative multiplier on the corpus tech shields and boss shields, so you can basically take it to any non-boss fight.

Edited by CubedOobleck

So, so far, the most common choice seems to be the Vasto, for its firing speed and appearance. But doesn't the Magnus have a higher fire rate, as well as superior crit chance/damage, status chance, and magazine size? Also, IMO the Magnus looks a bit more badass than the Vasto.

And as a side note: Do mods that increase fire rate also effect semi-automatic weapons?

I've been greatly enjoying my Aklex set. Range, power, accuracy, and even speed (sure, it's not assault rifle fast, but when you are firing a weapon like this, you need only enough fire rate to have another shot ready by time you've moved from the last exploding head to the next one). It's just a lovely little toy.

Because I can only use one at a time, and prefer to use one weapon/mod configuration for every mission.

You are going to have a bad time then and have to try a lot harder then someone who actually mods the weapons for his enemies.

I'm going to be "that guy" and recommend the Seer. Nice accuracy. A higher base damage than a Lex shot, making it better for elementals. And the damage is evenly distributed, making it good against all factions. If you counteract things like it's reload speed and fire-rate (which still isn't too bad, mind you), it becomes a reliable side-arm for a long time.

Time to throw everyone for a loop:

Seer.

Best single shot pistol in the game currently.

Weaknesses? Gotta learn how to lead your target, Slow reload time.

Pros? Most damage per shot, shoots faster than the Lexs, balanced damage triangle for customization.

Seer - The secretly awesome pistol.