Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Playing Warframe Is Boring.

Noabettiet

Been here since closed beta, and this is the first time I heard the word "Boring"

That means you are easy to entertain :)

Lucky you :P

Yeah, it's boring. Lately i don't even bother doing alerts.

Hunting 100 enemies on a huge map, back and forth... 5 times, is not funny. Not to say that players are racing against each other in order to make a kill.

The maps are modular. And the modules change every time. But what good is that if the main objective is the same ?

It's repetitive and boring. Lately they have messed up the Void rewards table.. so they took away my last reason to play :)

Edited by mkoo33

Luckily, it's a Free To Play style game.  Sure, you may or may not have invested money already.  But your account isn't going anywhere.  Take a break!  They made a reference to Melee 2.0 being "probably ready" by the end of February (most recent livestream.  #22?)  Check back in when it's back, just to see what's new.

I'll agree that it isn't perfect.  It does seem they have a goal in mind, and we all want it now.  Stealth.  Endgame.  Lore.  Furthering content.  Listening to the actual devs; they made a comment that these are all goals for 2014. 

Considering that Mod 2.0 was a significant improvement (IMO) from the original "Circuit System" leveling with mod slots, damage 2.0 just changed the idea of rainbow builds, and bosses are getting actual "concepts" rather than just "It's a different Grineer with a better shotgun," I personally feel like they make some strides.

Personally, I've taken one break.  I remember when talk of a Anti-Matter frame was coming out, but I had burned out by then.  Came back around 11.5 update.  Found myself enjoying it again. 

Not saying any of your points are invalid.  Just giving an idea.  If you were truly 100% checked out of Warframe, I don't think you would have posted.

Luckily, it's a Free To Play style game.  Sure, you may or may not have invested money already.  But your account isn't going anywhere.  Take a break!  They made a reference to Melee 2.0 being "probably ready" by the end of February (most recent livestream.  #22?)  Check back in when it's back, just to see what's new.

I'll agree that it isn't perfect.  It does seem they have a goal in mind, and we all want it now.  Stealth.  Endgame.  Lore.  Furthering content.  Listening to the actual devs; they made a comment that these are all goals for 2014. 

Considering that Mod 2.0 was a significant improvement (IMO) from the original "Circuit System" leveling with mod slots, damage 2.0 just changed the idea of rainbow builds, and bosses are getting actual "concepts" rather than just "It's a different Grineer with a better shotgun," I personally feel like they make some strides.

Personally, I've taken one break.  I remember when talk of a Anti-Matter frame was coming out, but I had burned out by then.  Came back around 11.5 update.  Found myself enjoying it again. 

Not saying any of your points are invalid.  Just giving an idea.  If you were truly 100% checked out of Warframe, I don't think you would have posted.

that's right; I came here to check on news about updates for the game and Thief, Second Son, Dark Souls 2, etc. aren't out yet.  just built two frames in Warframe in the past few days but I don't see the point in playing... yet.  we'll see.

Yup.

Deception and Spy grind my gears the most.

Those missions should be nothing but stealth, lower amount of enemies, thermal cameras, auto fail when you get seen. There are SO many mods that were designed for stealth play and they are absolutely USELESS currently.

And yeah mid boss enemies that attack you with a large group of smaller mobs would be a nice addition. Someone to keep you on your toes. Like enemies that have specific weaknesses, like a dood who will block all your projectiles, explosions and bullets and powers and the only way to take them down is to go one on one in melee, do timed blocks and slash at a specific body part to stagger them for a second and get a few hits in then they counter attack and you can block and counter attack back. Enemies that require me to press more than right click -> Left click on my Penta.

Then there's the matter of Infested and corpus. Infested are a joke. I once fell asleep while doing an endless defense on Derelict. They have no menace, are a non threat, are easily countered by STANDING ON HIGHER GROUND, are basically fish in a barrel as long as you stand on a box. And as they are the easiest faction to play against they're the best faction to level my gear with. And there's another problem. I grind my gear and frames to high levels and then what?

Corpus are just a bit more ahead of the Infested because they actually SHOOT. I don't see that many tactics other than RUSH EVERYTHING from the corpus. Of course Mags existence is a direct counter to the corpus as her shield polarize scales infinetly against Corpus shields. The Corpus also have relatively low health so they're just too easily handled by toxic.

Then there's the Grineer. They actually have synergy in their ranks. Rollers drive you out, Scorpions give time for the Napalms, heavy gunners and Eviscerators to mince you, pretty much everything causes bleed making everything a threat in large numbers. Their heavies have large health and good attacks.

How about the corrupted then? It's a jumble of the mid level enemies of all 3 factions. Weak. They need Corrupted Napalms, Scorpions pretty much every single enemy type from the game should be there. I did some T3 Survival and they could do NOTHING against a Penta, Rhino combo. NOTHING. The only reason I had to leave was because there weren't any enemies to kill and life support didn't arrive. 8 enemies per room with 2 heavies here and there. I was not challenged by the enemy, I was driven out because there were no enemies. I started a second one after that and I saw the same thing happen so I just quit so I wouldn't waste my key. (Unless it wasted it anyway.)

Give the Infested Warframes that have been infected and have dmg immunities and most if not all their abilities intact. Give Corpus the new Hyenas as basic enemies that attack with other trash mobs and mass produced Raptors. Get Ambulas in there aswell. Give the Corrupted Stalker Proxies. Just Stalkers. You spend more than 5 minutes in the void? How about some Stalkers? What 10 minutes? Now that means you really want 2 Stalkers chasing you and look at that one is immune to melee and has a Sniper rifle and the other is immune to bullets and carries a giant axe and they attack in synch protecting each other!

Make us wary our Approach to enemies, switching from melee to gunfire to AOE because the game DEMANDS IT. Keep us on our toes with powerful midbosses with the trash mobs. Make me not fall asleep in Orokin derelicts and let the ancients actually attack upwards with infinite range! There should be NO respit in a mission unless you CARVE that moment of rest.

I also have a problem with Survival, Mobile defense and Endless defense being the only worthwhile missions! The star chart is massive and yet there's only a few nodes I actually want to play.

/Rant.

Edited by Ziegrif

wow, not only people say the game is boring, but if you say you like it, then they call you an idiot!

i LOVE these forums!

No one called you an idiot.

Like i said before.. some people are easy to entertain (laughing at Mr. Bean stupid faces) , and some are more demanding.

I would be a hypocrite to say that this is a bad game. No, is quite fun up to a certain point when you got all the weapons, all the frames.. and when  you find yourself slapped on the face with a 5.000 credits after 60 minutes of T3 survival.. you don't see the reason to continue anymore  :)

Yeah, taking a short break may be the answer... but i have a lot of free time on my hands, and i must find something to do :)

Cheers !