Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finding Out How To Spawn The Harvester

Zulaica

Question

So we've nailed down a few things about him but there is still much to know, if you have any sort of substantial evidence please post so.

Primes increase chances of finding Harvester
Being involved in the Gradivus Dillema increases the chances of spawning it (This should be self explanatory players that registered after the event are having as much luck as those who supported the Grineer or Corpus full and through during it)
Specific weapons increase chances of spawning Harvester
Planets have higher chances of spawning Harvester (As long as its a Corpus mission he can spawn)
Being in a mission from the start of it increases the chances of spawning Harvester
Low level weapons/frames increase chances of spawning Harvester (Likely has nothing to do with loadouts)
Corpus defense has highest chances of spawning Harvester (Apparently not true, he spawns on any Corpus mission after 240 seconds after spawning it seems)
Having both a Stalker mark and Harvester mark spawns the Harvester ???
Killing Alad V gives death mark to spawn Harvester ???
Other Corpus bosses besides Alad V give a death mark to spawn the Harvester ???
Nef.Anyo is a Harvester mark trigger ???
Highest chances of finding Harvester are on invasions against Corpus ✓(Confirmed on Livestream 20 that it is triggered by supporting Grineer)
You get a email in your inbox when you have a mark ✓
If you have anything you would like to add or confirm/deconfirm please feel free to post it.
TL:DR Support grineer until you get a email but be aware that the probabilities are butchered for the Harvester to appear according to the people on the Livestream
Edited by Zulaica

1,771 answers to this question

120 grineer invasion exterminates, 1st harvester spawn (dropped nothing). Since I don't normally run bosses, I know the bosses I've killed since my last stalker appearance: Alad V, Ruk, Tyl Regor, Vor, and Ambulas. Ambulas, Alad V, and Vor are listed on the wiki as not being sufficient for stalker deathmark. I only got this appearance (after about 10 runs) after scanning tyl regor and ruk. It certainly doesn't guarantee it, but this leads me to believe that what happened is that I had the harvester mark, from Alad V, Vor, or Ambulas, but didn't have the stalker mark I needed, which I got from scanning Tyl Regor and Ruk. So I'm in an interesting position now that both marks have been consumed.

First, I will get my stalker mark from Tyl Regor. So as long as I'm running the grineer invasion exterminates, I will at least be able to spawn stalker. Everything that follows hinges on the fact that Tyl Regor is not sufficient for a harvester mark, which makes sense (though logic may or may not apply and all). Then I will ONLY run Alad V. Then I will run until I get stalker or zanuka on the grineer invasions. If I get stalker, Alad V is not sufficient for harvester mark, and vice-versa. I'll post the results here as they come.

BUT I need a piece of information I'm not sure on and I hope you guys can help me; do stalker deathmarks appear 100% of the time if you kill a correct boss? If not, I need to know such that I can run each boss multiple times. If they're not 100% and I don't run Alad V enough times, the results are meaningless, as I could've gotten unlucky and not gotten a mark from Alad V.

I choose Alad V as the first boss to be subjected to this method because one of the original threads had an account of someone killing Alad V, getting harvester in a few games, killing Alad V again, and getting harvester again multiple times, with Alad V being the only boss in between appearances. Assuming the harvester mark coming from boss kills and being consumed upon the encounter is correct, it would seem that Alad V is refreshing his harvester mark. The mystery then is how he's getting a stalker deathmark since the wiki states explicitly that Alad V doesn't give stalker deathmarks.

Please help me help you and let me know how deathmarks roll, and if there's anything I'm missing. I'd like to get it cleared up before I potentially start cranking out hundreds of runs with neither deathmark.

Edited by -CM-Czarok

The following bosses do not give players death marks:

Alad V / Zanuka

Ambulas

Captain Vor

Hyena

Jackal

Kela De Thaym

Raptor

I don't get that thing you say about the wiki and Ambulas being a stalker Deathmark...

Read it wrong on the wiki - take a look at the updated post. Really need to know an estimated % chance to get a deathmark when you kill the correct boss, or if they're automatic.

Read it wrong on the wiki - take a look at the updated post. Really need to know an estimated % chance to get a deathmark when you kill the correct boss, or if they're automatic.

The stalker deathmark is automatic, after you kill the right boss it's just RNG, but stalker will come

Thanks for the support on collecting data anyway.

This I am not sure about. This is part of the grey area in my current understanding of how Stalker and Harvester work.

The stalker deathmark is automatic, after you kill the right boss it's just RNG, but stalker will come

Thanks for the support on collecting data anyway.

Cool, thanks for the info. I've already killed Tyl Regor, but next time I'll just kill Alad V and try for even more verification on him giving both marks.

Cool, thanks for the info. I've already killed Tyl Regor, but next time I'll just kill Alad V and try for even more verification on him giving both marks.

Yes, but just remember that you must be very patient, cause Stalker may appear after hundreds and hundreds of runs, it's always RNG, you know!

If this is in bad taste then I shall gladly remove it, however I've written a little program that may prove useful for telling when you've missed your mark and the Stalker isn't coming by to say hi. This includes the Harvester as well considering it uses the same scripts to spawn.

It automatically updates every 15 seconds, however you can manually refresh it if you so desire. I am in the process of making it play a sound if successful, and check after the number of seconds listed in the latest update in the log have passed, but that's for another bored night, I think.

This doesn't actually interact with Warframe in any way outside of checking the logs periodically for Stalker entries, so it should be safe for use.

6cImD.png

http://azurespace.net/warframe/stalkerhunter.zip

Happy Hunting.

Edited by Azure_Kyte

You can use it at any time. It monitors the progress of your current session in Warframe, and will list any previous Stalker checks made during the time Warframe has been open.

It serves more as a tool to tell you that he's definitely not going to spawn, instead of being unsure as to when or whether you've missed the mark.

We can't tell from the Ee.logs whether the Harvester or the Stalker appears. The Stalker script run by warframe only publicly checks for a Deathmark. It doesn't mention anything about a Harvester mark, even after it spawns. All refers to the Stalker. :(

Edited by Azure_Kyte

Yup. It's identical to that of the Stalker :(

it's probably the same as stalker, just it spawns on corpus maps

these bosses should trigger it:

Councilor Vay Hek
General Sargus Ruk
Golem
Kril
Phorid
Sgt Nef Anyo
Tyl Regor
Edited by buriburi

If this is in bad taste then I shall gladly remove it, however I've written a little program that may prove useful for telling when you've missed your mark and the Stalker isn't coming by to say hi. This includes the Harvester as well considering it uses the same scripts to spawn.

It automatically updates every 15 seconds, however you can manually refresh it if you so desire. I am in the process of making it play a sound if successful, and check after the number of seconds listed in the latest update in the log have passed, but that's for another bored night, I think.

This doesn't actually interact with Warframe in any way outside of checking the logs periodically for Stalker entries, so it should be safe for use.

6cImD.png

http://azurespace.net/warframe/stalkerhunter.zip

Happy Hunting.

If this simply reads EE.log, Notepad++ has a plugin that refreshes the document every 3 seconds.

it's probably the same as stalker, just it spawns on corpus maps

these bosses should trigger it:

Councilor Vay Hek
General Sargus Ruk
Golem
Kril
Phorid
Sgt Nef Anyo
Tyl Regor

I dont' think so, cause otherwise you couldn't have a Stalker attack on a Corpus map, and I've seen a lot in these days.

Even if you have to kill one of the bosses above, you have to do something to get the Harvester mark as well...

I'm afraid the program is not workin :(

If I try to launch it with the game opened it gives me an error and I have to close it!

Yeah, just discovered that I forgot a case. Am fixing it now :P

If this simply reads EE.log, Notepad++ has a plugin that refreshes the document every 3 seconds.

I figured Notepad++ would have things like that. Does it also trim all text we don't need automatically?

Edited by Azure_Kyte