Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Prime?

(PSN)Zephiam

Couple of things:

1) If you don't like DE's decisions you don't have to play the game. Some of us can find enjoyment in what we have and not cry about a different platform. This game on PS4 is fantastic and I enjoy the content changes and growth. Even though I have played on PC and still will, I wont be transferring my goods unless they allow a Merge instead. I've dropped too much time into the PS4 to overwrite it.

2) I feel if they do expand out to Xbox 1 eventually DE may need to invest in a console team, then we may see the love, but until then, keep up the awesome work DE!!!

Edited by (PS4)PiMDx

Such a heated topic lol. First of all why does everyone call everyone cry babies? I just see it as us voicing opinions on a very interesting topic indeed and also to us fans of this game that want to investigate on much needed info about content that will come or be denied. When you go and try to call people cry babies because not all of us are it just seems you have a lack of debate and please be offended by us, if we step on any pc gamers toes or any other "ashamed gamer" for just trying to be a fair,knowledgeable gamer about content or any other aspect of the games we love you can keep your insults and step off your high horse a little. Thanks rebecca for the response, its unfortunate to hear the news and we all know now you want to keep that cozy little relationship with pc players as we all know how you guys got started,but nevertheless thanks for letting us know as we get much limited feedback. Im def not going to make too big of a deal out of this as I was expecting it but like I said before I really hope something like this wont happen again cause I love this game and most of the content you guys make for it. It would be a shame and a heartbreak,also unfair, if continued pc exclusive content will be released and never seen on the consoles you were so excitedly ready to put your game on. With that said I thank you once more and hope to see more promising means with this game in the future.

Will try to comment here on some discussion in this thread - in principle the Founders Program and the content within emerged to literally found the game - we were (and still are) doing it all ourselves, we needed support from players very early on who not only believed enough in the game to play it an try it, but financially support it as well. This was an early stepping stone in the development life of Warframe.

As development and stability continued, opportunities emerged, and PS4 became a reality.

I am sorry to confirm that the gear within the Founders Package won't be making it's way to PS4 for purchase - it's role in the codex is controversial and perhaps insensitive considering this fact. 

So, regarding a few issues brought up in this thread: PS4 is new territory (there is a lot to get used to still - shouldn't be an excuse forever), updates are full of content but deployed over a different timeline than PC, and many players feel they are getting the short end of the stick with (mostly event) exclusives overall. A few different issues there - all of which ought to be solved in some regard.

Rebecca, we understand why you are holding your ground specifically on the Founder Pack but what about us? We don't have to play (and for most of us PAY) a game that is in beta. It is often a frustrating experience since things are not working as intended and support can be limited. We choose to play this game because we truly enjoy the experience and want to support DE in their endeavors to see this client reach it's potential. Why shouldn't we be given acknowledgement for being here at the beginning? Why shouldn't we be given similar opportunities that were given to the PC client at their launch?

I sincerely hope that you do not actually mean this but the demeanor of your response suggests that when DE started the game you needed the support of earlier players and thus wanted to support them. By saying, "As development and stability continued, opportunities emerged, and PS4 became a reality."  you seem to be implying that you simply don't need us, that the accomplishments of this client coming into fruition rests solely on your founding PC members and therefore DE sees no reason to pay any attention to the founding members of your PS4 community. I find that incredibly disappointing. 

We are here at the beginning, many of us from Day 1, of this client. We have chosen to support you both in spirit and financially, even through the rocky start of this client. I would hope that you all appreciate that and take the time to acknowledge that even with all of your PC Founders, you would not be here on this client without us here to support you. I ask that you reconsider what you have said and find a way to acknowledge OUR founding of this client. 

@(PS4)Strad_37 Thanks for posting this.

I would like devs to explain how someone starting playing on PC 3 weeks before PS4 release gets a shot at Founders pack and PS4 version never does. No, really, I want an explanation. What happened in 3 weeks? Someone's dog died? In fact at that point PC version was, you know, well founded. Now if Founders program ended long ago, back when game was closed beta, unable to really pull in the money and needing support - I could understand that. Totally. But that's not the case. And since you're indie it simply looks like you deliberately shafted PS4 player because you wanted to. This is gonna bite you.

@(PS4)Strad_37 Thanks for posting this.

I would like devs to explain how someone starting playing on PC 3 weeks before PS4 release gets a shot at Founders pack and PS4 version never does. No, really, I want an explanation. What happened in 3 weeks? Someone's dog died? In fact at that point PC version was, you know, well founded. Now if Founders program ended long ago, back when game was closed beta, unable to really pull in the money and needing support - I could understand that. Totally. But that's not the case. And since you're indie it simply looks like you deliberately shafted PS4 player because you wanted to. This is gonna bite you.

Yeah it totally will.The whole of a dozen or 2 people complaining will leave.

Question for livestream on friday: With all the extra work you guys are having it may be hard to deal with issues both PC and Ps4(and maybe xbox one soon) but can you guys (and gals) gurantee FUTURE released content on PC will be moved/transitioned to ps4 as well? ( or at least most content) I dont want this game to end up to something close like Soul calibur where they have their ridiculous character exclusives from one console to the next. Thanks

Question for livestream on friday: With all the extra work you guys are having it may be hard to deal with issues both PC and Ps4(and maybe xbox one soon) but can you guys (and gals) gurantee FUTURE released content on PC will be moved/transitioned to ps4 as well? ( or at least most content) I dont want this game to end up to something close like Soul calibur where they have their ridiculous character exclusives from one console to the next. Thanks

Well since we got the last event and are getting the one PC has right now as well I think it's pretty safe to say they are going to be giving us the same content in the future.

So you are saying that DE should just give all of us back our money and pull the game from the PS4?  Sounds fair to me.

Nope, we don't get our money back. We all bought things according to our own discretion.

Why on a silver platter?  We want to have a fair chance because in all honesty?  We aren't the same exact game.   Maybe you didn't read that some people don't have PCs and had to wait for the PS4 version?

Yeah, a silver platter. Too many decent games have been ruined due to developers listening to all the cry babies and changing games to what they want. If the developers would just make the game the way they want, more hardcore players would stick around longer.  Funny how people don't have a PC yet here they are posting on a website. I guess they need their $500 phone, $600 tablet or other some console of their choosing in order to post on the site. Some PCs and laptops are can be bought for cheaper and built for even cheaper than that.

And even if we weren't the "founders" of the PS4, the PC version had a very long period of time to be "founders"   Why then can PS4 players not be founders when the founders period ended less than a month from the PS4 launch?  (Plus, platinum from the founder pack wouldn't transfer over from the PC to the PS4 version).  Honestly, that is just a slap in the face of PS4 players pretty much saying that PS4 players have no value that despite extending it for the PC, they couldn't extend it so that the PS4 players at least had a chance (just one week would've been fine)

Quit generalizing it as "PS4 players". I am a PS4 player and it is NOT a slap in the face to me. It's completely fair that we don't get the founders pack because WE ARE NOT the founders. And it has already been stated it was a mistake that they left the program open that long. Get over it.

It is gamers like you that make the community look like a bunch of, for lack of a more proper term, jerks and elitists.   It is gamers like you that fuel supremacy wars between consoles and PCs.  While some players just want equality and fairness, players like you want elitism.  Never in all my years as a gamer have I ever felt so ashamed to be on this planet.   The players who want to pay for this game are working to try to have a good reason to pay for the game.  it might not go smoothly at first, but we are trying.  And quite honestly, I would not blame the players if they got tired of it too and basically left the game for another and brought all their friends with them.

First off, thanks. Secondly I'm not a PC gamer, at all. I'm strictly console so therefore I'm not fueling any war and your argument holds no barring on the subject at hand. All your years as a gamer? Funny how I gave an exact number of years an you didn't. That tells me that either you haven't been gaming long due to age or the fact you haven't been gaming that long at all. Either way, what does the planet have to with gaming? I already feel the game is going great, hence why I've already dropped over $300 into it supporting it. And again, to those threatening or are tired of it, please, leave.

As I've said before, if I was a PC player, I'd want the PS4 and (if they have it) Xbox players to have access to everything.  In fact, I've fought for equality before.  While I am practical and realistic most of the time, I still want equality.  

Equality has nothing to do with not getting Excalibur Prime or the Founders pack. If you read patch notes and update notes and you will see we have the same game with a few missing items. Some of which aren't even available to get in the game at all anymore, even on PC. Not even all PCs players have the same items, so why should the PS4 get all the items?

And honestly, you are complaining about people voicing their opinions on a forum for voicing their opinions.  You have the right to your own opinion but that doesn't mean you should have the right to attack other people.  And yes, I know I shouldn't be so aggressive.

Opinion- I think the game would be better if x and y happened. Crying- Give it to us because we want it or we will find other games to play. It's not fair, blah, blah, blah.

Fact- We've been told we're not getting it. Now get over it, they're not going to change their minds.

Edited by (PS4)Icephr34k

i think the only question i would have is if there is going to be a job created for someone who deals really only with the ps4 end of things, or a moderator who focuses on whats happening on the console side.

i really think that the major problem, there is just a lack of communication, and any relationship needs that.

slightly off topic, but if any moderators are reading this and helping us out without telling us. then thank you. :)

Good question I too think the major problem is communication,many people feel they are being neglected here on ps4. All I say is that for all of you who feel that way nows the chance to post your questions for tomorrow,hopefully they all answer some questions here. Thank you any mod or DE that has given us any feedback.

@(PS4)Icephr34k

Funny how the PS4 has an internet browser built in, eh?  And so does the PS3.

Not all games are better with what the developers want.  Some games get improved because developers listen to the players and use that as a reference (note: reference) on how to go.  Same with authors of serializations and manga.  They listen to what the readers/players/etc. want and use that as fuel for what direction to head.  Developers don't necessarily know best.  That is why plenty of developers use playtesters (example being portal).  Play the game and see how things work, make sure that no obvious bugs exist, see if something should be changed because it doesn't make the game enjoyable.

On the other hand, yes, developers should not listen to every whim of the players.  They should use play feedback as a guideline, not as a set of rules to follow.  However, this is different.  We are asking for them to give players a fresh chance at stuff on a new system that never had a chance.  Otherwise, remove the offending entries so that it doesn't feel like they are spitting in our faces.

Not all the PC players were founders either.  They were able to buy the pack up to about 2 weeks before the PS4 came out.  If not for that fact, we wouldn't be as annoyed.

As for age?  Anyone can make up a number without proof.  And in most forums (I forget if it was the rules of this one), you aren't allowed to post personal information, even your own.  (Stating an age is one thing, but proving it?).  I could say that I've been playing games for over 41 years.  But how would I prove that?

Equality is a factor.  PC players had a chance up to 2 weeks before the PS4 came out to get the founder's pack which contains several PC exclusives.   Why can the PS4 not even get one week?   I don't consider mods to be an issue due to them being tradeable.   For the weapons taken out of the game, fine, we don't need to have those, most were taken out long before the PS4 version came out.  However, Warframes and weapons are not tradeable.   I doubt that they ever will be.  That is the problem right there.  PS4 players not only have no way to get them, but we get the fact rubbed into our faces.

And humans change their minds all the time.  Look at the history of humans.   They change their minds all the time.  

Personally, they should give us the events and founder's pack since there is pretty much no chance that PC and PS4 will be able to play together.

You do realize that US people love their lawsuits right?You don't think if they gave it to us someone would try to sue for false advertising when they outright said it would never be released again?If not you need to look around.The US has people going so far as to suing others who have saved their lives in car crashes and burning buildings etc.In all technicality they could win if they tried it as well as it WAS stated that it was a 1 time thing.It would only take 1 oversensitive person to attempt something like that and who knows what would happen.Don't underestimate human stupidity as looking at the forums it seems to have crept into every corner of the world.As to why I'm defending DE?They are entirely within their rights to uphold what they said outright was an exclusive time limited never to be released again deal.If you don't like it move along.Again it's not fair but it can't be made fair.It's such a small portion of players who care about this that we really wouldn't be losing much lol.

Edited by (PS4)helcalv

You do realize that US people love their lawsuits right?You don't think if they gave it to us someone would try to sue for false advertising when they outright said it would never be released again?If not you need to look around.The US has people going so far as to suing others who have saved their lives in car crashes and burning buildings etc.In all technicality they could win if they tried it as well as it WAS stated that it was a 1 time thing.It would only take 1 oversensitive person to attempt something like that and who knows what would happen.Don't underestimate human stupidity as looking at the forums it seems to have crept into every corner of the world.As to why I'm defending DE?They are entirely within their rights to uphold what they said outright was an exclusive time limited never to be released again deal.If you don't like it move along.Again it's not fair but it can't be made fair.It's such a small portion of players who care about this that we really wouldn't be losing much lol.

Wrong, there are various ways to compensate for the blunder. It's not the first time something like this happened. Easiest way - if they are indeed afraid of what you proposed (doubtful) - is to make a PS4 exclusive frame in a similar overpriced pack. Also, don't get me started on US. Makes my blood boil every time.

Again, what is within rights? Well, they treat PS4 players like S#&$ and YES, it is in fact withing their right. Doesn't mean we shouldn't call them on their BS and demand fixing it.

Look I myself can always leave and recommend all my friends to never touch this game. Admittedly, 2 of them already called it S#&$ and I haven't really tried to persuade them otherwise. I just have some spare time and enough patience to wait and see what will actually happen.

At least until Yakuza Ishin is coming out. I'm learning Japanese for a reason, heh.

I didn't say they couldn't do something I said they can't make it fair.Any option out that they take is unfair to some group of people.I've been planning on learning Japanese for a long while as a side note lol I got tired of missing out on games back in the SNES era but never had the resources to learn Japanese till recently.

Heh, I might've found some people to practice Japanese with.

But in all seriousness, I see so many companies get away with false advertisement without being sued.   I really don't get why they couldn't just extend the founder's pack 3 more weeks when they had already extended it for so long.

And the US will sue for just about anything.  But seriously, give us an exclusive prime set similar to the PC version's founder pack (Heck, call it the PS4 early adopter pack) and then if the PC wants those, we can do a prisoner exchange of sorts.  In which case, DE would win, more money for them and we would at least get our chance.

Yes I agree helcav, they should never do that again! It makes no sense to do that only for reasons of money but I'm sure they would still make good amount of money if they offered prime packs/weapons exclusive for a time period and then later releasing them to farm them at the least. A lot of games of this type I know do this particular strategy,I don't always agree with it but at least it would be a little more fair.

Or,just spitballing here,how about never making a prime frame or weapon you can only get from a pack ever again.I'm sure most people who dropped money on the prime access would hate it if they had to drop another 150$ on a pack because of it not being farmable.

Make it 100 for prime access owners and I'll take it and say thank you very much. Hell, even 150. For me it's 1 evening in a good cafe. Well, instead spent that evening playing. And you don't crap Warframe the next day... Ok, bad joke.

As long as they fix excalibur prime situation (in any way, give us founders pack, give us exclusive Loki prime I don't really care) I'm open to proposition and total forgiveness. I'm ready to spend if I'm treated like preferred customer. But only if, only IF.