Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Prime?

(PSN)Zephiam

I don't know when exactly they decided to create the founders pack for PC but it could've been way before Sony had ever mention striking a deal with DE and therefore not even having a thought of their game being on console. Or not I don't know just a thought, but overall I think they should make fair deals and fair exclusives for all players of this game whether PC or ps4. It is the same game, essentially,content should be for both and they should not make people feel left out otherwise. Hopefully issues like this wont appear in the future or they will surely deter people from this game.

If & ever when the PC players who have opted to hop over to our side of the fence goes live.....

give or take a few weeks after & we prob might hear complaints in region chat from the PC players how they want to either go back to PC land or how they wished they would have never hopped the fence into PS4.

But not until after they have flaunted all of the exclusives, toys & spammed ps4 chat about the PC master race LOL.

I get the feeling after having watched the last few warframe de vids, that we ps4 customers are nothing more then scraps & leftovers. Based on the live vids I don't think they consider console gaming to be anything more then just pocket change & lint.

Consoles pretty much always get shafted since all everyone cares about is the PC versions.

Don't kid yourselves, the PS4 is pulling mad people to Warframe for both the PC and PS4 versions of the game.  However, I totally disagree with anything else that further separates these two communities.  I play on the PS4 and I wouldn't want anything (except maybe a founder badge with PSN ) on it or something cosmetic that PC users can't have.  I actually like to play the game on both platforms, and I think they should be as equal as possible.  Oh well.. It is what it is.  I think eventually-- every warframe will have a prime version.  I do not wish for any of these to be exclusive for one platform or the other.  Everyone should have a chance to get them.  Excalibur prime to Ps4 founders wouldn't be a slap in the face to the PC community I don't think.  If they make a prime that only ps4 users can have-- this is going to royally piss off the PC community.  If they make another prime for PC that Ps4 can't have-- I am simply buying a controller and switching from PS4 to PC.  I don't care if I have to start over after ranking up 9 warframes-- buying 16 slots and 30 weapon slots.  screw it.

For those arguing that he's only cosmetic, I don't care. When I jump into a game like this, I instinctively want to collect everything, even if it means spending hundreds of dollars on inventory slots, I want it all. So for me, it's not that I wish I had him. It's the fact that I can't get him, that gets me angry. And, while we're on the topic of pc getting stuff that we can't, it's not just Excalibur Prime, it's things like the Brakk, and individual weapons like that, that will make a big difference in the gameplay, not just a cosmetic one. If they say that we should have been there, then I guess it's my bad that my laptop can't handle their amazing game, and that I have never been a pc gamer in the first place. Knowing that I'm playing on a console is always a better experience than playing on a laptop for me.

Don't kid yourselves, the PS4 is pulling mad people to Warframe for both the PC and PS4 versions of the game.  However, I totally disagree with anything else that further separates these two communities.  I play on the PS4 and I wouldn't want anything (except maybe a founder badge with PSN ) on it or something cosmetic that PC users can't have.  I actually like to play the game on both platforms, and I think they should be as equal as possible.  Oh well.. It is what it is.  I think eventually-- every warframe will have a prime version.  I do not wish for any of these to be exclusive for one platform or the other.  Everyone should have a chance to get them.  Excalibur prime to Ps4 founders wouldn't be a slap in the face to the PC community I don't think.  If they make a prime that only ps4 users can have-- this is going to royally &!$$ off the PC community.  If they make another prime for PC that Ps4 can't have-- I am simply buying a controller and switching from PS4 to PC.  I don't care if I have to start over after ranking up 9 warframes-- buying 16 slots and 30 weapon slots.  screw it.

I personally think everyone should be on the same playing ground but I think many (possibly even most) PC players would prefer that they get all the exclusives.

I have him on my pc account and yes he's pretty much cosmetic.Last time I looked at him he didn't even have polarity slots unless that's changed.

He counts for mastery rank, he counts for codex entries...

I personally think everyone should be on the same playing ground but I think many (possibly even most) PC players would prefer that they get all the exclusives.

He counts for mastery rank, he counts for codex entries...

Counts for codex entries?You do realize the codex entries for warframes do nothing right?Not to mention you don't need to have the frame to have the entry....

You do to get the star and the completion.

I didn't realize that actually meant anything to anyone as it does nothing besides bragging rights maybe.Besides they won't give ps4 excal prime as it will make the PC playerbase angry and they won't take the entry out of the codex as it would be most likely that they can't remove entries for items which are programmed into the game.If it really bothers you that much that it's in there somehow making your codex "incomplete" you should of course realize it would still be incomplete even if they did remove the entry as the frame would still be in the game.

I am shocked this is even a debate. PC version got exclusive Founders Pack with exclusive frame, PS4 version never got this pack. How is this even remotely ok for anyone but rabid PC fanboys?

No, I would really love the devs to explain how is this ok to sell content X - the Founders Pack - which is NOT cosmetic - on one platform but not the other? I am not suggesting giving PC players a second chance or selling it cheaper. No, sell it for original price +30% Sony take and just like on PC offer for a limited time only.

And if they never do this I have to admire that they had the AUDACITY to not cut Excalibur Prime from PS4 version completely. Because even with console exclusive deals like Tomb Rider Underworld DLC or Batman AA DLC etc. The other platform don't get pieces of exclusives content from rival platform dangling around.

I get the feeling that devs don't read this forum at all though, and neither do mods.

I am shocked this is even a debate. PC version got exclusive Founders Pack with exclusive frame, PS4 version never got this pack. How is this even remotely ok for anyone but rabid PC fanboys?

No, I would really love the devs to explain how is this ok to sell content X - the Founders Pack - which is NOT cosmetic - on one platform but not the other? I am not suggesting giving PC players a second chance or selling it cheaper. No, sell it for original price +30% Sony take and just like on PC offer for a limited time only.

And if they never do this I have to admire that they had the AUDACITY to not cut Excalibur Prime from PS4 version completely. Because even with console exclusive deals like Tomb Rider Underworld DLC or Batman AA DLC etc. The other platform don't get pieces of exclusives content from rival platform dangling around.

I get the feeling that devs don't read this forum at all though, and neither do mods.

The problem is though that even while you are suggesting that only the ps4 version gets the new chance it would end up being both versions as the PC forum would then explode with people complaining that either they don't have the chance or legitimate founders complaining that it's no longer exclusive.On top of all the crying there would be here based on cost etc like what happened with the prime access.The forums run rampant with self entitled crybabies and this would be fuel for the fire in a lot of cases.Also they won't cut content out just because we didn't get it.That would be stupid from a programming point of view not to mention make the idea of the account copy thing fly out the window as it would no longer work for people with these items.

I get the PC players get a founders pack because they helped found the game for PC. We helped found this game for PS4, by the same token we should get a founders pack because we have helped found the PS4 player base. Not sure how else to present the argument in any other way. Whether it was the same or a different founder pack wouldn't really matter to me.

I get the PC players get a founders pack because they helped found the game for PC. We helped found this game for PS4, by the same token we should get a founders pack because we have helped found the PS4 player base. Not sure how else to present the argument in any other way. Whether it was the same or a different founder pack wouldn't really matter to me.

I agree we should get something but I feel that the people lobbing complaints about the founders pack on PC don't realize the scope of what they are asking.

The problem is though that even while you are suggesting that only the ps4 version gets the new chance it would end up being both versions as the PC forum would then explode with people complaining that either they don't have the chance or legitimate founders complaining that it's no longer exclusive.On top of all the crying there would be here based on cost etc like what happened with the prime access.The forums run rampant with self entitled crybabies and this would be fuel for the fire in a lot of cases.Also they won't cut content out just because we didn't get it.That would be stupid from a programming point of view not to mention make the idea of the account copy thing fly out the window as it would no longer work for people with these items.

So, because people will whine? Eh? I did not see a single legit reason not do do what I suggested. How is it devaluing PC founders purchase if it's only available for a short time on a new platform as well for a price that is 30% more??? These founders complaining about prime access - a pack that is available to everyone and the only exclusive item is 100% cosmetic. There, you may ignore them now. Also, since only PC to PS4 account transfer is planned - again - there is no reason not to do what I suggested. Make Founder's pack available for some time on PS4 at original + Sony take price. Well, this is gonna bite them in 2014. 

Edited by Letter13
tidying up

So, because people will whine? Eh? I did not see a single legit reason not do do what I suggested. How is it devaluing PC founders purchase if it's only available for a short time on a new platform as well for a price that is 30% more??? These founders complaining about prime access - a pack that is available to everyone and the only exclusive item is 100% cosmetic. There, you may ignore them now. Also, since only PC to PS4 account transfer is planned - again - there is no reason not to do what I suggested. Make Founder's pack available for some time on PS4 at original + Sony take price.

Then again maybe devs are intentionally  S#&$ting on PS4 users. Well, this is gonna bite them in 2014. 

How do you suggest there would be a 30% increase on 150$ when 150$ is the max it could possibly be?Also what founders are complaining about the prime access?I was referring to the ps4 forums with their constant complaints for the first 3 or 4 days about price content etc.Also double capacity titan extractor prime is now not considered an item?People don't realize Sony's "take price" comes out of the cost in the store it's not added on top.So if DE put it in for the same price IE 150$ then whatever Sony's "take price" is comes OUT of that 150$. Again you don't seem to understand if they did this for ps4 they would have to do it for PC or else face a lot more backlash then the ps4 users crying about not getting excal prime.Like someone said in the topic about event weapons,

"That's like if some old MMO like Runescape comes to consoles, and then everyone complains that they weren't there back in 2001 or so to get the ultra expensive party hat item.

Or a certain toy from a toy series being released then discontinued, then someone who just started buying toys from that series gets upset because he wasn't into the toys yet to buy that discontinued one. (Granted, he could always buy it from scalpers, or online from other collectors. But allow me to remind you that Warframe's trading system is new and they are still gathering data and are determining whether they will allow other kinds of trades in the future.)". It's something you missed out on as it was on PC and not here and probably won't ever be so suck it up is all I can say.You can sit and complain here till you quit the game or you can make due with the fact people have something you don't.

As a founder on PC with Excal Prime I would actually love to see Excal Prime available on PS4 I would get the founders pack all over again and possibly spring for design council Membership if offered since I missed that on PC there really shouldn't be any exclusives that are not purely cosmetic since it is the same game, I think all events should be re-ran and the founders pack be available for a short time on PS4 I would gladly spend some more money on PS4 for that especially since I wanted all warframes on PC and got them then I wanted all Warframes on PS4 and remembered Excal prime was founders only even though I am a founder I cant get him untill I can cross over my account the thing is though I don't want to I would rather pay for him again and have a seperate account since I have already put time and effort into the PS4 version as well and give other PS4 players a chance to get him please take that into consideration.

@z3rodin36 Well said. Stuff like Founders pack is one of the things you should have on every platform, to ripe the benefit of big spenders from each userbase.

They are putting game on xbone, good time to make Founders pack available on both PS4 and Xbone for a couple of months.

@helcalv Now you are being nonsensical and/or trolling. Need I remind you that they were offering Founders pack on PC SAME BLOODY YEAR as PS4 version came out? And they're indie, they themselves stopped offering it.

Get off your high horse.

@z3rodin36 Well said. Stuff like Founders pack is one of the things you should have on every platform, to ripe the benefit of big spenders from each userbase.

They are putting game on xbone, good time to make Founders pack available on both PS4 and Xbone for a couple of months.

@helcalv Now you are being nonsensical and/or trolling. Need I remind you that they were offering Founders pack on PC SAME BLOODY YEAR as PS4 version came out? And they're indie, they themselves stopped offering it.

Get off your high horse.

And that was the big mistake they made.The founders pack was supposed to end back in july or so but they extended it till oct.Also the part in quotations in my post was a copy/paste from another topic not my own words hence the quotations.

By quoting them in that way, you are suggesting that you are agreeing with it.  Which, based on your words, you are.

The point is that we never got a chance and it would turn players off if suddenly a bunch of PC players were to get on and flaunt how they have all these PC only exclusives.

It is less like if runescape were to make a console version and people were complaining about not having it and more like if runescape were to make a console version, show the console versions what they couldn't get, and then have all the pc players mock the console players for being inferior.

Either keep us separate or give us a chance at the same items.

Personally, I'm pretty fed up with the way that they treat us in general. They don't let us even have the chance to get some items, they seem to barely ever mention us, and they said that they have been slacking off on the ps4 side. In my own opinion (and hopefully many of yours) this is just outright unacceptable for a now multiplatform game.