Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anybody Feeling At All Horrified Of Infestation?

Revel72

I am not. They are boring. They are not even attempting to appear from nowhere like Walrider from Outlast or Amnesia monsters. I time to time want to be surprised specially after watching this video on youtube: 

Sure you can ask from us players what kind of units you should do but that... Will drive the units to be way too obvious, easy to counter and doesn't make us feel powerless chaining that we need to over come with other tricks what we have on use. Mobility. Stalker is much more pushing out adrenaline on my body because even not straightly he doesn't look scary his movement and the feeling that he can tear off some of my ways to take down is making me feel powerless.

Same time feeling that I need to take this guy down or I will get over come by him. Like it is said in here: 

Stalker is exactly something what is what increases my heart beat. The bug on him and Nyx at the buff on him sad, funny but still exciting. Was the one what extremely make me excited that finally he is paying back what I done.

He is your tool to player that there is always possible to that your powers are not the way to be on combat all the time you have mobility what players pretty much my opinion 90% of players doesn't see your given movement as a tool like I see League of Legends is perfect example that skills what involves movement. Let's say through this wall or able to jump over and obstacle are tools to the players of League of Legends. And I have to say **** that is some good stuff.

But why most of us players doesn't see it as a tool at all? Well that is obvious answer what you might have on your mind right now. "That because it is pretty much part of our real life and gaming" think about doom guy what we would be without strafe or how horrible on my opinion is armored core for answers without well done strafe yes hold on a second *Goes to puke* I say this straightly Armored Core for answers is yes old and somewhat good game,

But that only available strafe is the dash aside not simply running or walking and that was just so terrible that I gave up on playing it. Currently players are forgetting the tools of movement as a combat tool time to time. Now back to infestation. I mean seriously they needs love. That doesn't mean if I say that they are not really able to be afraid of I know that Disruptor will be jumping on my HUD time to time what I see as punishing when loosing all energy.

Disruptor is one of the elements to teach that infestation is not a faction to underrate because you developers are doing it. They lost a planet thanks to you. Great job, pat on a back and a magazine slap on your back of your head. Take a look of Dark souls, Amnesia and Outlast's Walrider. The Dead Space is also a good way to show what is disgusting or horrified of.

You have a good game to be evolved. The new infestation ancient is okay but his allies around them. Has became boring. Acrid on the Lost Planet series is not a best next to of them but there is things what would be fitting to replace or attach on current infestation mobs what I really enjoy on acrid that they are. They attacks by their instinct of danger, protecting themselves or just want you to be gone from their territory. If you reader now think that Lost Planet soldiers.

Are more boring than Tenno. PFFFT that is matter of taste but Warframe DE does have things to learn from them. Emotions at in-game, perks, weapons, additional arms [VS = Vita Suit] and game shows how damn... Huge problem the acrid became as humanity focused on each other while one of the factions of Lost Planet 2 Ex-Nevec were all the time aware of acrid and had a plan against it. Acrid is just perfect for the game. Try take some facts of other game insect, infestation or disease based enemies. Make infestation be a bit something more than worse than average right now.

Now back to movement. Why everybody underrates that possibilities of it? Well old games made you all the time made you think about your position or some of the modern stealth games has this thing too. One of these well mixed stealth in to action is Crysis game series. If any of you readers hasn't tried Crysis grab PS3 or 360 and copy of Crysis 3 or 2. I promise you they has perfect examples for our Warframe team what kind of things needs to be remembered at stealth movement.

Even Skyrim has some examples for good stealth for Warframe team. I do know that they has a lot ideas, content what they have planned and what community has planned also bug fixes. Before giving us more content damn more that gameplay. Current one is boring. Farming... Well kills my soul on looking at the purpose why I play this game. I do not really have any kind of major issues with the current stealth system but it is so bad have to say.

As I have played Crysis or anybody else they can say. Once you have had been seen they doesn't know where you have gone if you managed to slip away from the sight and hide to good place to let energy to recharge. As for the movement as on standard our running, jogging and crouch walk are silenced for the enemies around us.

That means like on Crysis 2 that you have module that silences your movement nearly totally giving player choice to kill there or leave it behind. That is not really on Warframe what I do see unique but also pretty boring. Some of us who have played Ghosts amplify is damn annoyingly good perk and dead silence just extremely good when well used also take down. Good ways to take down player or an AI controlled enemy unit. By hearing their steps or kill them from range with silenced firearm.

Movement between shooting on Doom is lost or found without player realizing it. Specially on modded ones. Believe me. If you would be able to see me bursting down Project MSX Pk3 to Doom levels. You would notice when I stood still and make s last stand or where I started to strafe around while gunning down. How many times I reloaded. How I used grenades. How I use sideways and versatile movement. Using different guns for different enemies. The choices of Doom Pk3s and mods are huge thanks to community.

Warframe has offered me less of these choices and what is kind of boring time to time but still what I love is parkour. It is nearly like Mirror's edge but with that you are armed for everything. Nearly.

Welp I think this is enough text see you later. And warframe team next time the stalker appears give us cut scene about what we will be expecting from him to tell to player that he is one to reckon with or run away from. Lastly die on fight or on run.

dude, not all of us had a normal heart, for example, me.

ok, so maybe infestation need "the elemetal of supride" on they side, litter bit intelligent, and tanky n' damage and stuff...

BUT don't make them into a very horrifile beast JUST LIKE OTHER ZOMBIE, HORRIBLE Si-FI MONSTER, just please, i don't want a game that i love become my nightmare

P.s: You may call me a wussy/scary cat/bunny heart if you want btw

P.s.s: it's also a good idea to make them grab you, then bite your body, created High DPS. The more of them grabs you, the higher damage you'll get.

Edited by Doforcash

Your English was quite hard to understand, but I think I got what you meant. You're criticizing the stealth aspect of the game and the fact that the infected are not scary enough, if I understood correctly.

Touching on stealth first, it is entirely possible to complete a mission stealthily. I've done some extermination ones like this with a Loki; it's a challenge (as it should be), but still enjoyable. Also, Crysis and Skyrim are not even close to good examples of stealth game play, I'm afraid. There are so, so many games that do stealth better than those two. Splinter Cell (and perhaps Metal Gear Solid? Never played it, but I believe it has sort of the same punishing mechanics to stealth) is just off the top of my head, and I'm sure if I had a minute to think I could come up with a lot more. Sure, it could use improvements, but I'd rather they'd first improve movement in general, free running specifically. I think stealth isn't that engaging in Warframe due to the wonky AI, but I'll come back to that in a moment.

As far as the scariness of the Infected goes, I think they're sufficiently ugly. It's not that I'm scared of them or anything, video game monsters have stopped being scary ages ago. The only monsters that have scared me in the recent past are the ones in Dead Space. I think games don't rely on scary monsters anymore, but rather on the atmosphere itself and jump scares. At least, that's the idea I've been getting from horror games lately. Zombies are not grotesque and horrifying anymore, gamers have become accustomed to them, which is why I think the infected don't seem so frightening, as well. They all just rush you, you more or less expect that. I think the Infested would benefit the most from an AI that is similar in function to the Aliens' in any game that features them. Or similar to the Stalker, why not? They stalk you around, you hear them growling, you know of their presence, but there is nothing you can do to get rid of them quickly. You have to wait until they attack/ambush you. That sort of atmosphere would be quite a bit tense, and I think it would bump up the scariness factor of missions against the Infested.

But most of this is related to the AI, which (I think) they said they're reworking. So I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Just my 2 pence.

They brought a knife to our gunfight

We need acid-spitting infested and annoying flying infested. Or flying AND acid-spitting to make them VERY annoying and get those Penta snipers out of our warm nests, where you play with one hand (don't get me wrong about "one hand", it's not a naughty joke, totally not  =P)

Edited by SpFinX

Infested were scary when you met them for the first time on Mercury.

Now that the outbrakes are clearly marked, they are removed from the random swap pool, and don't appear "naturally" anywhere in the game...

Well, let's say it ain't scary if you can see it comming a mile away.

intimidation usually depends on the player character's vulnerability. It is difficult to feel vulnerable when you're a walking arsenal with magical powers who routinely massacres hulking space marines. May I suggest, if you are determined to be scared of the infested, unequipping all your mods and starting a high level infested mission (when they're available)? I guarantee you'll be pissing yourself for the three seconds before you expend all your revives. =P

Also stealth is perfectly fine, don't you have invis... oh, you don't. LOKI MASTER RACE WOOT.

Problem is, after annhilating 10,000 of them, there is absolutely zero possibility that they would be scary or provide any surprises. While it would be nice to add additional mechanics and the like to make them vaguely more interesting, it would not at all change the dynamic by which we interact with them. In the end, they would still be predictable, work the same, and pop out of the same places. Much like any game you play to death, so long as you know what you're doing, there is no real challenge.

dude, not all of us had a normal heart, for example, me.

ok, so maybe infestation need "the elemetal of supride" on they side, litter bit intelligent, and tanky n' damage and stuff...

BUT don't make them into a very horrifile beast JUST LIKE OTHER ZOMBIE, HORRIBLE Si-FI MONSTER, just please, i don't want a game that i love become my nightmare

P.s: You may call me a wussy/scary cat/bunny heart if you want btw

P.s.s: it's also a good idea to make them grab you, then bite your body, created High DPS. The more of them grabs you, the higher damage you'll get.

Great we have nice conversation on start.What I am not meaning that they should be making heart racing. That they would reliably scary not like what they are currently. Yeah I know Zombies. We need to get rid of that S#&$. We are not going to do anything like that because I hate those things too a lot. 

The delicious ideas. Yes please. 

Well it mostly depends on you how you take that what you see doesn't it?

Considering how many can come at you at once, grabbing for 'high damage' is a horrendous idea.

Hmm... I don't know but considerable point.

ikr, only this will make infestation become All Tenno Nightmare

+ i was thinking make Runner instead of explosive on us, it will attack us and ONLY blow up if we kill them

Okay Well that the if runner would be slapping me instead of blowing up once nearby would be a good idea one bite away from. Traditional kamikaze guys from Serious Sam series monster. What I actually like.

Your English was quite hard to understand, but I think I got what you meant. You're criticizing the stealth aspect of the game and the fact that the infected are not scary enough, if I understood correctly.

Touching on stealth first, it is entirely possible to complete a mission stealthily. I've done some extermination ones like this with a Loki; it's a challenge (as it should be), but still enjoyable. Also, Crysis and Skyrim are not even close to good examples of stealth game play, I'm afraid. There are so, so many games that do stealth better than those two. Splinter Cell (and perhaps Metal Gear Solid? Never played it, but I believe it has sort of the same punishing mechanics to stealth) is just off the top of my head, and I'm sure if I had a minute to think I could come up with a lot more. Sure, it could use improvements, but I'd rather they'd first improve movement in general, free running specifically. I think stealth isn't that engaging in Warframe due to the wonky AI, but I'll come back to that in a moment.

As far as the scariness of the Infected goes, I think they're sufficiently ugly. It's not that I'm scared of them or anything, video game monsters have stopped being scary ages ago. The only monsters that have scared me in the recent past are the ones in Dead Space. I think games don't rely on scary monsters anymore, but rather on the atmosphere itself and jump scares. At least, that's the idea I've been getting from horror games lately. Zombies are not grotesque and horrifying anymore, gamers have become accustomed to them, which is why I think the infected don't seem so frightening, as well. They all just rush you, you more or less expect that. I think the Infested would benefit the most from an AI that is similar in function to the Aliens' in any game that features them. Or similar to the Stalker, why not? They stalk you around, you hear them growling, you know of their presence, but there is nothing you can do to get rid of them quickly. You have to wait until they attack/ambush you. That sort of atmosphere would be quite a bit tense, and I think it would bump up the scariness factor of missions against the Infested.

But most of this is related to the AI, which (I think) they said they're reworking. So I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Just my 2 pence.

I did say they are good but that is my opinion though should have mentioned it. But Doom there is things what warframe team can learn from them.

As I mentioned Zombies needs to be thrown away they are too used they tired of getting slashed, pummeled or whatever you want to do to them. I would like to see infestation ships a bit darker so infestation has some kind cover from the light where we Tenno walk. Think about Doom 3 games dark parts. Yes they are excellent idea to cover the infestation a bit and let your light guide you through the thousands of monsters.

Also what I would like to see that if player is full of energy that warframe team can set few light systems what are still operational but the generators are not running this would add a small hidden objective. "Get more light to the darkness"

Maybe infested Tenno would do the trick.

halo-4-flood.jpg

Reminds me a bit from Flood from Halo 3 when they takes Sangheili's body on their use. Or also known Elite's body. Idea of these kind of enemies. My death at the in-game is the limit. Bring it on tough SOB! If we would get some of these of course. Actually one of the good Stalker's are on Crysis 3 they has high damage but balanced towards the player that if player manages to lure in to open ground only hell is the limit of pain to this enemy.

Aren't Tenno basically infested (and got immune to technocyte plague, instead adapting to it) ? Hayden Tenno was for sure.

Good point... But there is some flaws that plague can any time turn in to bad one. Matter how much brain wash you do. It is more easier to just clean it up than take it on control.

yup...but this time our ally been brain  wash and cannot be rescue :D

^ One option. Keep them coming.

Problem is, after annhilating 10,000 of them, there is absolutely zero possibility that they would be scary or provide any surprises. While it would be nice to add additional mechanics and the like to make them vaguely more interesting, it would not at all change the dynamic by which we interact with them. In the end, they would still be predictable, work the same, and pop out of the same places. Much like any game you play to death, so long as you know what you're doing, there is no real challenge.

Well as I mentioned. I want them to be reliably scary not that they would be few days scary that they would always be able to surprise you. One of those enemies are blood demon what has many times surprised me by jumping on my back or leaping a huge distance at my face giving me a one more thing to settle down between others also these demons has high damage but they are melee range enemies so it is easy to deal with them most of the times.

That is a very long OP. They could be scarier, but they also need to be manageable.

Can you explain what you mean by OP? It has so many different meanings like Over Powered or Owner of Post. Hmm... I know what you mean manageable yes we needs buffs and nerfs to them.

I think that should be all of them right now I still see how much of us underrates that movement as a tool than basic thing. I am starting to be feared that it needs to be taught player how to use movement as a combat tool.

Great we have nice conversation on start.What I am not meaning that they should be making heart racing. That they would reliably scary not like what they are currently. Yeah I know Zombies. We need to get rid of that S#&$. We are not going to do anything like that because I hate those things too a lot. 

The delicious ideas. Yes please. 

Well it mostly depends on you how you take that what you see doesn't it?

Hmm... I don't know but considerable point.

Okay Well that the if runner would be slapping me instead of blowing up once nearby would be a good idea one bite away from. Traditional kamikaze guys from Serious Sam series monster. What I actually like.

I did say they are good but that is my opinion though should have mentioned it. But Doom there is things what warframe team can learn from them.

As I mentioned Zombies needs to be thrown away they are too used they tired of getting slashed, pummeled or whatever you want to do to them. I would like to see infestation ships a bit darker so infestation has some kind cover from the light where we Tenno walk. Think about Doom 3 games dark parts. Yes they are excellent idea to cover the infestation a bit and let your light guide you through the thousands of monsters.

Also what I would like to see that if player is full of energy that warframe team can set few light systems what are still operational but the generators are not running this would add a small hidden objective. "Get more light to the darkness"

Reminds me a bit from Flood from Halo 3 when they takes Sangheili's body on their use. Or also known Elite's body. Idea of these kind of enemies. My death at the in-game is the limit. Bring it on tough SOB! If we would get some of these of course. Actually one of the good Stalker's are on Crysis 3 they has high damage but balanced towards the player that if player manages to lure in to open ground only hell is the limit of pain to this enemy.

Good point... But there is some flaws that plague can any time turn in to bad one. Matter how much brain wash you do. It is more easier to just clean it up than take it on control.

^ One option. Keep them coming.

Well as I mentioned. I want them to be reliably scary not that they would be few days scary that they would always be able to surprise you. One of those enemies are blood demon what has many times surprised me by jumping on my back or leaping a huge distance at my face giving me a one more thing to settle down between others also these demons has high damage but they are melee range enemies so it is easy to deal with them most of the times.

Can you explain what you mean by OP? It has so many different meanings like Over Powered or Owner of Post. Hmm... I know what you mean manageable yes we needs buffs and nerfs to them.

I think that should be all of them right now I still see how much of us underrates that movement as a tool than basic thing. I am starting to be feared that it needs to be taught player how to use movement as a combat tool.

im gonna be honest with you

didnt-read-lol-gif-13.gif

joking

We are not going to do anything like that because I hate those things too a lot. 

u deserve my like, good sir

Edited by Doforcash