Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blessing Is A Little Too Strong In Its Current State.

Fomiru

Guest Shibboleet

Trinity is too strong with long duration blessing in its current state. It is 100% required in order to go longer than 3 hours in a survival in its current state.

Edited by Shibboleet

How can anybody say that infinite invulnerability is ever ok.  Everybody who disagrees with nerfing blessing is... imo just sorta illogical.

Edit: Most posts here argue that the cast time is severe enough to warrant it. NO. Infinite invincibility, just wrap your head around that, I fail to see how anybody can actually look at this as if it is okay.

Edited by Cwierz

Guest Shibboleet

The only thing that needs nerfing is Your attitude of consciously trying to suck the fun out of a PVE game in the name of so called balance.

Fun is relative.

People have made the argument that enemies scale way to fast and that Trinity is needed to survive, etc.

Now I like trinity, played as her a long time.  But I can admit to something being a little too good.

Obviously there are issues with enemy scaling that need to be adressed, but they are all problems that need to be adressed.

In short, flaws in game design the dev's are working on fixing ( I.E Enemy Scaling being poor ) are important, but the whole reason a Warframe is good and shouldn't be balanced is because of said flawed design, well there needs to be some work done on both fronts.

People have made the argument that enemies scale way to fast and that Trinity is needed to survive, etc.

Now I like trinity, played as her a long time.  But I can admit to something being a little too good.

Obviously there are issues with enemy scaling that need to be adressed, but they are all problems that need to be adressed.

In short, flaws in game design the dev's are working on fixing ( I.E Enemy Scaling being poor ) are important, but the whole reason a Warframe is good and shouldn't be balanced is because of said flawed design, well there needs to be some work done on both fronts.

Fun does not come from imbalance, it comes from creative game elements and good mechanics. Fun NEVER comes from imbalance. Balance is an inherently good quality, and suggesting it as not being so is dumb.

What if Blessing didn't give absolute damage immunity and instead gave a damage shield similar to Iron Skin for the duration? This way it would still be useful as a global full heal while also having that protected breathing time in between casts.

What if Blessing didn't give absolute damage immunity and instead gave a damage shield similar to Iron Skin for the duration? This way it would still be useful as a global full heal while also having that protected breathing time in between casts.

go fight some level 40+ grineer and come back and say iron skin is super duper awesome.

32 mins into mimas, out of energy, dude is down. Full iron skin with 980 shield and 700 health. The revive bar only made it to 80% before I am dead. This was with 3-5 grineer in the area shooting.

No wonder there is no endgame content, people be screaming for nerfs all over the place. what good is endgame content when there is no gear to have a standing chance at it.

what good is endgame content when there is no gear to have a standing chance at it.

End Game content? DE said that was T3 and ODA, not survival, there's a reason the best reward is at 20minutes, after that the reward table resets as if it was at the 0 min mark.

Edited by Makya

go fight some level 40+ grineer and come back and say iron skin is super duper awesome.

32 mins into mimas, out of energy, dude is down. Full iron skin with 980 shield and 700 health. The revive bar only made it to 80% before I am dead. This was with 3-5 grineer in the area shooting.

No wonder there is no endgame content, people be screaming for nerfs all over the place. what good is endgame content when there is no gear to have a standing chance at it.

Keep in mind that the point at which rhinos iron skin breaks, is the point when most frames go down. Iron skin also has CC immunity, and coupled with blessing is godmode. 

I do agree with you however, blessing needs the mechanic is has. I still propose that an 8 second cap be put in place on duration, in order to make keeping infinite invuln up you need to be skilled at micromanaging and timing, and even then it might not happen.

she is a support frame and this ability does no harm to the enemy or you. and most Trinity builds dont focus around duration do to the negative effect on energy vampire. and as someone said its only enough time to revive someone or buy the team a few seconds to get to safety. Why do you want to break the only capable healer/support frame we have?

No one wants this but you, and i doubt you will get much support on a Trinity nerf considering she needs a buff to energy vamps vs duration and the fact you said when modded properly already makes the counterargument for us. With proper modding rhino can be unkillable, with proper modding Nova and Ember can wipe the floor with any level of enemy, with proper modding loki can stay invisible almost permanently, with proper modding vauban can shut down entire missions with bastille spam. you get the point yet? this argument used to take away a support abilities ability to support is ridiculous.

Ps, no Oberon isent healer/support, he is a Hybrid of Healer/support/dps/CC making him medocre at them all. trinity is still the only true cleric.

Keep in mind that the point at which rhinos iron skin breaks, is the point when most frames go down. Iron skin also has CC immunity, and coupled with blessing is godmode. 

I do agree with you however, blessing needs the mechanic is has. I still propose that an 8 second cap be put in place on duration, in order to make keeping infinite invuln up you need to be skilled at micromanaging and timing, and even then it might not happen.

it takes roughly 8 seconds to res someone and this is assuming your near them when they go down. take it away and watch your healer die, Im pretty sure that big red mission failed aint something you want to see alot of. leave trinity alone. there is a reason this is the only nerf trin thread.

Blessing cant be changed without completely screwing the frame...

The only possible "nerf" would be to add a range to Blessing (a wide one, like 50m radius that can be increased/decreased by mods)

instead of Infinite Range... anything else would be terribly wrong,

my 0.2$

Guest Shibboleet

she is a support frame and this ability does no harm to the enemy or you. and most Trinity builds dont focus around duration do to the negative effect on energy vampire. and as someone said its only enough time to revive someone or buy the team a few seconds to get to safety. Why do you want to break the only capable healer/support frame we have?

No one wants this but you, and i doubt you will get much support on a Trinity nerf considering she needs a buff to energy vamps vs duration and the fact you said when modded properly already makes the counterargument for us. With proper modding rhino can be unkillable, with proper modding Nova and Ember can wipe the floor with any level of enemy, with proper modding loki can stay invisible almost permanently, with proper modding vauban can shut down entire missions with bastille spam. you get the point yet? this argument used to take away a support abilities ability to support is ridiculous.

Ps, no Oberon isent healer/support, he is a Hybrid of Healer/support/dps/CC making him medocre at them all. trinity is still the only true cleric.

Uh, you haven't played past 20 minutes in survival or a few waves in a high level defense...have you.

she is a support frame and this ability does no harm to the enemy or you. and most Trinity builds dont focus around duration do to the negative effect on energy vampire. and as someone said its only enough time to revive someone or buy the team a few seconds to get to safety.

You clearly never played Trinity at her true potential if you state so...

End Game content? DE said that was T3 and ODA, not survival, there's a reason the best reward is at 20minutes, after that the reward table resets as if it was at the 0 min mark.

Yeap DE said that.

DE is crazy if they want T3 and the ODA to be their end game content. If that's the case the game is dead before it was born. I don't call those to end game but rather a good time not full space ninja worthy endgame content!

Guest Shibboleet

You clearly never played Trinity at her true potential if you state so...

Both versions of  trinity are viable right now and are both really good

Guest Shibboleet

Yeah lets nerf Trinity to the ground! Then we nerf penta and stug. They kill all the things in my Mercury missions. /sarcasm

You are aware that people were going forever in survival and endless defense without these weapons, right?

Well, I have thought about it.

And I think a rapid health and shield restore ( Like Oberon's! ) Would work well here.

Of course, it would be massively more powerful, and heal over time much faster.

It's just an idea.

But to the folks getting angry of me only mentioning Trinity here, there are many threads complaining about those guns, go to those.  This thread is about Trinity, lets try and keep on topic here.