Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan Wars

SgtCinnamon

I think it would be cool, and also very performance heavy idea for a clan or team duel instead of one on one. 

There would be a new duel area with elevation and stuff like that. They could be 3v3 5v5 and 6v6.

Obviously this could mean that certain clans could focus on this and in a way become a pvp clan with high ranking teams.

This could also benefit DE in that they could hold larger competitions from proper teams. If anyone else has ideas related to this or any criticisms please share. 

But if you're going to criticize don't be a $&*^ about it

Can we please stop with clan-wars, or PvP in general?

This game was not made for it, it would be a hell of work to make this game able to support such big teams, also all mods and weapons would have to be reviewed for a PvP balancing.

This is not some e-sports game made for tournaments. I also think its a bit too late now to go into that direction.

Let dojo PvP stay for pure fun where players make their own rules, but dont go further, its just not good for the game.

Oh YES!

Lets take a cool F2P PVE game and TOTALLY **** it up in the name of PVP like so many other games!

Warframe = PvE with minor PvP added to placate the EXTREMELY vocal minority who want a PVP game despite all the OTHER cool PvP games out there.

Scott and Steve have said that additional PvP elements MAY be added in the future. But since the game was TOTALLY intended to be PvE centric, adding new features JUST to add them would SERIOUSLY screw things up. (Not that the Dueling Rooms or Conclaves didn't. No. OMG HEK IS BAD IN PVP! OMG IGNIS IS BAD IN PVP! OMG POWERS ARE BAD IN PVP! NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!)

This has been said over and over and over and over and over.  (If you do a basic search in the search function for 'clan wars' you might learn something.

I don't have a problem with PvP in games DESIGNED for it. Warframe wasn't. Sorry you want the game to cater to a vocal minority (and **** the rest of us who don't, after all we don't matter, right?)  and if that is being a $&*^ about it, sorry.

Edited by Kalenath

I don't really care about 1vs1 or 2vs2.. but clan wars sound interesting.

Yeah. It sounds fun

Is it workable at all the way the game engine is set up? No.

Is it feasible to expect it anytime in the near future? No.

Can PLEASE we stop ****ing beating this ****ing dead horse? No. Of course not.

Edited by Kalenath

Oh YES!

Lets take a cool F2P PVE game and TOTALLY **** it up in the name of PVP like so many other games!

Warframe = PvE with minor PvP added to placate the EXTREMELY vocal minority who want a PVP game despite all the OTHER cool PvP games out there.

Scott and Steve have said that additional PvP elements MAY be added in the future. But since the game was TOTALLY intended to be PvE centric, adding new features JUST to add them would SERIOUSLY screw things up. (Not that the Dueling Rooms or Conclaves didn't. No. OMG HEK IS BAD IN PVP! OMG IGNIS IS BAD IN PVP! OMG POWERS ARE BAD IN PVP! NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!)

This has been said over and over and over and over and over.  (If you do a basic search in the search function for 'clan wars' you might learn something.

I don't have a problem with PvP in games DESIGNED for it. Warframe wasn't. Sorry you want the game to cater to a vocal minority (and **** the rest of us who don't, after all we don't matter, right?)  and if that is being a $&*^ about it, sorry.

Agreed

Warframe is NOT a PvP game. DE added Dueling Rooms and Conclaves so all the whining will finally stop.

Looks like it didn't helped that much.

Give them a finger, they'll eat your whole hand.

NO clan wars

NO 12v12 battles

NO Planetside 2 type of game

DEAL WITH IT

Why? Because it gosh-darn PVE game. You knew what yo were to play. You knew very well, that it's co-op PvE TPS. and yet you are whining, that Warframe should be something, that it was never supposed to be.

Besides - host it, host those battles with 8+ people. Hosting even casual match of four can be tough on weaker machines with slower internet connection. More players at once? Hell naw.

Edited by Angius

I like u idea about improving PvP

BUT...(see the big BUT i made? yeah it mean there's some issues)

1st of all...

I think it would be cool, and also very performance heavy idea for a clan or team duel instead of one on one. 

There would be a new duel area with elevation and stuff like that. They could be 3v3 5v5 and 6v6.

Obviously this could mean that certain clans could focus on this and in a way become a pvp clan with high ranking teams.

As you know (and i'am pretty sure u are) that PvP isn't Balance AT ALL. Most of High Lever Weapon can vaporize a 1230 shield and 1230 health in less then 6 second (if you planning to not stand still).

and then there's the mod + Frame skill system, they are just Too OP.

For example: Rhino can make non-stop Stomp, Frost Snow Globe are not penetrate, and Ash or Loki can go invisible nearly endlessly + Major damage buff on melee...ect...ect...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd

This could also benefit DE in that they could hold larger competitions from proper teams. 

Warframe is a 3rd Person shooter + Action RPG + MMORPG + Sifi Ninja + Farmvile (some point, lol)

...yeah...

i don't think DE will had any big problem when we talk about " hold larger competitions from proper teams"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

but hey, listen to this

http://youtu.be/yGP6c9d7QdI?t=8m25s<<copy/ pasted if you can't press

*cheer*

oh and the 3rd thing

But if you're going to criticize don't be a &#036;&amp;*^ about it

^as much as most of everyone here find it's hilarious, just don't do it ;D

Edited by Doforcash

I love this game, but think of this:

The lotus has a grand tournament for all tenno to enjoy. They have a free-for-all for clans to test their skill against one another. Each one is based on the respective clans: 5/6 v 5/6, 10v10, 15/20v15/20, maybe 25/30 for the larger clans.

Rules are simple:

1 revive per tenno (no charge against your daily revives)

once all other members are dead/K.O.'d that team wins

your remaining amount of members gives you that number of points

first team to hit a target amount wins the match (which both teams can choose before match starts)

have a tournament 1 a month/year

Yeah. It sounds fun

Christ what's your problem? I only said it sounds interesting, I never said I wanted it.

Sorry for not using the search engine before I post on a random topic.

so much butthurt in this thread.

Christ what's your problem? I only said it sounds interesting, I never said I wanted it.

Sorry for not using the search engine before I post on a random topic.

so much butthurt in this thread.

Yes, I react strongly when people demand the game be destroyed in the name of killing other players.

Yes, I can be a bit over the top on occasion. I LIKE this game. I LIKE A LOT of this game. There are things I do not like. People demanding that  the things I like GO AWAY so that they things THEY like can be added... tend to &!$$ me off. You cannot add something so complex and pervasive without removing or downgrading something else. You cannot.

Most people have no clue what is involved in making a game engine. I do. Some. I have worked in the industry just enough to know it was NOT for me.

Most people have no clue about limitations, constraints or reasonable choices. They want what they want and they want it NOW.

This game has more promise to it than any 3 or 4 others I have played recently. Certainly more than most F2P games put together! So yes, I get annoyed when people say 'Oh lets add 'X' because it might be cool.' Yes, it MIGHT be cool. Or it might destroy the game completely.

If people screaming about PvP destroy this game as some of them wish, that would be a very sad day in computer gaming.

Edited by Kalenath

Suggest you take a break and go outside.

You probably went suicidal when DE removed Raid missions, infested missions, did random nerfs and added pvp.

Suggest you stop assuming you know anything about anyone else on the internet. Since you are putting YOUR assumptions on me, this is my last response to you.

You are not helping your cause by trolling me.

In conclusion-

I don't MIND PvP if the game will WORK with it. Warframe wasn't designed for it and doesn't work right with it.

Edited by Kalenath

I'm not trolling, I'm just expressing my opinion.

But MY opinion is wrong and evil since I do not share yours. I see.

I wasn't going to respond, but I am going to.

FYI? I haven't been suicidal since I took my own life at 17. (I am almost 42) Coming back... SUCKED. Calling me that is... rather stupid. Calling me that over a VIDEO GAME is... well... More stupid. If you were not TRYING for an emotional response you need to rethink some things.

Edited by Kalenath

This not sounds as bad as someone think because this game capable adopt more pvp to keep interesting the pve part with new events and clan activity in other case the claning is useless because still we haven't vaults and more competition after do the boring grinding after hours and hours. This game is dead anyway in my eyes because the devs miss some core system improving or implement and just try to keep the interest with adding content which is the same as before. Other hand why they cannot split the pve and pvp section? Maybe they need manage servers where have pve/pvp and each without other. My opinion about clan war is not so good idea in this term because we tenno's a low populated race which try to survive and i can maximum accept a "practicle" competitions with different dojo's but this maybe will be implement after the alliance making and feeder dojo's (clan) system implement in sometime. 

PS: I need some vodkol.

Edited by animafan10

But MY opinion is wrong and evil since I do not share yours. I see.

I wasn't going to respond, but I am going to.

FYI? I haven't been suicidal since I took my own life at 17. (I am almost 42) Coming back... SUCKED. Calling me that is... rather stupid. Calling me that over a VIDEO GAME is... well... More stupid. If you were not TRYING for an emotional response you need to rethink some things.

What.. now you are turning things around?

A minute ago you started flaming me because I didn't share YOUR opinion..

It's not stupid you just act like an emo.

Yeah. It sounds fun

Yes, I react strongly when people demand the game be destroyed in the name of killing other players.

Yes, I can be a bit over the top on occasion. I LIKE this game. I LIKE A LOT of this game. There are things I do not like. People demanding that  the things I like GO AWAY so that they things THEY like can be added... tend to &!$$ me off. You cannot add something so complex and pervasive without removing or downgrading something else. You cannot.

Most people have no clue what is involved in making a game engine. I do. Some. I have worked in the industry just enough to know it was NOT for me.

Most people have no clue about limitations, constraints or reasonable choices. They want what they want and they want it NOW.

This game has more promise to it than any 3 or 4 others I have played recently. Certainly more than most F2P games put together! So yes, I get annoyed when people say 'Oh lets add 'X' because it might be cool.' Yes, it MIGHT be cool. Or it might destroy the game completely.

If people screaming about PvP destroy this game as some of them wish, that would be a very sad day in computer gaming.

Some guy you are..