Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I The Only One That Thinks 'drakgoon' Is An Awful Name?

Luminati07

That's beside the point. What matters is that they are entirely new words that sound like something the Grineer would say.

You seem to be missing the pattern with the other Grineer weapons. They're something that the grineer would say, but they're also something that the players can pronounce smoothly. Drakgoon is the first to break this pattern, for any weapon in this game (and perhaps any game that I've played).

You seem to be missing the pattern with the other Grineer weapons. They're something that the grineer would say, but they're also something that the players can pronounce smoothly. Drakgoon is the first to break this pattern, for any weapon in this game (and perhaps any game that I've played).

I can say Drakgoon perfectly fine. You just have channel your inner Klingon.

I can say Drakgoon perfectly fine. You just have channel your inner Klingon.

We can all say Drakgoon perfectly fine. It just doesn't flow well with our accents, and it doesn't feel at all natural unless we say it in the Grineer accent or in an accent where the lack of flow doesn't matter (whereas we can say Vulkar and Grakata and Karak in our normal tones; words which sound obviously foreign but don't have any physical "flow" issues).

Edited by SortaRandom

And DE should conform to your accent... why exactly?

...Because they share it? As does the majority of the population of the playerbase?

Are you suggesting that they're tailoring the game for our Grineer population?

Edited by SortaRandom

...Because they share it? As does the majority of the population of the playerbase?

Are you suggesting that they're tailoring the game for our Grineer population?

Yes, when designing Grineer weapons!

Immersion and all that.

Edited by Brimir

Yes, when designing Grineer weapons!

Immersion and all that.

Which brings us right back to the OP's point-- it's a Grineer name, but it should flow well when spoken by the players (as every other Grineer weapon's name does).

Other Grineer weapons flow. Why shouldn't this one?

No, really. Why?

Because

a. Most other Grineer weapons were made when the Grineer spoke English, not Grineer...ish. That is why they have proper English names like Kraken or Gorgon.

b. Darkgoon flows just fine.

Because

a. Most other Grineer weapons were made when the Grineer spoke English, not Grineer...ish. That is why they have proper English names like Kraken or Gorgon.

b. Darkgoon flows just fine.

a. ...what? That's like saying that Ancients should have Corpus-like characteristics because they used to be giant mutated crewmen. Placeholder files have nothing to do with lore.

b. Not according to the majority of this thread, it doesn't.

a. ...what? That's like saying that Ancients should have Corpus-like characteristics because they used to be giant mutated crewmen. Placeholder files have nothing to do with lore.

b. Not according to the majority of this thread, it doesn't.

a. It is not rocket science. Read what I wrote again.

b. Draahk-ghoon(emphasis on the K), easy to say and very Grineer in nature.

Edited by Brimir

a. It is not rocket science. Read what I wrote again.

b. Draahk-ghoon(emphasis on the K), easy to say and very Grineer in nature.

a. Ah, my mistake. Still doesn't change the fact that other Grineerish(?) weapons (Vulkar, Stug, Karak) flow perfectly fine.

b. Of course it's going to flow perfectly fine if you say it with a silent g. The clash of the two letters is why there's an interrupt when you try to pronounce them both in the first place.

Other than avoiding the flow issues of the word, there is no reason to arbitrarily silence the g.