Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heavy Caliber On The Karak...

Ransurias

last i checked, Karak has very similar accuracy and spread as the Soma, and since many people use heavy caliber on Soma, im guessing it would work pretty well in Karak as well. but it does take away the ability to snipe with it, that's for sure.

You know, assault rifles are made for assaults, and snipers to snipe. Not both.

This is how I'm building mine so far: http://i.imgur.com/rarzHVn.jpg

With this build, it has virtually no recoil and still does extremely well on long distances. The lowered fire rate from Vile Precision makes it easier to control ammo consumption and to actually make sure your shots hit their target. I'm not sure Wildfire is worth it yet, but the idea was to add a little extra magazine capacity so that pop firing can be kept up for a little longer without reloading.

Edited by Zorex

Rupture? Why would you add +30% of one of the three damage types and not say.. Hellfire for a much higher damage increase?

Just a result of not having enough cap for Hellfire at the time I modded it. I would indeed put Hellfire on now.

Edited by Zorex

Has anyone experimented with it? I'd like an additional, all-round damage mod to complement my serration, but I don't know to what extent the Karak can take the accuracy hit.

I have a max ranked heavy caliber and a multiple forma karak.

The accuracy hit by a maxed rank heavy caliber keeps it useable without irritation. It just lowers it's effective range by a bit, but It still is an effective weapon when used under 20 meters. When used over 20 meters  it might just waste a little more ammo, but the shots that do land hit more than hard enough to make up for the accuracy lost.

It's takes heavy caliber somewhat better than soma because it doesn't have wind up time and it is easier to burst fire it.

Edited by LazyKnight

You know, assault rifles are made for assaults, and snipers to snipe. Not both.

Depends on the rifle... There are some rifles that are in real life that can do both, but since we are dealing with CQB, and rooms we cannot test the full effectiveness of sniperrifles since the rooms are no more than 200-300 meters across on average. As most rifles that are in real life, have a much longer effectiveness, and cant hit up to 600 to 800 meters. Since this game is "futuristic" the range should be much longer.

As for the topic here? HC isnt that bad on it, gives that extra kick to it, and helps take things down faster.

and shotgun is for...shotting, and bow is for bowing?

shotguns are for brain blowing. And bows are for laughs. Everyone knows that. 

Heavy Caliber works well on bullet hoses. Get more bang for that buck, always nice. Especially if you don't want to mess around with your elemental set up. 

say you want to have the damage output of four elements, but want to use a single type instead of a second combo, it's really handy.