Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Galactic Conquest

Ribboz

Anyone else ever play Star Wars Battle Front's galactic conquest? I think this sort of setup could work for warframe.

First off, I'm not saying replace anything.

-You and a team fly off to a randomly generated solar system with 6-9 planets and one node on each planet.

-You fight each node and the other factions(again randomly generated faction strengths) attack a cleared nodes.

-Back and forth clear some and they take some back. Till eventually you clear them all or maybe their home base?

-Keep it like a half an hour or hour AT MAX.

This was my favorite part of battlefront and I think it would work with warframe's setup. Controlling the spread of a faction by wiping them off the map. Then having them come back and sneak around taking territory back. It would be fun. The hardest part would be keeping within a reasonable play time. 

What do you guys think? :D

Here is a rough example: (I made this as requested by Archistopheles)(go easy one me it was quick)

ConquestExample_zps619b2b85.png

This is the most simplistic example I could think of.

This is randomly generated solar system. With random names and random number of planets with random enemy factions.

Here is a possible scenario of gameplay:

-The Boss planet(E) is their home base and its the final goal of the Galactic conquest.

-You begin on planet A with a full assault Which could be a big extermination mission. Node A cleared!

-Next you attack planet B and similar Exterminate or sabotage.

-I think attack missions should be only these two since it implies total death of the enemy.

-Next we have a choice between C or D.

-Attacking D first will mean a larger enemy force being closer to their home world

-Attacking C will lessen their overall forces but risks planet B being captured.

-If they capture B it will grow their overall force strength.

-We attack C!

-During our attack on planet C they began their attack on planet B.

-To defend the planet we play a defense or mobile defense mission on planet B.

-Now we have capture A, B, and C.

-We then attack D!

-Since D is a choke point they can't get past us and just we are blocking them from B and C

-We took planet D!

-Now with only the final planet left we face a huge force PLUS a huge Boss fight.

-Since we defeated all their other planets their forces are smaller than what they were.

-Victory! We win stuff!? Haha

-And with a safe solar system we leave with a job well done.

This is just the first thing to come to my head. I was really just thinking something similar to Star Wars battle front. That sort of gameplay could really work for warframe. It doesn't require a plot. Just jumping node to node fighting and controlling territory. So it has some elements of strategy gameplay in choosing the nodes to attack/protect and the core warframe experience we already have in each mission. I really think it could work. :D

What do you all think?

It would be quite interesting! Makes me think of the solar map back in March/April, when I thought that the solar system I was seeing could well be a stepping stone to other solar systems. Terminus and Outer Terminus, those were particularly suggestive.

I was very disappointed when I learned that the solar system was IT, all we had. The Voids were just a band-aid on my pain.

Edited by Omegaboot

It would be quite interesting! Makes me think of the solar map back in March/April, when I thought that the solar system I was seeing could well be a stepping stone to other solar systems. Terminus and Outer Terminus, those were particularly suggestive.

I was very disappointed when I learned that the solar system was IT, all we had. The Voids were just a band-aid on my pain.

Yep. The funnest part for me was charging through the solar system taking down nodes. At first I felt like I was destroying this larger force. But now at end game I feel like I accomplished nothing. The Stalker hates us. The Corpus are growing strong and stronger. They capture us, tear us apart and then sick their Harvester on us built from our fallen brethren.

I really REALLY wanna join the Stalker. I don't trust the Lotus at all anymore. The corpus and grineer are the current human race. How is it our right to murder them?

I would love it if in this game the plot is something like:

-Start out as tenno with no memory and follow the Lotus

-Clear all the nodes on the map/kill everyone

-Given the choice to join the stalker or stay with the Lotus.

Concepts of good and evil are boring. I want the grey perspectives. I want to join the side I believe in.

GIVE ME THE STALKER! :D (Wow I went off the rails here sorry haha)

Edited by Ribboz

This can be a bit interesting. The current Invasion mission made to keep the game a bit live is fun, but can be better. A conquest approach is not very linear and can heighten the pace of an actual invasion(EDIT: so long as its not too fast a pace because of each players' faction preference in fighting which faction), like if we had X amount of hrs to keep faction control of Y node at Z status then Y node leads to option A,B, and C (not on-chart abc, just player thoughts)and then fight fight fight-- BAM our choices as a community affects the conditions of the BOSS node. Like if the boss node is Vor and Y was kept at Z status long enough, it's now either easier or harder to beat him cuz of either lv changed from choices or reinforcement changes due our choices(I keep saying our choice, but I mean as a community). EDIT: Then the infested being wildcards get to do their thing and show the tenno some love... and love hurts... and they love the tenno and others a lot.

The current 5 fights per node and then wait for the bar to empty or fill can use some action.

Edited by WarGrylls

The current 5 fights per node and then wait for the bar to empty or fill can use some action.

I Hate the 5 or 3 mission repeats. I hope its done away with entirely. I enjoy the change up of factions taking over territory. But I just wanna do the mission once and be done with it. 3-5 times is just a pain(for such little reward).

• 1 month later...

Lol mixing Star Wars Battlefront with Invasion Operations I see... I just want the AI to follow you more and faster and be more USEFUL. They die so quickly compared the opposite faction. Even if you switch factions they still suck. And if one part is actually getting hard for you and you need help cause no other Tenno is there. Its so annoying when they dont follow you and just sit there guarding nothing...