Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Is Better? Sobek Or Drakgoon?

Tony4580

I went back to using the Sobek instead of the Drakgoon because it seemed to be doing less damage than the Sobek using the same mods. I'm thinking about giving it another test run with a few different mods, but again, the Sobek seemed to work out for me considering I can one-shot most anything, save for Heavy Gunners, Infested Ancients and Fusion Moas. The Drakgoon has similar power but slightly less with the mods I used.

edit: Drakgoon has an easy advantage of range.

Edited by DeceitfulShade

Sobek is for close quarters with its fast fire rate and good damage, not to mention it has a 15% chance to proc and a 10% chance to critical. Before the drakgoon I would say that the sobek was the best shotgun due to the critical and proc chances.

The drakgoon on the other hand has a 10% chance to critical and a 10% chance to proc which isn't that much worse then the sobek, the main redeeming factor of the drakgoon is that there is no dropoff on damage over time, you will have to deal with lower damage (in terms of dps) and travel time compared to the sobek, but the drakgoon will be far more ammo efficient and will last longer in missions because of the charge mechanic.

The projectiles will also bounce once after hitting enemies for the regular shot which can be spammed really fast but not as fast as the auto firing of the sobek. The drakgoons charge attack has punch-through already so you don't need to add seeking force if you are planning a charged build.

Hard to say which one is better, but I would say if you like being close to enemies choose the sobek, if you like being a little bit farther away choose the drakgoon.

Edited by Cranial_Enigma

Sobek is rawly impact damage so that shotgun is best for corpus and decent for infested with the right modding. Drakgoon is mainly slash damage so its really good at clearing infested and with the right modding a force to recond with towards corpus.

Either way you can't go wrong on either, if you like something with a high rate of fire then Sobek.

If you are looking for a close ranged shredder that can double up as a longranged launcher then Drakgoon is a more suitable shotgun.

If you'd like to know more about damage 2.0 and how to build the most effective weapon for a faction go visit Warframe Wiki or PM me (if that is possible for non moderators and adminstrators)

Sobek is probably better because of the massive magazine and good rate of fire. This makes it modular vs enemies. You can kill tough things with several rounds, or easy things with one shot, or dump a mag in something really spongy. The reload is long, but you don't always have to reload it in combat. You may finish a skirmish with rounds to spare and reload while traveling before the next one begins.

Drakgoon would still be my choice. If I wanted the Sobek's bonuses I'd be using an assault rifle. The Drakgoon is more fun, creates more gameplay and is more flexible. 

• 2 months later...

Drakgoon also has punch-through on charged attacks, which basically gives you a free mod. It suffers basically no penalty for using Vicious Spread to boot. It's got higher damage per shot so is a lot more ammo efficient as well.