Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Stealth Mechanic Ideas

spysweeper242

1) Drag: Press X on a dead enemy to drag somewhere so no more enemies go into there pre-alert mode.

2) Distractions: Lets say a grineer is doing that thing where they stand in front of a door endlessly. Just shoot a container behind them and this makes them inspect it. Also there are lights on the ceiling which you can break to be less visible to the enemies eye.

3) More maneuvers: First you can hind behind cover like an enemy by pressing X while crouching next to a wall about the size of you crouching. You can be peak in and out to get shots in without notice. Hang: Press X  on a ledge to hold on to it. This takes lots of stamina so dont do it for to long.

4)Override: Get behind a control console and you can see a map of the room with switches where doors are. You can flip these to open and close doors, thus allowing you to kill off the whole room unnoticed.

Thoughts? Constructive criticism? Feedback?

I guess this is after the stealth should punish/ reward players thread. I like that you're going out of your way to improve the current "stealth system".

So here's some feedback on each suggestion:

1) extremely interesting, we would need a place to hide all those dead bodies. Kind of reminds me of another game.

2) would be a great feature allowing for stealth to be bigger and better. Though as someone mentioned the AI would have to be a lot more complex and well designed for this. Spotting radius is a weird thing, line of sight may (or may not) work better compared to that.

3) this one I'm not so thrilled about. I feel like I'll be spammed with a lot of "press x to hide and cover" when walking past small objects.

4) doors are already killing mobs and players randomly, instant killing too. I like that you suggested locking down a room since they can do it to you. They would then have to panic and run to the nearest control panel without worry about Tenno stabbing them in their backs while doing it.

Edited by Verryn

I'm not sure about the actual mechanics involved but I love the idea of having stealth being a viable play style as it currently is not. 

1: Bodies disappear quick enough that this is unnecessary and I have yet to have any enemy alerted to my presence by walking up on a dead body. Gun shots/explosions (even fired in an empty room) will most certainly trigger the enemies to be on alert and expect your coming.

2: I love this idea and thought of it, myself. Though not really a problem for me (Ash user), it would make a world of difference for the non-stealth oriented. It would be difficult to make happen as the AI would need much enhancement and tile sets would have to be destructable (to a greater degree) and by all weapon types (as if w/o a silent alternative, the players melee would have to be used).

3: These are all great. I especially like the cliff hanging, but the stamina used should be within reason (you are wearing a super, ninja-soldier suit).

4: I like this idea too and it has many other applications. It just got me thinking as to the underwhelming used of the control consoles. We hack in every mission but have special mission where we deliver a drive to the enemy mainframe and the Lotus does the rest. But what about us? Can't we get a richer experience with this aspect of the game? Hacking to close a door would be a neat yet small tweak that could change gameplay a good deal. Being able to close a door and recover or just get away, would be clutch. Enemies could then be forced to call reinforcements (Bombards/Scorches, etc) to break the door down. Or (combining stealth play) you could send an Ash/Loki into a room to bypass all the enemies so they can lock the door on the other side of the room so the battle won't be heard/escape the single area (essentially picking your battles). I wont even get into capture missions as it's obvious. There are some really fun ideas here. 

Edited by (PS4)GR13V4NC3

I think one thing that would help most for stealth play would be for aggro to reset if you're seen. It's really frustrating that you can't backstab enemies after you've been seen once. I also would very much love to see stealth rewards. One game I really like as an example for stealth reward would be Splinter Cell: Blacklist.

I think one thing that would help most for stealth play would be for aggro to reset if you're seen. It's really frustrating that you can't backstab enemies after you've been seen once. I also would very much love to see stealth rewards. One game I really like as an example for stealth reward would be Splinter Cell: Blacklist.

AGREED! Triggering the alarms should make stealth much harder but not impossible, just cause they're looking for you doesn't mean they can't be surprised. This and if there are multiple enemies close together (like they sometime gather on patrol) and you have a multiple target hitting weapon (or dual weapons), all should be assassinate-able, fluidly.

Edited by (PS4)GR13V4NC3

IDEA: If a alarm goes off you can intercept it and turn it off in 13 seconds before the ship knows your presence.

I had this idea too. But it was more of being able to destroy the consoles/terminals or even short them (Volt or electric weapon). I think the amount of time it takes for the alerted enemy to type in the code and activate the alarm is time enough.

Stealth based sniper and pistol that instantly disintegrates bodies on death blow. Less likely to alert. No dragging nonsense in a fast game.

Melee ceiling crawl tool. Cloaks you and slowly uses stamina. Critical drop-down attack.

More random level elements. Steam pipes in grineer ships. Silenced gun shoot pipe. Steam and noise. Attracts units and lowers their visibility/accuracy for a time after exiting cloud. Effects yourself as well. Good for stealth and general play.

Plasma conduits in corpus ships. Shock shutdown mechanical units. Stun hurt crewmen. Grey healthbar mechanical units. Can hack to turn them friendly or just blow them up us as crewmen could reactivate them quickly.

High branch logs in forest tile. Silent shoot to drop and stealth kill units as enemy units wont alert to "natural" death. Same with boulders in desert tiles.

Fire maps shouldn't auto alert to tenno. Special damage control units should be added for these particular maps.

Some should be too busy with fires to notice you if in corpus. Like civilian moa who douses fire adds steam and lowers visibility to crewmen and you not to combat Anti boarding moa who have shield lancer like front energy shields they will drop to shoot.

Grineer fire teams consist of mainly special Regulators. And rarely a flesh target who would run like a capture target if you are spotted to alert Anti boarding teams. Like a Shield Lancer brigade with heavier weapons.

Edited by Firetempest

Stealth based sniper and pistol that instantly disintegrates bodies on death blow. Less likely to alert. No dragging nonsense in a fast game.

Melee ceiling crawl tool. Cloaks you and slowly uses stamina. Critical drop-down attack.

More random level elements. Steam pipes in grineer ships. Silenced gun shoot pipe. Steam and noise. Attracts units and lowers their visibility/accuracy for a time after exiting cloud. Effects yourself as well. Good for stealth and general play.

Plasma conduits in corpus ships. Shock shutdown mechanical units. Stun hurt crewmen. Grey healthbar mechanical units. Can hack to turn them friendly or just blow them up us as crewmen could reactivate them quickly.

High branch logs in forest tile. Silent shoot to drop and stealth kill units as enemy units wont alert to "natural" death. Same with boulders in desert tiles.

Fire maps shouldn't auto alert to tenno. Special damage control units should be added for these particular maps.

Some should be too busy with fires to notice you if in corpus. Like civilian moa who douses fire adds steam and lowers visibility to crewmen and you not to combat Anti boarding moa who have shield lancer like front energy shields they will drop to shoot.

Grineer fire teams consist of mainly special Regulators. And rarely a flesh target who would run like a capture target if you are spotted to alert Anti boarding teams. Like a Shield Lancer brigade with heavier weapons.

+1. Well done. I like the incorporation of environmental aspects. The Ceiling Crawl is an absolute must!

I also thought you can lose enemies by going into a room and faking them out, making them think it was just there imagination, thus leaving you undetected.

A threat/ detection mechanic would be cool, so If you can loose their attention-like the cops from gta- you can get off their radar! :)

speaking of that, they should have weight sounds. Like Rhino makes the loudest running sound while loki makes the most quite running sound.

They are more likely to notice a rhino then a loki. Why not go assassins creed 3 and jump in crates, open lockers and other hollow objects.  

speaking of that, they should have weight sounds. Like Rhino makes the loudest running sound while loki makes the most quite running sound.

They are more likely to notice a rhino then a loki. Why not go assassins creed 3 and jump in crates, open lockers and other hollow objects.  

so they have different ranges for detection!!! YEees zis is brillliant!*medic voice* why IS NOT NOT READY