The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Can't Split Chamber Just Have 100% Multishot Maxed Out Already?

lMasterBetal

OCD mode activate.

yes. 

besides, 90% is crap considering every other weapon type has more. and it's almost 100% already, 'Deeps' will barely go up at all. all that will go up is the reliability of peoples' Weapons. they'll be able to rely on them. i want to be able to rely on my Weapons.

Yeah, rifle mods are underpowered enough, let's just make it reliable. It doesn't matter for rapid-fire weapons, but for single fire weapons, you may fire once where it DOESN'T multi-shot and you've already looked away before realizing that the enemy didn't die like you expected...and you have to pan back over and shoot them again...It's just inconvenient

Yeah, rifle mods are underpowered enough, let's just make it reliable. It doesn't matter for rapid-fire weapons, but for single fire weapons, you may fire once where it DOESN'T multi-shot and you've already looked away before realizing that the enemy didn't die like you expected...and you have to pan back over and shoot them again...It's just inconvenient

Absolutely 100% this.

Every shot with slow Sniper-type weapons on high-leveled enemies has a 10% chance of dealing half damage, with no way to avoid it. That's just kicking them while they're down. Having a 10% chance to magically not kill your enemy with a Sniper is just bad design on DE's part.

To more SOMA damage yeah? lol...

If they buffed split chamber to 100% it would be a fairly even buff to all rifles that can use it. Its not like a buff to critical chance or critical damage mods that would solely increase the power of a select few weapons. 

I do not see how an additional 10% chance of a multi shot occurrence could possible be overpowered. It would mainly be a quality of life buff to eliminate that 10% chance that only 1 shot was fired when two were needed.

If they buffed split chamber to 100% it would be a fairly even buff to all rifles that can use it. Its not like a buff to critical chance or critical damage mods that would solely increase the power of a select few weapons. 

I do not see how an additional 10% chance of a multi shot occurrence could possible be overpowered. It would mainly be a quality of life buff to eliminate that 10% chance that only 1 shot was fired when two were needed.

This.

If the rifles' damage is such a huge issue, then nerf Serration by a bit to compensate. Same final damage, infinitely more reliability.

I agree with this completely. The 10% thats off really throws me through a loop sometimes.

To more SOMA damage yeah? lol...

%90 is ok with rifles. They should drop Pistol version of this mod to %100.

Seriously? A global buff to ALL rifles would put it into the exact same place as before tier wise. 

Agreed. Besides it's a small buff to rifles when pistols are far better anyway.

This needs more +1s.

For all the times I've shot a bow with split chamber and only got 1 arrow

Cost me so many stealth runs. It's bad enough that they're not rewarding; the fact that they're artificially difficult to do because of the 10% chance to do half-damage on sniper-types is just a kick in the shin.

How about make multishot do 100% chance  per level but reduces damage by 30% per level= 600% chance to multishot with -180% damage, turning all weapons into shot guns. hah that would be funny.

In all seriousness, multishot should really cap at 60%, give it some randomness like crit chance, and not make it a must have mod.. all though at 60% it still is a must have...

Edited by MindlessWar

• 5 weeks later...

We definitely need it at 100%.  As others have stated not getting that second bullet against a heavy grineer gunner is terrible.  Those things can put out some nasty DPS and the Pride of Vectis is being able to quickly switch between face shotting them.  Even with that considered, not getting the 2 bullets ruins things big time. 

Same can be said for launchers and bows.  As things are Launchers can simply stack enough mods so that you won't need multishot until way later than Snipers and Bows, but still once you get to a certain level you realize your being gimped by that 10% and sometimes it can mean the mission.

If you realy want to put it at 110% or 105% just to keep up the randomness fine.  You can even add 10% to all my reload times or something crazy but 90% multishot?  C'mon...go do some survival with a bow, launcher, or sniper and tell me that's not a pain in the &#!.