Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revert Quick Thinking (Please :3)

-dicht.ThanksFrost-

So, after the Quick Thinking balance update a few months ago, I felt that would be necessary to just give my two cents on whether or not the position that DE took for this mod was good or bad. Thus to begin, im just going to flat out say that this was a mishandled situation that should have been addressed in a different way. And I will explain why.

First of all, most people believe that Quick Thinking and Rage combination was overpowered and "unfair" although one has to consider that this is a 2x rare mod combination. Actually, Rage is not EXTREMELY rare but Quick Thinking is. Whether a player got it on his first run out of pure luck is one thing, but actually going for it is something else. Hence in my case, it took me 10 days of credit farming, void hunting and transmutation just to finally get it. And that is because it's not only in the void (at the time keys were rarer) but it only dropped by orokin ancients, one of the least frequent enemies in the game, also balancing out the fact that RNG was a huge scam back then adds to the frustration, So for the rarity of both mods, it was worth it. The rarity decreased at the Trading Update, (and that might have been one of the reason why it got balanced), but a simple solution to that would have been to restrict that mod for trading, just like what you guys did for the event exclusive ones.

The Balance completely ruined this mod. And i never use it even on my weaker frames any more. For those who don't know what the balance actually is allow me to explain:

Before QT would take all of your energy multiply it by 240% and convert it back to health upon death (making me super strong) though that was not always the case endgame. But, when you came back you would get stunned so there were implications.

Now it just treats your energy bar just like another health bar, think of it as an upgraded vigor for only health. As you get hit your energy bar would go down. BUT the STUN IS STILL THERE. So for every point of damage you would take it would stun you. Think of it like Halo:Reach armour lock, sure you are invincible for a short period of time but you cannot move at all.

Another kind of player who complained about this mod was the conclavers. (you know because all the other imbalances weren't that important). How is it unfair that I am using the mod that I faithfully earned through hard work and play time in conclave. It's the spoils of war my friends, deal with it. The mod was obviously designed for PvE not PvP so to solve this and not make the conclave players cry like up roaring children just ban the mod from conclave and only allow it in private games and dojo matches.

As for the people who said it was too OP, well im sorry that the mod I earned buffed my ember so much that I was able to save people multiple times (due to the absence of a healer) while still doing damage on the battlefield. Or how i made my frost super quick and invincible so he can be useful on attacking missions and heal people in situation where no other player would dare to reach. I always used my QT to help my team in PvE and it was disappointing when it got patched because now my ember dies 24/7 and has almost no effect on the field and now i have to think twice when there a guy downed and surrounded by many enemies.

Speaking of which B4 the patch there were many implications to the Qt + Rage combo, it took a lot of mod space space, you were unable to cast on the verge of death, you cant cast at all when ur energy is restored and you were still killable via high dps weapons and 1 hit casting. 

In general I am fed up of all of these "nerfs". "UGH nerf the brakk, the acrid, the this and that" guys its PvE who cares if someone has a more OP gun/ mod than you it not like he's killing you if anything he's helping the team. Instead of crying about weapon patches about we convince DE to add more endgame content you know to actually make the game much better than it ever was. Nerfing thing wont improve the game, but the community is so bent on balance that they completely disregard what is truly important about warframe and that's making the game a much more enticing experience with more content and creativity. 

For the rarity of the mod, it's not even worth getting any more. The point of getting something rare is not only for bragging rights but to be rewarded with some sort of power that not many other players can get their hands on that the point of a RARE mod. But not it's useless, I completely removed it from all my classes because the stun and the way it functions is just plain unfair for the rarity of the mod. So I ask if you please just pus restrictions on it for PvP and trading and just change back to the way it was before, many people would appreciate it and I can be 10x more useful just like before.

As a quick response, to "who cares if something is OP since it's PvE" (paraphrase, not quote)...Well, personally I do and I think that there are many problems with the balance in this game that get me burnt out and cause me to get bored with this game (my latest reinvigoration to play this game didn't last more then like 3 days, which I had waited for three updates of content first) but all of these changes still lean on the side of making the game too easy. But that's beside the point, this is about QT.

I don't agree with the stunlock it gives you nor do I agree with things getting nerfed due to PvP (especially since they kept saying how this wasn't a PvP game and they were never going to release PvP...About one month before actually doing it, personally I hope they keep true to not changing the game due to it and for the most part it seems like they haven't.) I don't think QT was nerfed because of PvP, I think it was nerfed because it makes you pretty much invincible, as you said you are suddenly constantly dying...Well, that's because you're used to going rambo and having no penalty simply because of that combo you have why should the non tank frames have the ability to do this? That's ridiculous, something that support frames shouldn't do IMO.

As for the way they approached the fix I disagree, maybe reduce the efficiency of the trade off so rage gives you slightly less energy and eventually make it so that you're going to die, but stunlock is never a good solution and imo is the most annoying/fun destroying method to balance a game. 

This is a really flawed way of thinking.

You need balance in any game to promote choice, there are very few games that can get away with being unbalanced, but that is because of the specific interactions between game elements (usually in PvP games predominately), not just because they are fun. Warframe doesn't have this luxury as opposed to something like chess(high level play), you need balance in this game to make sure the game succeeds. 

Eliminating the meaning of many choices with permanent invincibility for two slots in a warframe is dumb. End of story.

Also as a side note. Balance isn't out to "get you and your X", it is there to make sure choices are viable and meaningful. Also, you would be surprised to know that balance doesn't just encompass power level, it encompasses much more then that. I fail to see why somebody would hate game balance in a game that uses it.

Yes it was OP, it was an exploit... But at the same time, considering Trinity with max duration mods it was kinda balanced (speaks volume of this game overall balance lol)

Yes it got nerfed to ground, its useless now, I never equip it. 

Yes stunlocks suck. 

There should be a middle ground. If its a 1-time thing it should give you CC immunity so you could get your way out to a safer place (but still what will you do with 2 health and no energy left? maybe team-health restore will help a bit, except its too slow).

Yes it was OP, it was an exploit... But at the same time, considering Trinity with max duration mods it was kinda balanced (speaks volume of this game overall balance lol)

Yes it got nerfed to ground, its useless now, I never equip it. 

Yes stunlocks suck. 

There should be a middle ground. If its a 1-time thing it should give you CC immunity so you could get your way out to a safer place (but still what will you do with 2 health and no energy left? maybe team-health restore will help a bit, except its too slow).

I think the devs tried to work around with this with the no-stagger-from-small-damage thing. Crappy-&#! bandaid if I ever saw one; they should've just prevented QT from triggering a stagger in the first place without affecting the rest of the game.

I think they should just make it so that you're immune to staggers and knockback while your Health is at 2. Maybe give your Frame a glow of a "you're-in-critical-danger" sort of color to tell you that you're in that state.

Edited by SortaRandom

Rage not extremely rare? I was one of the first people to discover it when it first came out, and I haven't found another one since then.

Rng may also hate me though....

RNG is hating you. I must have gotten 10 or so and I'm one of the unluckiest people ever. (200 runs for ONE Orthos Prime Blade? Yeah, okay)

Anyways, OP, if you were to multiply 300 or 450 by 240% (2.4x), you'd get 720 or 1080, which gives you that much health. I wasn't around when QT was first implemented, so idk if it can exceed your max health or not, but if it CAN'T then, well, that'd actually be UP (QT alone).

See, it's just a "health bar" now, but the old version would give you that much health anyways, so it's still "just a health bar", except you can also pick up health orbs to stop the energy drain, or energy orbs if you have Equilibrium. I like this new form of "Mana Shield" because it allows you to combo with many other things.

But yeah, QT (old) + Rage = F that broken bs.

Throw qt and rage into your pile of uselsss mods... Intruder.... Thiefs wit... etc etc

You're just those kinds of people that I'm meant to hate, right? How dare you call Thief's Wit, new QT, and Rage useless >:C

Intruder though, we can all agree on that garbage.

Edited by Polarthief

• 2 weeks later...

The reason why it was OP was because it only used 2 mod slots while other similarly powerful combos required 4 or more.  That and obviously in Conclave PvP where you start with no energy, it was insanely powerful due to the fact that you are essentially invincible there with it.

Now, I don't agree with HOW they nerfed it, but I do agree with the nerf.

Personally, they should've buffed the card to be more powerful in exchange with the nerf they did.  Otherwise, (opinion),  they should have simply altered the effects to something more like shield flux and have it regenerate your health using your energy after your health goes under a certain amount (in other words, no longer a heal but a regeneration)