Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee 2.0 Wont Work If....

Zoliru

Kids, let me tall ya how long time ago our masters DE promised us heavens with "DMG 2.0". We were promised miracles and happines. But they took their time to make that system while we fed medicore weapons which were S#&$. But wisemen kept telling us - "Just wait! DMG 2.0 will be our saviour! Have faith!". So we waited but when the promised day has come it was a disaster. And after the raging winds of death calmed down we were scatered and lost.

Grinners were laughing at us because we had no Corrosive weapons, Corpus were laughing at us cause we had no proper Impact guns and Magnetic sucked. Tennos were miserable once again (some of the older ones remember when one day round mods turned into uselss fusion cores and mighty and powerfull warriors lost they power and became like just fledged out rookies).

And now we hear same chants - "Melee 2.0 will save us! It will save us all!" dont trust the false prophet people, dont trust the false prophet anymore...

Feel this is relevant.

2013-03-25_00037.jpg

Am i the only one who uses melee regularly nowdays? O.o

(even against lvl 40+)

Too bad only the charge attack of some weapons is viable against lvl 25+.

But for people like me who prefer the normal attack, lvl 25 is the limit (unless it's infested).

Anyway, normal attack build outperforms (in total kills) pretty much any gun up untill lvl 25. That's why I only use melee untill that level. And to be honest, I'd be happy with just a "multi-swing" mod for the melee weapons. But I'm really looking forward to the Melee 2.0!

I wonder if people will end up using the Deflection mod after this? Fully upgraded, that mod sends 96% of blocked damage back at the target. Flying headlong at a wall of Grineer could have amusing results.

I will literally cry with joy if the parry function is good enough to reliably do this in melee 2.0.

damage will not be the crucial part of the melee rework, forms of crowd control will be, just like the complete lack of 'em is the biggest problem for melee right now/since u11.

it's amazing how many seem to have forgotten that each and every sword used to stagger infested, each and every blunt weapon/dagger used to stagger grineer (oh, and cold damage applied to everything? yeah...) - all that was guaranteed so that you didn't have to take all the melee hits from all the enemies surrounding you. sure, the damage had never been up to that of primaries/secondaries (well, not never but not since the new mod system/u7) but at least you didn't die to more than 2 or 3 enemies in melee *gasp* at  once...

the melee rework should probably include stuff like grineer/corpus dealing reduced ranged damage and additional friendly fire when shooting into melee, not throwing grenades at their own comrades, staggers and knock downs, stuff like that, blocking being finally useable (looooong after releasing tons of blocking related mods...) and so on.

Edited by SlyBoots

from behind ? from up ? from the side ? deflect flamethrowers ? and rockets ? what if they knock you down ? or pull you in ?

or instakilled by rockets.....

Whether you are melee, or even using a gun, its a no brainier that you should dodge rockets.

"We'll what happens if there are multiple rockets"

Again, common sense.  Don't melee when that happens.

You shouldn't be invincible when meleeing.

I know this game is unrealistic, but don't take away tactics and strategy

Edited by Spinner187

DE don't buff the DMG of all the melee weapons

you can add as many animations and combos as you want but nobody will use it if they can do the same or even more dmg from safe distance behind covers.....

also Highlevel enemies taking our shields down in seconds if we go in melee how that will be fixed ???

O really! My Dakra Prime has been slicing and dicing up enemies as high as lvl 48. Higher than that the RoF dmg isn't strong enough.