Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee 2.0 Wont Work If....

Zoliru

DE don't buff the DMG of all the melee weapons

you can add as many animations and combos as you want but nobody will use it if they can do the same or even more dmg from safe distance behind covers.....

also Highlevel enemies taking our shields down in seconds if we go in melee how that will be fixed ???

Edited by Zoliru

you can add as many animations and combos as you want but nobody will use it if they can do the same or even more dmg from safe distance behind covers.....

Nobody high end uses cover anyway.

also Highlevel enemies taking our shields down in seconds if we go in melee how that will be fixed ???

The community would recommend that you just Rhino and Iron Skin/Loki and Invis/Ash and Smoke Bomb.

Edited by AureusVulpes

DE, specifically DE_Geoff said in livestream 20 they're buffed melee damage across the board.

as for high level enemy taking down shields too quickly, i think DE is ATTEMPTING to fix that with a parrying system, also mentioned in livestream 20.

Parry mechanics could help reduce the high level enemies taking down shields, if they do add the ability to equip melee then it would be logical for that to be when parry and, especially, autoparry kicks in and that should definitely help.

they already said they're adding "equiping melee", to have your melee out, instead of just a quick swing then sheath again.

but i dont believe i agree with autoparrying being useful even after parry is useful, since auto parry is based on chance, the BELOVED RNG, AND it takes away control from the player. besides a good player should be able to parry reliably anyway.

edit:typo.

Edited by leonvision

I still have this feeling that it will not work and barely anyone will go melee......

I just can't imagen it with the amount of Grips/pulls/knockdowns and enemies few hitting 1k shields.

parry ? that's all ? what you gonna do you go in start parrying while getting killed from behind while you also not doing any dmg bicous your parrying..........

Edited by Zoliru

Nobody high end uses cover anyway.

The community would recommend that you just Rhino and Iron Skin/Loki and Invis/Ash and Smoke Bomb.

What kind of high end are you talking about? In high end you get one shot, regardless of Iron Skin being up. Loki would be the much better option.

How about you keep calm and drink tea ??? That will solve the problem.

Am i the only one who uses melee regularly nowdays? O.o

(even against lvl 40+)

Nope you arent. :-P

I usually go frost on orokin derelict defense when a friend of mine want to mutagen farm or just have some fun. he goes on nekros. I put up snowglobe ontop of defense objective and then both of us just run around it doing charge attacks with a galatine while hes spamming desecrate.

In later waves tho then melee gets harder due to toxin ancients beginning to hurt with their silly toxin aoe but we usually dont have any trouble for the first 25 waves just running around in a circle within the snowglobe and meleeing anything. :-)

Despite this I still see what the OP is on about. the infested arent really ranged so those are easier to handle with melee. its when you come to the higher leveled melee mobs you will usually need some other incentive to get close to them.

There's gonna be combos anyway they shwed some animation at last's year livestream.

from behind ? from up ? from the side ? deflect flamethrowers ? and rockets ? what if they knock you down ? or pull you in ?

I think they'll make it so you can deflect from up and the side imo . As for rockets and flames of course not! Unless you're rhino 

I believe de said they were buffing damage as the effort to get in melee range just to do less damage was unrewarding.

Took them long enough to figure that out.

Melee in a run of the mill shooter is a ohk or a last resort weapon.

You'd expect that a space ninja in a power suit wielding an electrified, burning 500 pound axe gets more than a last resort weapon...but he can't even do ohk from stealth.

Let's hope that the new melee system makes the space ninja stronger than the regular video game soldier.

well I just hope they seriously think on EVERYTHING while making it and we won't end up chain knocked/pulled to death while trying to go melee....

or instakilled by rockets.....

faith is the last thing that dies....

The main reason I got into this game was due to melee weapons. I was upset that they did not scale to higher level enemies. All melee weapons are in need of a buff. I'm very much looking forward to Melee 2.0.

Kids, let me tall ya how long time ago our masters DE promised us heavens with "DMG 2.0". We were promised miracles and happines. But they took their time to make that system while we fed medicore weapons which were S#&$. But wisemen kept telling us - "Just wait! DMG 2.0 will be our saviour! Have faith!". So we waited but when the promised day has come it was a disaster. And after the raging winds of death calmed down we were scatered and lost.

Grinners were laughing at us because we had no Corrosive weapons, Corpus were laughing at us cause we had no proper Impact guns and Magnetic sucked. Tennos were miserable once again (some of the older ones remember when one day round mods turned into uselss fusion cores and mighty and powerfull warriors lost they power and became like just fledged out rookies).

And now we hear same chants - "Melee 2.0 will save us! It will save us all!" dont trust the false prophet people, dont trust the false prophet anymore...