The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Max Power Range For Bastille And Mprime In Endless Defense

ExorcistEX

Those people who used max power range for bastille and mprime in endless defense is really annoying...

Bastille in ODD or any other endless defense in invasion mission, it lifted the enemy too far away and too separately.  It take you more ammo to finish off the wave (wave over 30) IMO, the bastille shouldnt be too big as if it can group the enemy into a smaller area and we can kill them more efficiency (although someone suggest me to use votex but the problem is now it is easy to make the game drop fps for certain of people if their pc arent that great)

Mprime...in all endless defense...shouldnt be equip with the max power range as this will slow down the enemy too much which as a result, we have to find the remaining enemy left over which moving extreme slow...and this take more time for us to pick up the loots as they are all over the place.

However, both bastille and mprime can be a good combo. Wait till most enemy get lift by the bastille and use Mprime...Cause the chain explosion and the loots arent all over the place.

Conclusion

-Bastille shouldnt using max power range

-Do not use Mprime at the beginning of the waves. Wait a bit before using it.

--More to add later on

Wow who use a max range Bastille? D:

You never see it? I have seen it 5-6times now...in ODD...They have to deploy 2-3 of them at wave 2 already...or else they only can lift a few enemy and disappear really quick...

Edited by ExorcistEX

Max Range build for Bastille is bad because you'll be adding Overextended which reduces Power Strength. FYI, Bastille's number of held mobs depends on how much PowStr that Vauban has.

Better hold on Duration mods including Constitution to counter Fleeting Expertise's PowEff reduction. And Vortex benefits from it in-case of too much enemies approaching and even two Bastilles can't hold them.

Edited by faustias

Max Range build for Bastille is bad because you'll be adding Overextended which reduces Power Strength. FYI, Bastille's number of held mobs depends on how much PowStr that Vauban has.

Better hold on Duration mods including Constitution to counter Fleeting Expertise's PowEff reduction. And Vortex benefits from it in-case of too much enemies approaching and even two Bastilles can't hold them.

The problem is if the vortex stuck too many enemy and the game fps will dropping like hell now...Use it when necessary or we have ogris/penta with you...

Vauban here!

I'll admit, I bastille every wave. However my stretch isn't even maxxed, so the range of it if thrown directly on the pod just almost touches the lamps on each side of the pod. Sure, it does keep enemies spread out, but it spreads them just enough to where a a rocket/penta shot could still nuke them all while keeping enough of them away from the pod. The difficult part comes on harder waves when you have bastille holding it's limit without you knowing and an ancient charges in and punches your face. You hit the ground, bastille falls and cant be recast as you're getting up, and the horde descends upon you. Maxing the range does help keep that from happening and gives you some buffer room, but it's a give or take.

In my opinion my set up has never done me wrong. With two vaubans you can also vortex by each lamp and suck in all approaching enemies. Easy kills, but you have potential to crash people because vortex. But never, EVER vortex near the pod. I cant begin to explain how many times my missions have failed because of that.

In my opinion my set up has never done me wrong. With two vaubans you can also vortex by each lamp and suck in all approaching enemies. Easy kills, but you have potential to crash people because vortex. But never, EVER vortex near the pod. I cant begin to explain how many times my missions have failed because of that.

Toxic.

I've gone to 60 minutes in ODS on a Vauban. You at least want the Stretch mod so your Bastille can catch Toxic Ancients before they come too close. You also don't want to trigger M. Prime too early, because the slowdown does make gathering life support and killing enemies quickly a pain.

Don't think it's as big of a deal in defense though, since you're not really on the clock to kill stuff.

The problem is if the vortex stuck too many enemy and the game fps will dropping like hell now...Use it when necessary or we have ogris/penta with you...

it lags only when there is more than one vortex, and the players standing next to the Bastille's orb(it goddamn shakes your screen, like wth DE) or the Vortex's particles are on the field of view.

Also, I dont use vortex as a last resort. I throw it on one side, and a Bastille on the other. the thing there is anything your Bastille held near the range of the Vortex will be pulled in, giving more room the hold limit. Kill fast those on the Bastille, or Vortex if you have explosives or punch-through, then kill those in the latter.

Vauban here!

I'll admit, I bastille every wave. However my stretch isn't even maxxed, so the range of it if thrown directly on the pod just almost touches the lamps on each side of the pod. Sure, it does keep enemies spread out, but it spreads them just enough to where a a rocket/penta shot could still nuke them all while keeping enough of them away from the pod. The difficult part comes on harder waves when you have bastille holding it's limit without you knowing and an ancient charges in and punches your face. You hit the ground, bastille falls and cant be recast as you're getting up, and the horde descends upon you. Maxing the range does help keep that from happening and gives you some buffer room, but it's a give or take.

bastille needs a bit of stretch, when I play vauban I don't use a maxed out stretch for bastille either. I think you've got it right, you're not the one on blast here

anyhow, I have to agree that bastille should not be maxed out in range (neither should snow globe, for that matter), and definitely agree that a max range M prime just slows down those stragglers even moreso. I understand that nova's job is to explode everything, but then you have to make sure that you do in fact explode everything, and there isn't one primed crawler or charger moseying along, barely out of the spawn point, for 5 minutes

maybe M prime should wear off? it doesn't, does it? oh man, if M prime were affected by duration mods, that would be different (even if the base effect is like 1 or 2 minutes, you cut that in half with a fleeting expertise mod, or to 40%, people wouldn't like it. oh man, kinda want to see that happen)

I don't like if the team Nova is using Power Range. Makes the waves slower. Same with Nyx Chaos.

A regular sized Bastille is enough, use Stretch only if you are using Narrow Minded.

Also, to all Frost out there, please don't use Snow Globe on infested defenses.

question though, while having such range, have you ask them to mod down their range the next time they in mission? Or else they will never know, most people doesn't check forum anyway. 

some people just rage quit after we talk about this...some just do it even worst, mprime at the beginning of the wave...some just dont give a flying s...

bastille is a small cases compare to mprime as most of the nova i met will equipped with power range...

some people just rage quit after we talk about this...some just do it even worst, mprime at the beginning of the wave...some just dont give a flying s...

bastille is a small cases compare to mprime as most of the nova i met will equipped with power range...

well actually rage quit is good lol. Just tell them before the battle start. Since ODD is a mission where host had the choice to pick who could join. Most people aare likely comply with host's request. 

Snow globe slows down all enemies inside it.

saying this is like telling all Frosts to let the infested destroy the cryopod.

5+ Toxic inside the globe and we cannot use explosive weapons as we will blow up ourself if we are inside the globe...this is why he said "don't use Snow Globe on infested defenses"

Snow globe slows down all enemies inside it.

saying this is like telling all Frosts to let the infested destroy the cryopod.

well actually, there are people who climb on high place to shoot the infest below. 

With snowglobe in the way, they can't shoot those infest. 

I am in a run with 4 pentas users shooting those infest below (stay on high place 100% of the time) until wave 50+ etc. And the pod still didn't get destroy. 

It's a much more efficient method than having frost snowglobe those infests. If you wanted to prevent pod getting destroy, vauban is a better idea.

Also, frost snowglobe force player to stay on the ground in order to kill infests. It's more risk vs infests on the ground compared to high place.  

well actually, there are people who climb on high place to shoot the infest below. 

With snowglobe in the way, they can't shoot those infest. 

I am in a run with 4 pentas users shooting those infest below (stay on high place 100% of the time) until wave 50+ etc. And the pod still didn't get destroy. 

It's a much more efficient method than having frost snowglobe those infests. If you wanted to prevent pod getting destroy, vauban is a better idea.

Also, frost snowglobe force player to stay on the ground in order to kill infests. It's more risk vs infests on the ground compared to high place.  

The only infes mission that snow globe is useful is ODS currently...deploy a globe + slow infes aura and we burned them from outside :P

I always use range mods on nova. If you're lazy to pick the loot, that does not concern me :)

It isn't enough for nova to evaporate the mobs, the loot should drop near you, lmao now that's extremely lazy attitude.

Its not about the loot (at least for me) but making the waves slower as we have to chase down the mobs that are slowed by the MP but aren't caught in the chain explosions.

Don't get me wrong, i love Novas on my team, i thank to them for leveling all my items and making me reach mastery rank 14 with a complete weapon códex. But from my experience, i think the fastest way to do ODD and other defenses, is a regular sized bastille, wait until most mobs left their respawning rooms, and explode them in a regular size MP so that the enemies far from the cryopod don't get primed.

Edited by RexSol

I always use range mods on nova. If you're lazy to pick the loot, that does not concern me :)

It isn't enough for nova to evaporate the mobs, the loot should drop near you, lmao now that's extremely lazy attitude.

remind me to take Valkyr if i ever get in the same team as you...

but back to the topic:

I've used a Bastille XL. (stretch R4 + overextended R4 + Narrow minded R4 = +82.5% range) and haven't seen anyone complain about it in the more spacious maps (Jupiter Def, Grineer Mining)

one was even amazed about it's size.