Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flux Rifle Is Op

milky-venom

DE should really do something about this gun. I decided today to fight alad v for the first time, thought it was going to be engaging. sadly, this guy in my team had a flux rifle and he\she snuffed alad and his pet zanuka in like 10 seconds. i couldn't even land a single shot. seriously, this gun takes all the fun out of the game.

DE should really do something about this gun. I decided today to fight alad v for the first time, thought it was going to be engaging. sadly, this guy in my team had a flux rifle and he\she snuffed alad and his pet zanuka in like 10 seconds. i couldn't even land a single shot. seriously, this gun takes all the fun out of the game.

Are you trying to be serious or trolling? Flux rifle is one of the weaker guns in the game.

wait.... I can't tell if this is sarcasm or if the Flux Rile got a HUGE buff since I last used it.....  It was almost all slash damage last time I checked and not even one of the top 3 rifles.  Has something changed?  

Also what frame was this guy using?, that could make a big difference in how easy that fight goes.

Are you trying to be serious or trolling? Flux rifle is one of the weaker guns in the game.

He is trolling. Guys, move on. Nothing to care about here.

But seriously: You are talking about he/she? You don't even know what his Flux Rifle was like, do you? He/she might have had multiple Formas on it. Please think twice before posting bullcrap (I don't mean to be offensive).

Edit: You better delete your thread before the S#&$storm comes over you.

Edited by TRSS

Now insert any weapon with proper mods into this and it will be same, flux aint op, you have terrible mods.

I myself complained on forums how weak alad is.

So one guy used it once and you decide it is OP.

Do you have one yourself so you know what you are talking about?

Know how many Forma he had on his?

Know what mods he was using?

Was he using a frame power that boosted damage?

Was there anyone else shooting the boss?

Actually don't worry about any of that, let's nerf it and nerf it hard!!

Forum Pro-Tip : Sometimes its useful to think before posting.

I'll assume you haven't seen a properly modded Synapse or Soma. I'll just leave it that...

Alad is on a first tier planet, every nice modded weapon will down him in less than 10s.

Explore more the game, get some nice mod, upgrade your serration to the max and you'll understand that all weapon are "op", but they got to deal with lvl 100 ennemis as they got to own <20 lvl...

Please, stop cry about "op weapon" cause you still haven't got a decent stuff.

With the new system of damage, mod really are the thing how deal damage in a weapon...

And your topic really is in a bad time for continuous weapon, the recent update on them have broken the (fun) mecanism against low-level crown.

So, "op weapon's whine topic" aren't really welcome when this weapon has taken an bad nerf....

Edited by ZeGreymane

I think the issue may be more with the difficulty of Alad V rather than the guns being OP. I can go with a buddy with Synapses and drop them instantly.

I really wish that there was an option to challenge the bosses at a higher level. Currently the only way to do that is to wait for an Assassination alert.

I was quite serious about my statement. why would I be trolling? it would stupid in the first place since nobody likes trolls and everyone knows that once you troll, you get banned, and nobody wants to get banned. I'm just angry that when 4 people are supposed to have fun, they don't because all the fun is stolen by one weapon that can almost instantly kill a boss. I mean, I came to fight a boss but even that I didn't get to do.

also, it's not just alad. the flux rifle has also demonstrated his power against lephantis, and he's one of the more powerful bosses in the game.

I hate to burst your bubble, but a halfway modded Penta oneshots both Alad and Zanuka, so that's not exactly a good measure of power. The Flux rifle is in a really bad spot atm, and it used to be a hell of a lot better. If you wanna get a decent idea of what each weapon can do, have a look at dpsframe; it's pretty good for fiddling around with weapons, although not all the default builds on there are optimized for highest dps.

Edited by InVermilion

Sorry OP, you are wrong.

The fact that your post has 0 upvotes and that no-one who has responded has agreed with you, should tell you that.

It is a clan tech weapon, Mastery 6, but outperformed by many other weapons that can be purchased in the market, some without mastery requirements.

It has limited range, huge bias towards one type of damage and eats through ammo.

It used to be great, but Damage 2.0 hit it hard, and the recent changes to continuous fire weapons hit it again.

You referred to your "team"...

4 of you fighting Alad? Did you catch everything that happened during the fight?

Someone use Shield Polarize, M prime, Roar, Sonar?

You are saying that a gun should be nerfed because of this one experience, hardly a great test pool is it?

Edit: Also sorry, but read that pinned thread above yours called "Don't even nerf thread till you own it" please.

Edited by Egg_Chen

Sorry OP, you are wrong.

The fact that your post has 0 upvotes and that no-one who has responded has agreed with you, should tell you that.

It is a clan tech weapon, Mastery 6, but outperformed by many other weapons that can be purchased in the market, some without mastery requirements.

It has limited range, huge bias towards one type of damage and eats through ammo.

It used to be great, but Damage 2.0 hit it hard, and the recent changes to continuous fire weapons hit it again.

You refer to your team?

4 of you fighting Alad? Did you catch everything that happened during the fight?

Someone use Shield Polarize, M prime, Roar, Sonar?

You are saying that a gun should be nerfed because of this one experience, hardly a great test pool is it?

Edit: Also sorry, but read that pinned thread above yours called "Don't even nerf thread till you own it" please.

I never said that my statement was objective, it was just my experience.

it just annoys that I come to have fun in a game (since games are about fun), come to fight a boss for the first time, and he's dead before I can even get to him. but nevermind, if nobody agrees with me I'm totally fine with that.

I think the problem here is that people who are high level with all the important mods are farming bosses other players are encountering for the first time. The problem was the exact same on Mercury, but was fixed well. It would be more difficult to change the match-making system on all of the assassination missions however.  

Yeah, sorry milky-venom, I understand that can be really frustrating, but I honestly believe this guy stomping everything had more to do with maxed mods (Serration, H Calibre, etc) than the weapon.

Flux is far from the worst offender, just wait till you see someone spamming the Penta and killing everything :(

I know it's a Co-op game but I usually run bosses by myself at least the first few times, for this exact reason.

It's nice to understand how they fight before you go into a team and watch the lightshow and boss stomp.

They all become a bit easy with maxed mods!

The Flux isn't overpowered. The problem lies with the massive variance in player damage output. Ergo, compared to someone who's spent the time to properly mod/forma a weapon, most things will look really underpowered.

This can often lead to the Nova Effect, where something that is balanced in the system to an extent can be detrimental to the enjoyment of others, particularly those of a 'lower level' or who prefer to do the killing themselves.

Edited by SilentCynic

The Flux isn't overpowered. The problem lies with the massive variance in player damage output. Ergo, compared to someone who's spent the time to properly mod/forma a weapon, most things will look really underpowered.

This can often lead to the Nova Effect, where something that is balanced in the system to an extent can be detrimental to the enjoyment of others, particularly those of a 'lower level' or who prefer to do the killing themselves.

This reminds me of a solution I saw before, have an option within Options to set the max +/- of someone's Conclave to your own for mission similar to how you set up the Ping. This will allow people to set how much of a point gap they are from others roughly, though there will be a default option of >unlimited< to not exclude anyone from your que.

Unfortunately this kind of stuff will happen so as long as there isn't any way to Filter who ends up teaming up with each other when it comes to random games. It's why I play Solo on low level planets, at least when not doing something like Survival or Defense.

Yeah, it sucks that your gameplay experience got messed up by someone who obviously should have been more than able to Solo the boss, but that's the risk you take when you play with random people.

Dear OP, the Flux rifle is not op.

It is your own fault: If you play with randoms, you have to accept their way to play.

Stop trolling please and think twice before posting.

if you read my second post in this thread, I clearly stated that I'm not trolling, nor do I have any intentions of trolling. I just thought that it was op because someone killed my fun by killing alad with it. judging most of the responses, I understand that I was wrong, and the potential of weapons depends mostly on the mods and formas.

They aren't trolling, simply new.

I'm not entirely new, I just don't play the game as often as I used to, but thanks for the support anyway.