Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker Needs Nerfing

ArtisticGooseOG

As the title says. Stalker seriously needs nerfing. I was rhino level 20 on infestation ext. My shields are 820 and hp is 450. STALKER one shotted me. I shot him with my soma which is 2 formaed and always critical hits, 1 crit is aboout 250. AND I COULDNT KILL HIM. Seriously DE, make a nerf on him. He is impossible to kill.

I believe he's based on Conclave rating, not the mission level.

I wish he'd telegraph slash dash a little more so I could dodge it. I'm fine with the rest and I think he'll be a lot more interesting when Melee 2.0 comes out.

As the title says. Stalker seriously needs nerfing. I was rhino level 20 on infestation ext. My shields are 820 and hp is 450. STALKER one shotted me. I shot him with my soma which is 2 formaed and always critical hits, 1 crit is aboout 250. AND I COULDNT KILL HIM. Seriously DE, make a nerf on him. He is impossible to kill.

Why do you think your set up is an extremely strong one, and a good benchmark to be of the tier 'stalker-killer'?

I believe he's based on Conclave rating, not the mission level.

I wish he'd telegraph slash dash a little more so I could dodge it. I'm fine with the rest and I think he'll be a lot more interesting when Melee 2.0 comes out.

exactly.

his slash dash is the bothering thing.

he could start charging his weapon, maybe it could start glowing, and then he does his slash dash.

everything else is fine, considering that melee 2.0 will probably give us the choice to block his melee attacks if we time the blocks at the right time

Stalker doesn't need a nerf. I took him down about an hour ago in under 10 seconds. He's easy if you know what you'e doing.

what about the players that literally just can´t kill him under 10 seconds? those without modded guns? those that die in 1 hit from his slash dash?

they only need to make him telegraph his slash dash, nothing else

Stalker needs a buff...To its spawn rate... Where are you stalker D:

Currently his spawn chance (and the Harvester's) is 1.5% + 0.5% x squad size. So a minimum of 2% and a max of 3.5%.

Since I've spent a good portion of this week hunting for the Harvester, I agree that they could use a slight buff to their spawns.

what about the players that literally just can´t kill him under 10 seconds? those without modded guns? those that die in 1 hit from his slash dash?

they only need to make him telegraph his slash dash, nothing else

1) When facing the Stalker, you've got a few choices; Kill him before he can even touch you (what I do), hope to whatever deities the Tenno have that you have competent backup nearby, dodge around him until you can kill him, or just die.

2) If you're not modding your guns, you're doing something wrong.

3) Just about everyone dies in one hit from his Slash Dash. Even my Frost Prime with 600 shields, 840 health and 380 armour can't stand more than two of those.

Don't nerf the Stalker. OVERHAUL HIM.

Stalker is pathetically executed right now. Yeah, he's not supposed to be easy to kill, but the way he works he's not a skillcheck in any way, he's a gear check. Do you have Soma Leadrain/Brakk equipped? If so, insta-destroy Stalker (like they destroy all other things), no problem whatsoever. Don't have gear with high enough stats equipped? Get one-shot pretty much, spend a revive and continue.

Stalker doesn't need a "nerf", nor does he need a "buff", and he's not fine the way he is neither. He needs a COMPLETE OVERHAUL.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/156074-stalker-20-an-overhaul-to-the-random-gearcheck-that-it-has-devolved-to/#entry1832360

I think his current state is rather good.

Not extremely hard to kill, but not like pre u11 either. It's nice to see squads actually working together again to kill him and not be an enemy easier than even an ancient infested.

Apart from the slash dash thing the others also mentioned, he seems to be the right challenge.

I know that the majority of people are again afraid  of the Stalker, as they should be. I love how we have this feeling back.

Even the veterans as myself who had all the blueprints from him since long ago, are not bored to see him spawn anymore.

I'm always carrying a backup weapon with radiation and toxin since he got flesh alloy armor and proto shield, just dodge his attacks until you got an overview over the situation and you can fight him back. Faster frames or high mobility frames got an advantage versus the stalker cause all of his ranged weapons are projectile. Also don't try to rely on tankyness, he's a glass cannon more or less, it's like nova versus level 20 chargers... And seriously, stop playing rhino, i played rhino a lot when i started and were never able to kill him but suddenly after getting vauban and playing him alot it was really easy -> rhino is a good starter frame but he teaches you bad habits, only use him if you really need to or you're feeling lazy, but not on a regular basis

Why Vauban and not Rhino against the stalker?

Vauban's powers don't seem to affect him, except Tesla but it deals a little damage.

With Rhino you can absorb one Slash Dash with Iron Skin (Focus+BlindRage) if I don't mistake. Unless he uses Dispel. It's a life saver sometimes.

Edited by CookingFood