Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scala - The Scalable Frame

Angius

The main problem with Warframes is that some of them are useless beyond Mars, and some of them can nuke all rooms in T3 missions. And we don't really have frame that "feels" just right in Appolodorus, as well as in Outer Terminus wave 100.

But what if we base the abilities on... Percentage?

I'll try to answer that question.

Base stats:

Health: 100 (300 at 30)

Armor: 20

Shields: 150 (450 at 30)

Sprint speed: 1.0

Energy max: 150 (225 at 30)

Stamina: 90

Polarities: Attack [V] + Defence [D], Tactic [--] on Aura

Abilities:

Confusion: [25e]  Hitscan, deals guaranteed Radiation proc in 5m radius, if you hit enemy directly you got 25/50/75/100% chance to make him attack everything, including his allies.

Stasis Field: [50e]  Casts circular mark (2/4/6/8m radius) on the ground which slows enemies down (25/50/75/100%) and emits mist of liquid hydrogen - every bullet that passes through got a chance to deal additional Cold proc, based on the weapons Status Chance. Additionally, every ally standing in this field got +0.0/0.1/0.3/0.5 energy regen per second. Lasts 15/20/25/30 seconds

Only 1/1/2/2 fields can be active at the same time

Weaken: [50e]  All the enemies in 4/7/10/13m radius got their health and shields lowered by 20/30/40/50%. Can cast infinite times, casting animation lasts only 1.5s

Rapid Discharge: [75e]  If shields are damaged, Scala emits Electric circular shockwave, that travels 1/3/5/7m dealing 2/4/6/8 times more damage, than was taken. Also stuns nearby enemies. Lasts untill received damage exceed 2/3/4/5 times the capacity of shields

As you can see, there's no "press 4 to win" option in here, however it can deal huge amounts of damage. But only when the enemies deal high damage. Some explanations below:

Confusion should be spammable. It's a kind of upgraded Mind Control, but the enemy shoots everything. You, your teammates, his allies, explosive barrels, reinforced glass, everything. Also you do not gain bonus from Shield Ospreys, or Ancient Healers. Basic idea behind that ability was to hit enemy heavy with that, while he is surrounded by basic units. Or just to spam it everywhere and lower the accuracy of enemies.

Stasis field is utility for spray&prayers. It stops enemies, like Bastille used to. It amplifies your weapons, but you can't see sh*t behind the cloud it produces, so you need to have Enemy Radar equipped, or just spray with your Gorgon and count on that you will hit something. You can stand on this to regain energy, but again - you can't really shoot during that.

Weaken... I though of this as ulti, but it's too underpowered to be one. Instead we got nice, damaging ability, which can't kill anything, but can weaken whole bunch of enemies to make them easier to kill. And it scales perfectly on every level mobs. Fast casting time to make it more spammable.

Rapid Discharge was supposed to be something like Nova shields from Borderlands, but emmiting shockwaves on every damage taken. Basically you can jump inside a group of enemies and stunlock them, even kill, because the harder they hit, the harder you hit them. I made it have damage cap, rather than duration time, because it would be probably too OP.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Edited by Angius

weaken sounds like the new 'required' power. 

a power that powerful would singlehandedly wrench itself into being required in order to complete content with any reasonable speed.

because, you must remember, a game is balanced around what is possible, not what the average is. which means between the minimum possible, and maximum possible. 

the more powers that one-up the game, the more the game will compensate. which only hurts everyone in the end. it's also part of the reason why we have so many zeroes on everything. every aspect of the game re-compensating for a change in another part of the game.

edit:

also, how do you get a 'guaranteed' Radiation Status Chance, yet a not 100% chance for a Radiation effect?

just remove the part dictating a guaranteed Radiation Effect - and leave the scaling of the Chance per level.

also, i see this frame happens to have the best of everything. higher than average Defenses, plenty of Utility, as well what looks like huge damage reflections. but what is this frame supposed to be good at, which then, remember it needs to be not that great at the opposite of what it's good at.

Edited by taiiat

So, because Digital Animation and Linear Algebra, when I saw "Scalable Frame," I thought you mean a Warframe capable of shrinking and growing...

Can we have this now? I'll honestly draw and even model it if we can come up with a way for it to work. After I finish my Loki Prime and Psychokinesis frames.