Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Tetra Fit Its Description

MECT_HET

Boltor requires rank 2, and Braton is a bit worse than Tetra DPS-wise.

Pretty silly arguments. Braton is much more comfortable to use while Boltor able to deal a slash damage (not that much but more that Tetra could do).

Boltor has less damage, and fires faster

Tetra is perfectly on par with the Boltor. It's the Corpus cousin, sort to speak.

The weapon is fine.

Boltor is easier to use and its bolts are flying faster.  So no point in using tetra in the startgame. Besides, read again what am I suggesting inb4 postin yet another bs.

I don't consider something that got 2 control modules as requirement to be a "beginner" weapon per se.

Agreed.

Apollodorus drops T1 keys. T1 void drops bundles of Control mods.

Stop saying bs, visiting void is not dam startgame. No zeroranked player could visit void.

Mastery Level  0, already better than many energy research clan weapons... more DPS and per shot dmg than Boltor, Karak and Braton Prime (according to dpsframe) why should it be buffed, it is already good for an early game gun.

Better? Comparing to what? Karak and Braton prime are much more stronger, invest a few formas before the silly comparing (I don't care about dspframe).

Besides, if you'll get your head out of something you've put it and read the first post CAREFULLY. See what have I suggeted? What the dam deal with dps all these suggestions have? Right, none. Neither increasing flying speed not boostin clip size do not have anything with dps. 

Pretty silly arguments. Braton is much more comfortable to use while Boltor able to deal a slash damage (not that much but more that Tetra could do).

Boltor is easier to use and its bolts are flying faster.  So no point in using tetra in the startgame. Besides, read again what am I suggesting inb4 postin yet another bs.

Better? Comparing to what? Karak and Braton prime are much more stronger, invest a few formas before the silly comparing (I don't care about dspframe).

Besides, if you'll get your head out of something you've put it and read the first post CAREFULLY. See what have I suggeted? What the dam deal with dps all these suggestions have? Right, none. Neither increasing flying speed not boostin clip size do not have anything with dps. 

If you want it to fit better for starting players you don`t need a buff, you need some changes on the resources (As someone else said, control modules are not easy to get at startgame). Projectile speed is slower than Boltor, but Boltor requires mastery rank 2 which makes Tetra more viable for startgame (It`s that simple).

The damage is fine and it will do much better than Braton against Grineer. Karak is mainly impact damage and has a small magazine, i think it`s comparable to Tetra(although i don`t know the resources it takes to build or the necessary mastery rank). Braton Prime is better but it requires of a lot of grinding.

Although this is not what you started this thread for, you wanted it to fit better it`s description. If you want it to fit the description better i don`t know what could be done, i don`t see anything wrong with it.

Edited by Nachino

Although this is not what you started this thread for, you wanted it to fit better it`s description. If you want it to fit the description better i don`t know what could be done, i don`t see anything wrong with it.

he clearly would rather just have the description changed to how the gun actually is

on a side note: wouldnt it be great if volt was advertised as a "run an gun" frame, instead of "an alternative to gunplay"? million dollar idea right there

If you want it to fit better for starting players you don`t need a buff, you need some changes on the resources (As someone else said, control modules are not easy to get at startgame). Projectile speed is slower than Boltor, but Boltor requires mastery rank 2 which makes Tetra more viable for startgame (It`s that simple).

The damage is fine and it will do much better than Braton against Grineer. Karak is mainly impact damage and has a small magazine, i think it`s comparable to Tetra(although i don`t know the resources it takes to build or the necessary mastery rank). Braton Prime is better but it requires of a lot of grinding.

Exactly. A perfect fit to its description - this is all I am asking for. Thanks for understanding. I guess I should rename this thread.

he clearly would rather just have the description changed to how the gun actually is

on a side note: wouldnt it be great if volt was advertised as a "run an gun" frame, instead of "an alternative to gunplay"? million dollar idea right there

So? They should change the description to be something like "decent starter corpus weapon firing with slow flying bolts with a good clip"?
Edited by MECT_HET

WHy not simply ask for 'huge' to be removed from the desc?

If I can joke, because the 'magazine' portion of this weapon is, literally, HUGE. Look at the giant part of the gun that you replace with each reload! I can't imagine how anyone carries more than two reloads! It's as big as your forearm, and three or four times wider! Seriously, though it is a giant part of the gun, as far as removing it completely.

Well, as we can see from the ingame desription:

"Drawing from its huge quad-chambered clip, the Tetra is capable of unleashing a sustained barrage of lethal energy bolts."

What we've got instead? A slow-firing plasma Boltor with a slow-flying bolts? 60 ammo is dam not "huge" not by a longshot. I've got one Boltor already, why should I replace it with this gun?

1. It has to be a "huge" clip, not just 60 ammo. Increase clip size to be 80 or 100 to make 20|25 ammo per stick.

2. To create a "sustained barrage" Tetra should have either faster projetile flying speed or better rof - increase it's bolt's speed.

And stop lying in description.

needs more tetris

Agreed.

Stop saying bs, visiting void is not dam startgame. No zeroranked player could visit void.

Why are you so rude? And you don't even have basic understanding of things. Go get some clue and learn some manners. 

Edited by Monolake

*sigh* I give up. You can buff it if you want, and simply contribute to power creep. A vast majority of people think the weapon is perfect as it is, and since you're in the minority, let's agree to disagree.

Have no idea about how the hell increasing flying speed will grant a powercreep? Are you drunk?

Have no idea about how the hell increasing flying speed will grant a powercreep? Are you drunk?

It's called being consistant, Mech. All energy weapon "bolts" travel at the same speed, just like all arrows travel at the same speed.

You're asking for special treatment based on nothing more than your personal opinion on what is right.

It's called being consistant, Mech. All energy weapon "bolts" travel at the same speed, just like all arrows travel at the same speed.

You're asking for special treatment based on nothing more than your personal opinion on what is right.

Look at Supra's projectiles. Then look at -any- other energy weapon. They do not all travel at the same speed. He's simply asking for the weapon to fit it's in game description, which is a common problem, now.

Look at Supra's projectiles. Then look at -any- other energy weapon. They do not all travel at the same speed. He's simply asking for the weapon to fit it's in game description, which is a common problem, now.

Supra bolts are are the most different ones though. The others being light blue while the Supra's are green.

And we all know Green isn't fast. Or creative. 

My opinions on the Tetra though. 

It does unleash a sustained barrage between its magazine size and fire rate. 9 seconds is longer than any other gun barring the Mk-1. 

Sustained doesn't mean rapid or fast, or in high density. But able to be kept up over a longer period of time. Increasing RoF would make its fire less sustainable, requiring more frequent reloading and more wasted shots. 

A large magazine and a slower fire rate means sustained fire. 

If anything it should have reduced reload speed so it keeps the fire up very consistently. 

Supra bolts are are the most different ones though. The others being light blue while the Supra's are green.

And we all know Green isn't fast. Or creative. 

My opinions on the Tetra though. 

It does unleash a sustained barrage between its magazine size and fire rate. 9 seconds is longer than any other gun barring the Mk-1. 

Sustained doesn't mean rapid or fast, or in high density. But able to be kept up over a longer period of time. Increasing RoF would make its fire less sustainable, requiring more frequent reloading and more wasted shots. 

A large magazine and a slower fire rate means sustained fire. 

If anything it should have reduced reload speed so it keeps the fire up very consistently. 

You are wrong. Everybody knows that red bolts are flying faster. Ask the orcs about it.

As for your opinion: let's make "sustained" to make sense. ATM we've got something amidst between a dera and a boltor. Too common. Not good. As someone's said already - "a mastery feed", not sure if Devs were mentioning this weapon to be of a kind.