Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm Done. Until The Grindfest Is Fixed.

Acco

Welp. I'm not going to play the grindfest that this game has become with update 7. I have absolutely no motivation to replay low level missions to grind mods for my frames such that they're appropriately geared for the missions I was doing before this update.

This doesn't even scratch the surface of my problems with update 7 though. The entire game has been turned into a bunch of RNG stupidity. There's no guarantee that you're going to get the mods you need in order to progress. Mods need to be levelled up in order to be effective, and that costs a ton of credits for the higher levels under the fusion system.

I realize that this is beta, but I'm not willing to redo 80% of the game to test a new mechanic like this. And I'm definitely not recommending this game to any of my friends; in fact, I'll probably tell them to steer clear of this - as it has essentially devolved into pay to win.

Even if you "pay to win" it's still reliant on RNG. Useful mods aren't guaranteed. I haven't bought any mod packs but I'm assuming that rares are not always useful in them. You can pay real money for credits now too. So it's more like pay to not grind (as much)... which is basically what F2P is at heart.

Edited by AXCrusnik

So.... what's the difference between those high-level missions you used to do to farm high-level mods and the low-level missions you're doing now to farm random mods? I mean i get why people are kind of angry about losing the powerlevel of their frames, but I don't see that much of a gameplay difference between killing low/mid level mobs in a low-level frame or killing high level mobs in a high level frame.

I'm not criticising you here, I'm just interested in what keeps people playing warframe that don't enjoy the core concept of murdering space dudes with space guns and space swords, as I myself never felt like i'm grinding anything.

So.... what's the difference between those high-level missions you used to do to farm high-level mods and the low-level missions you're doing now to farm random mods? I mean i get why people are kind of angry about losing the powerlevel of their frames, but I don't see that much of a gameplay difference between killing low/mid level mobs in a low-level frame or killing high level mobs in a high level frame.

I'm not criticising you here, I'm just interested in what keeps people playing warframe that don't enjoy the core concept of murdering space dudes with space guns and space swords, as I myself never felt like i'm grinding anything.

You've got a good point there. I think most people are mad because it was basically a reset, and we were told to save mods because they would be "valuable" when instead they were turned into what another forumer called "crafting trash" and slashed their sell prices. They basically said, "Save all that gold and it will turn into platinum." and then gave us iron instead.... very money hungry iron at that. Other than that though it's basically the same game, things like broken economies get addressed (at least in betas with devs that know what they're doing). I for one am enjoying myself.

I'm glad I got my friends to play right before U7 though. I literally gave them the invite codes less than 24 hours from the update. That made the whole "soft reset" easier on me since I was helping them level anyway. I've been enjoying the new content though (at least what I have access to)

Edited by AXCrusnik

Hasn't obtaining mods and the stats that they possessed always been about RNG? In fact I would argue that there is less RNG now that once you have the mod you want you can put in some effort to max them out instead of hoping for a better mod to drop.

Personally, I`ll be playing less until they add some kind of skill tree back. I was very frustrated when I logged in and saw all my hard earned progress reset. I was skeptical about the new mod system at first, but now I`m liking it. The only problem now is the fact that power gain is purely random. This idea has been said many times but if they add passive stat boosts for each level then the issue would be fixed.

They also have remedied the credit problem somewhat, alerts now give roughly couple thousand credits.

I think it would be silly to quit the game, it`s still Beta and changes are to be expected. Besides, Warframe has always had grinding in it, you ever craft a warframe? takes at least a week

Personally, I`ll be playing less until they add some kind of skill tree back. I was very frustrated when I logged in and saw all my hard earned progress reset. I was skeptical about the new mod system at first, but now I`m liking it. The only problem now is the fact that power gain is purely random. This idea has been said many times but if they add passive stat boosts for each level then the issue would be fixed.

They also have remedied the credit problem somewhat, alerts now give roughly couple thousand credits.

I think it would be silly to quit the game, it`s still Beta and changes are to be expected. Besides, Warframe has always had grinding in it, you ever craft a warframe? takes at least a week

Well yeah. Thats a bit unfair that they just deleted all the mods =S It would have been better to give the player the choice to either transform the mods into fusion cores or to sell them all to get the precious money ^^

At first I was a little mad that I had to get all the mods back but,if you remember, thats what we agreed to when we signed up for the game. What really needs a change is the cost of fusing. I played nearly 80 hours total and bought the pet thingy with credits (100k). I have like 5 weapons that are level 30 (and a few others almost max level) and 2 frames level 30. Upgrading all these things to its full potential again, seeing that maxing 1 mod costs like 80-100k is just insane.

I always try to play once a day, even if it means to play late at night and getting 3 hours of sleep because i gotta get up early and have a long day, but this is a bit too heavy

this game IS and ALWAYS HAS BEEN pay2win.

well, ok, more like "pay2easy-mode"....

but that's the first thing i saw announced by the devs: that they were oriented on making the best PvE game they could, since there were so ridiculously many PvP games already out... and that their cash-shop research shows that players want functional things that make play easier / reduce the amount of grinding... so they weren't going to just load it with cosmetics and pretty alternate effects.

which, to me, looks like they're exactly on target to their stated goal.

(personally, i'd also enjoy a lot more semi-cosmetic gear too, like more alternate helmets, and in similar line things like alt shoulders, alt gauntlets, so on, with various efects relevant to each frame it applies to. but everyone has a wishlist, right?)

At first I was a little mad that I had to get all the mods back but,if you remember, thats what we agreed to when we signed up for the game. What really needs a change is the cost of fusing. I played nearly 80 hours total and bought the pet thingy with credits (100k). I have like 5 weapons that are level 30 (and a few others almost max level) and 2 frames level 30. Upgrading all these things to its full potential again, seeing that maxing 1 mod costs like 80-100k is just insane.

I always try to play once a day, even if it means to play late at night and getting 3 hours of sleep because i gotta get up early and have a long day, but this is a bit too heavy

Actually maxing a mod to lvl 10 costs you about 4 million creds if you use fusion cores only

where do i even begin? stop complaining about the whipe and having to start over from zero. start complaining that before this there was no need to grind/farm/whatever because on each level you got mods that in conjunction with frame/weapon levels immediately enabled you to progress further. in this new system you just find the same basic mods over and over and over irregardless of difficulty and you gotta grind/farm these to fuse them to be able to progress.

Edited by SlyBoots

Hasn't obtaining mods and the stats that they possessed always been about RNG? In fact I would argue that there is less RNG now that once you have the mod you want you can put in some effort to max them out instead of hoping for a better mod to drop.

Your frame at least used to level stats as you leveled. Now its 100% RNG to progress to higher planets.

Welp. I'm not going to play the grindfest that this game has become with update 7. I have absolutely no motivation to replay low level missions to grind mods for my frames such that they're appropriately geared for the missions I was doing before this update.

This doesn't even scratch the surface of my problems with update 7 though. The entire game has been turned into a bunch of RNG stupidity. There's no guarantee that you're going to get the mods you need in order to progress. Mods need to be levelled up in order to be effective, and that costs a ton of credits for the higher levels under the fusion system.

I realize that this is beta, but I'm not willing to redo 80% of the game to test a new mechanic like this. And I'm definitely not recommending this game to any of my friends; in fact, I'll probably tell them to steer clear of this - as it has essentially devolved into pay to win.

P2W is incorrect because you can't just buy max mod cards unless bundled which is what you essentially need to progress but other than that I agree with you. The pay feature mainly just makes it so you don't have to grind blueprints which is ok if they would drop some of the prices.

So long and don't get nervo balled on your way out~!

Please keep your immaturity elsewhere.

Actually maxing a mod to lvl 10 costs you about 4 million creds if you use fusion cores only

Another insane problem. Now that my level 30 warframe is back on saturn looking for mod cards I have about 1k credits and am just #*($%%@.

Edited by jaywalker
Deleted abusive quote

I think what annoys me more is that they revised the terms and conditions of the beta ON the update 7 release. I did review the terms, which said they had the right to a reset but there was no warning that there would be. I think if DE had been more honest about the mods then people would be more understanding.

Really? I was wondering about this. I upgraded a mod like 3 times with full powered core and it didn't do a darn thing. They said you could change in the old mods to upgrade new ones but having to use credits to do so is just ridiculous. Soooo I have to spend more money to get where I already was. Like punishing you for playing the game early. On top of that all my guns and weapons feel slow and clunky now. I spent weeks getting them to a decent place and now I have to pay more money just to get where I already was. As a wise lady once said. "I ain't got time for that".

Edited by reggs12

I'll follow up with one more post:

Yeah, it's not exactly pay to win. Pay to experience less inconvenience. But the level of inconvenience is quite immense now with the costs for mod upgrades using fusion cores. It's also highly RNG dependent just because you can't easily find health/shield/dps booster mods -> which cycle into finding better fusion cores/mods -> which cycle into upgrading your equipment faster.

I'm not giving DE another cent of money until this ends up being fixed. I'm not unhappy with my experience prior to Update 7. I got my 50 or so bucks out of the game.

If they offered advancement of warframes/guns without the need to depend on mods, like a stat system (1 pt/2 level), can assign to one of a couple attributes: shield bonus, health bonus, armor, warframe movement speed, ability power, etc), it'd be a step in the right direction to nullify the completely RNG depedent mod system

In all honesty the fusion for the old mods should be free. If you are forced to pay for fusion then I don't see how it's not an extra cost tacked onto something you already owned. Now I have to grind just to get where I was weeks ago with no garauntee that I'll even get the right mods. All my catalysts and reactors are worthless because I don't even have the money to upgrade mods to that level. Nothing but frustrated.

Edited by reggs12

Environments and enemies mostly, Mercury is pretty much all grineer, all space ships and asteroids, you can try your luck in venus without a sheild mod, but you WILL die more often. I dunno about the OP. But I feel like I'm pretty much restricted to doing Tolstoj until I can find a single sheild mod, and I've been grinding for 3 days now. I'm not mad about the soft reset. I'm mad that that I can't go anywhere else because RNG has not (in all probability will not ever until an update) bless me with a sheild mod. And I'm not the only one, half the community seems to find it impossible to get sheild and HP mods, which are pretty much essential to going anywhere new.

Playing the same mission over and over again because it has the highest common mod drop rate hoping for the one single mod that is 100% necessary for further progress is not fun.

Warframe may have been a grind fest before, but at least it was a grind fest with a little bit of variety. Now it's just one grind with one goal. Grind low level areas and hope you get a sheild\hp mod. That's it, for a significant proportion of the community, that is the entire warframe game.

Edited by CosyPigeon

Spent 2 days 4 hours each day - 8 hours total. I have gotten every mod I need, ice, fire, armor piecing multishot, HP, shield, def, sprint speed.

With the money I had from before the update I have maxed them all. Problem is I cant equip them all due to the silly 60 point limit.

Spent 2 days 4 hours each day - 8 hours total. I have gotten every mod I need, ice, fire, armor piecing multishot, HP, shield, def, sprint speed.

With the money I had from before the update I have maxed them all. Problem is I cant equip them all due to the silly 60 point limit.

Spent 3 days. 6 hours day 1, 4 hours day 2, 2 hours day 3 -12 hours total. Have plenty of weapon nods, no shield mods.

Easy to say for someone who has spent a lot of money on this game 'Grandmaster'.

I don't feel like this game is totally devolved to P2W at this point - but a lot of features are right on the edge. I wouldn't stick the 'P2W' label on Warframe as is but I can easily see things going the wrong route unless DE wakes up and starts to clean things up.

So maybe you should check your attitude and keep in mind that the game IS a good bit simpler for you considering your money spent.

Grandmaster xD You think I was grandmaster from beginning? I started as normal user without anything and never had problems. So maybe you dont compare me with my Rank.....

Edited by Venarge

In all honesty the fusion for the old mods should be free. If you are forced to pay for fusion then I don't see how it's not an extra cost tacked onto something you already owned. Now I have to grind just to get where I was weeks ago with no garauntee that I'll even get the right mods. All my catalysts and reactors are worthless because I don't even have the money to upgrade mods to that level. Nothing but frustrated.

Think of it as paying your blacksmith or mechanic to put your pieces together.

You had to pay before remember. Everytime you put in a mod or made vertical change to you skill tree you had to pay. YOu even had to pay to move them around. You don't now. In fact you can put a mod on as soon as you get it without paying now. You couldn't before. You can respec your frame and weapons for free now too. You only pay to fuse. So fuse wisely and pay less. Use duplicates and mostly other mods in general.

Use fusion cores sparringly. If you level up your mods primarily with fusion cores than you will be broke very soon.

Edited by RawGritz

Use fusion cores sparringly. If you level up your mods primarily with fusion cores than you will be broke very soon.

Everyone must know this before complaining about the fusion costs. Using duplicates is actually really cheap and effective. Two duplicate lvl 1 mods= one lvl 2 mod and it costs about 400 credits. Fusion cost is more for rare items but not by much. Using fusion cores, on the other hand, is a complete waste of credits. In my opinion, just sell the fusion cores. They are not worth it.