The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Release New Weapons With At Least One Polarity.

__Kanade__

D should never be a polarity on a weapon. 

As for the Polarity slots on all weapons... Hard to say. But there really doesn't seem to be a reasoning behind it. The strongest weapons in the game come with multiple Polarity slots... Soma

Quite a few of the more dedicated players ALSO would like weapons to ship with at least two free polarities. Such as myself.

Formaing things five or six times is beyond tedious, tedium is the major problem with this game. (Yet that's for another stagnant discussion)

I never said anything to the contrary. I just said the OP's reason for it was not legitimate.

I never said anything to the contrary. I just said the OP's reason for it was not legitimate.

Sure I could do T3 runs to try an get a forma bp, but my luck isn't as great as others are, I still have several weapons with 2-3 empty slots, supercharged, but no polarities.

Besides the point I'm making is that all these new weapons that are being released have no polarities, whether it's a useful one or not, they're still being released with nothing, even the average or less than average weapons have 0 polarities.

Way back when, new weapons usually came out with 1 polarity, some even had 2 and many only required 12 hour build times, now almost everyother new weapon being released now requires a 24hr build time, so not only do we need to put more time and resources into a weapon, we also need to wait a full day to actually use that weapon unless you bought it or decide to rush the build.

Edited by __Kanade__

It should be inversed according to weapon "power."

Mastery Rank 1 and generally "weaker" weapons should start with 3 polarities.

Mastery Rank 6 and generally "stronger" weapons should start with 0 polarities.

That gives you top damage for weaker weapons much sooner than stronger weapons, but stronger weapons will eventually outperform weaker ones in time.

This sounds fair. Guns like the Grakata need a boat-load of forma to be any good in the first place, and other weapons will still surpass it.

Here's my take:

1: Weapons that are hard to aquire should come with polarity(s). Since you've already gone to some effort to get the weapon in the first place, you can go to a bit less effort in maximizing its power.

2: If the weapon is quirky and really needs some mods to get going, it should have some polarity(s) to help with that. For example, Crit based weapons are a bit behind other weapons until you put Crit mods on, and the Tysis which has low base damage but a high Status chance should have a D polarity for the Status chance mod (well, if it wasn't garbage).

3: If it costs Forma to make, it should have that many polarities minimum.

These can stack, but of course polarity count shouldn't be excessive.

Seriously? This trend is obnoxious. If it's two weapons with a polarity in both, shouldn't they technically have two polarities? Ugh.

That and we all wonder why an Orokin Cell is needed to "craft" dual weapons. I guess Tenno must train themselves for 12 hours learning how to pick up and hold a pistol in each hand. Still don't see where the cell is needed.

That and we all wonder why an Orokin Cell is needed to "craft" dual weapons. I guess Tenno must train themselves for 12 hours learning how to pick up and hold a pistol in each hand. Still don't see where the cell is needed.

The Magnus is over a month old and it still takes 24hrs to build. A market weapon should seriously take 12 after it's initial release. Not to mention I still don't agree with frames taking 3 days but I can live with that.

What I'm really disliking among other things is the continued trend of cutting polarities. Not even many of our Prime Weapons and the recent Prime Frame have been safe. [Ember Prime] Considering the effort required to get a Prime Frame (if RNG is not on your side, which, more often than not it isn't) and considering the Prestige behind anything 'Prime'...

More polarities should be a given default. All other Prime frames have an extra polarity, why can't she? At least her base polarities got changed to something more useful than two V's. Saved me the trouble of two forma. 

Back on topic...

Edited by Hastur609

Innate polarities are -sort of- pointless right now. They just dictate how much grind you have to put into the gun. 

They also seem to be put on randomly so it's even worse. 

Example: 

Soma. - Top DPS, easy to acquire and best all-round gun has 2 V polarities.

VS Braton- half the dps, hard to get and basically an inferior Soma in all aspects (except for swag) has none

As it is right now, it's like they want to push people into just using one weapon for the "heavy duty" and the others just for swag or mastery fewd. 

Gun balancing aside, polarities should have a system as should do weapons. 

Like I said, it takes awhile for someone like me to level up anything to Rank 30, take Valkyr for example, I got her parts the day she was released, and by luck it only me 4 runs total and crafted her the same day, been using her ever since, but right now she is only Rank 24.

I crafted the Magnus the day it was released, been using it ever since and just now got it to level 30 yesterday. This is why having at least one polarity is helpful for me, it takes forever to level up weapons and frames which means I'm stuck going against low level enemies which also means I can't do T3 Void runs til then.

Mate, what you need is advice on how to level up quick.

Take your new weapon with a high level weapon onto high level public missions best to use a support frame, but here is the trick.

Let you team do most of the kills, use your low level gun as much as possible only swap to your maxed out gun if you get into trouble.

if your teammates do kills you get shared XP which is divided amongst all your equipment and frame and sentinel, on high level this will be enough in 1 game to rank your new gun up 3 or 4 times sometimes more even if you do not use it.

If you do kills the XP is primarily to what you used to do the kill, so you can not really passive level solo.

mobile defense is best unless you are grouping with friends then survival is better.

Infested tends also to be best for shooting with new weapons unless they are really high in puncture, as damaging shields gets you no XP, and the damage reduction to armor reduces your XP per shot.

just do not be a burden to the team, if they are coasting its fine but if they are struggling get your good gun and chip in

Take your new weapon with a high level weapon onto high level public missions best to use a support frame, but here is the trick.

Let you team do most of the kills, use your low level gun as much as possible only swap to your maxed out gun if you get into trouble.

if your teammates do kills you get shared XP which is divided amongst all your equipment and frame and sentinel, on high level this will be enough in 1 game to rank your new gun up 3 or 4 times sometimes more even if you do not use it.

If you do kills the XP is primarily to what you used to do the kill, so you can not really passive level solo.

mobile defense is best unless you are grouping with friends then survival is better.

Infested tends also to be best for shooting with new weapons unless they are really high in puncture, as damaging shields gets you no XP, and the damage reduction to armor reduces your XP per shot.

just do not be a burden to the team, if they are coasting its fine but if they are struggling get your good gun and chip in

I know how to quickly level up weapons and frames, it's not new to me, I used to do that when I was more active on the game, now I can't stand doing 2 missions before calling it a day, and it's not about leveling up weapons, it's about releasing weapons with 0 polarities.

Edited by __Kanade__

Mate, what you need to know is that most people know how to level their weapons. They are annoyed that they have to go through this process so many times that it is ridiculous.