The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition To Restore Overheat To Ember

NikolaiLev

And with it she's an exciting face-tanker?

with it she's exciting cause she can pop her skills. grab her melee weapons. and enjoy the pleasures of melee 2.0 while her CLOSE RANGE skill boost her dmg.

as she is now. she can't enjoy the fun new melee 2.0 unless she is vsing low level enemys.

and her close range skills can't perform to thier best cause she will get knocked around like a [insert pathetic phrase here]

heres my phrase to describe ember atm. 0:29 

http://youtu.be/BKlpERrNw4Y?t=29s

Edited by Arenta

And with it she's an exciting face-tanker?

Well, at the very least she would be *exiting*. But seriously though, if Overheat limited range and damage of abilities by half, with it's own fiery AoE pulsing for twice or trice it's usual range and damage with use of abilities, with hardcap on damage reduction (90? 75?) it could be much more fun than accelerant.

Ember can load her melee weapon up with Fire damage and  destroy in melee using Accelerant to boost her damage and keep herself safe. There is no doubt that Accelerant is here to stay and is a good ability.  

If you want overheat back so that she can be more durable in melee then DE should add the overheat effect (with balance adjustments) to Ember when she stands inside Fire Blast.  Better yet, instead of buffing Ember it should apply a debuff to enemies within the radius, reducing their damage.  That way Ember can't  just stand inside Fire Blast and kill everything from afar with impunity.  

As someone who plays Ember every time, I say the root of her problem doesn't comes from removeing Overheat.

She is slow, she has basically no armor, no great health/shield or stamina. Which would be fine IF her abilities would not require you to actually get closer to the enemy!

Besides fireball every ability she has now is an AoE centered around her self. And that's my problem with her new skill. Accelerant is an AoE, and the damage increase/stun only affects mobs that were hit by it, with you in the center. And while you can increase this range pretty well with mods, looking at how fragile she is, it's still to close for confort. And the short stun that rarely works won't save you, I can garantee that.

I would love if the damage increase and the short stun would apply to her skills, untill Accelerant is up. So basically it would add a short CC and a damage boost to  your abilities that you could use on demand. You can even reduce the damage increase, just let me nail that bombard across the room with a CC without desperty trying to rush to him.

IF DE wants her to be a caster type of frame, I don't mind. But than let us be able to use our skills on the enemy, instead of trying to rally them up around us. Her statistics kind of imply she should be away from the enemy, yet her skills require her to get close/closer to them. It doesn't add up.

As someone who plays Ember every time, I say the root of her problem doesn't comes from removeing Overheat.

She is slow, she has basically no armor, no great health/shield or stamina. Which would be fine IF her abilities would not require you to actually get closer to the enemy!

Besides fireball every ability she has now is an AoE centered around her self. And that's my problem with her new skill. Accelerant is an AoE, and the damage increase/stun only affects mobs that were hit by it, with you in the center. And while you can increase this range pretty well with mods, looking at how fragile she is, it's still to close for confort. And the short stun that rarely works won't save you, I can garantee that.

I would love if the damage increase and the short stun would apply to her skills, untill Accelerant is up. So basically it would add a short CC and a damage boost to  your abilities that you could use on demand. You can even reduce the damage increase, just let me nail that bombard across the room with a CC without desperty trying to rush to him.

IF DE wants her to be a caster type of frame, I don't mind. But than let us be able to use our skills on the enemy, instead of trying to rally them up around us. Her statistics kind of imply she should be away from the enemy, yet her skills require her to get close/closer to them. It doesn't add up.

Her raw defense is low but her ability to disable and harm her enemies is high.  Her design rewards the player for actively keeping himself safe.  A small boost to speed and defensive stats would not be unwelcome but no huge change is required to make her viable; she already is.  Getting a little more of a defensive buffer would make her more noob-friendly; I wouldn't disagree with that.  

Additionally, Accelerant's stun always works for me.  Not sure what's going on in your case.

Edited by RealPandemonium

*hugs*

yes!

Her raw defense is low but her ability to disable and harm her enemies is high.  Her design rewards the player for actively keeping himself safe.  A small boost to speed and defensive stats would not be unwelcome but no huge change is required to make her viable; she already is.  Getting a little more of a defensive buffer would make her more noob-friendly; I wouldn't disagree with that.  

Additionally, Accelerant's stun always works for me.  Not sure what's going on in your case.

While she can harm enemies fine, especially with Accelerant now, the problem is you kind of have to put your self in harms way to do so. Basically your own skills can get you killed, as you try to place your self in a position to do that sweet sweet damage.

World on fire for instance really temps you to rally up foes into its range to do good damage. It requires you to stay semi close to where the enemies are. And even if speed was increased, you still have to go atleast from cover to cover to do so. Exposing your self to hits on the way.

On the disable part I kind of dissagree. The fire effect isn't reliable, the stun is really short. Sometimes enemies panic, sometimes they don't. It's not a nice time to discover they failed when you slid cover to cover to get close taking fire on the way. And now that they ignored your CC you either try to kill them fast wih the damage boost or your weapon, or try to retreat exposeing your self all over again.

And I didn't say she isn't viable. All I say that her stats say that you should play carefully, while her abbilities almost force you to be reckless. Which to me, makes no sense.

You can do great with her. But unlike any other frame I played, or seen being played, you really have to think when you have o stay behind the box and when can you run out to do a WoF/Accelerant/Fireblast.

And should you miscalculate, you can easily end up in a lot of pain, or straight out dead. Especially as mob levels count up.

Edit: About Accelerant, I'm not sure. But I seen it fail to stun plenty of times. Usually at the worst time.

Edited by Recel

It seems like when people give cases of a frame not being good enough they are assuming that the player is not moving, using cover, or avoiding damage whatsoever.  WoF is one hundred percent safe if you use it from behind cover and you can use Accelerant to stun enemies and run to the next cover spot.  You can copter through an entire room in 2 seconds.  I can't be the only one who has figured these things out, but a lot of feedback sounds like the reporter doesn't understand how to play the game properly.  

I don't use Fire Blast in my build personally because as mentioned it is too static. however i find Accelerant to be very useful when building around WoF. Energy Siphon, Flow, Streamline, Rage+Quick Thinking, and some other stuff(I'd have to look at her again), allows me to keep a buffed WoF going almost constantly or when ever I need it(great for survivals at any level). and the stun let's me cast WoF without the possibility of being interupted. just putting in my 2 cents here, so yeah to each their own.

I must say I very much prefered the playstyle that overheat enabled as well as it's overall flair compared to Accelerant.

Accelerant is a fine ability, it stuns and makes things burn which is good and handy but it just lacks the pizazz of Overheat. With Overheat I could leap into a hoard of enemies and start chopping while everything around me randomly got set on fire.

I know accelerant is never going away, but I would love to have the option of having Overheat back in an either or arrangement;

Accelerant would allow Ember to be a squishy caster with massive boosts to fire damage that she currently is.

Overheat would allow Ember to embrace the punk rocker theme she has going and leap into melee range to get chopping while randomly setting everything on fire like she used to be able to.

I haven't played Ember since they change simply because I didn't like the new playstyle. I loved chopping the enemies into ribbons and setting the remains on fire, but replacing Overheat with Accelerant took away Ember's ability to effectively melee high level content while still being an inferior caster to Nova. Rhino, Trinity, Zehpyr and Valkyr can all pop an ability and charge safely into melee range, but it was the firey flair of Ember that made me love the frame. Flair is now gone, and with it my interest because Ember still isn't that good a caster/nuker frame.

Edited by CheeseThief

It seems like when people give cases of a frame not being good enough they are assuming that the player is not moving, using cover, or avoiding damage whatsoever.  WoF is one hundred percent safe if you use it from behind cover and you can use Accelerant to stun enemies and run to the next cover spot.  You can copter through an entire room in 2 seconds.  I can't be the only one who has figured these things out, but a lot of feedback sounds like the reporter doesn't understand how to play the game properly.  

Realy? So your argument is "I play better and take less damage than everyone else, so everything is fine. Everyone else is just a noob."?

Great argument right there!

And it's not hard to stay safe in this game. Everyone can zorencopter to safety in 2 seconds. But when problems arrise, Ember has the least defence, the least speed and foremost, the least utility to deal with it.

All she has is damage. Which doesn't scale well with mob levels, even if accelerant pushes it a bit further than for other frames.

=(

(finished building ember prime 1 hours before she got gutted)

yes accelerant works(barely. 1 sec stun is still S#&$ty)

but its boring,lame.  overheat let us have fun.

and yet in this thread, which is a petition to get it back. we got people saying accelerant is better.

HERES A TIP GUYS. IF YOU WANT ACCELERANT DONT POST IN A PETITION TO RESTORE OVERHEAT.

cause all you doing is giving us more posts IN FAVOR of restoring overheat >=D

currently we have 164 posts to restore overheat.

yep, every single post in this thread.

MUAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

so, to everyone keeping this thread alive. thanks for keeping this thread alive so DE notices it growing more and more.

in time they will realize that this thread thats been on the front page of its forum filter isn't going away because people keep posting in it.

and for those accelerant fans.  next time maybe you should read the title of the thread before posting in it to keep it at the top of the forums.

had you never posted here, then the thread might have died out after we had all said our piece about restoring overheat.

as it is. you've helped keep the thread alive and made mroe and more people notice that overheat is wanted.

Edited by Arenta

also i'd like to say.

take ember.

go into dark sector CONFLICT (not survival, not defense)

and tell me how it turns out.

nothing but fusion moas and tenno.

did i say tenno?

YES

tenno who are going to be using melee to reflect your fireballs at you.

blocking your gun shots.

blinding you

ripping your squishy ember to PIECES.

oh but dont worry, you have accelerant.

oh....w8. that doesnt work if you not in range.

and do you know how many of these tenno are using snipers? from LONG RANGE.

have fun. as for me. i am now twice as confident that overheat will return once DE sees how bad ember gets massacred in this game mode.

also i'd like to say.

take ember.

go into dark sector CONFLICT (not survival, not defense)

and tell me how it turns out.

nothing but fusion moas and tenno.

did i say tenno?

YES

tenno who are going to be using melee to reflect your fireballs at you.

blocking your gun shots.

blinding you

ripping your squishy ember to PIECES.

oh but dont worry, you have accelerant.

oh....w8. that doesnt work if you not in range.

and do you know how many of these tenno are using snipers? from LONG RANGE.

have fun. as for me. i am now twice as confident that overheat will return once DE sees how bad ember gets massacred in this game mode.

I'm sure the Tenno will enjoy being barbecued by 1500 damage WoF ticks.  Thanks, Accelerant!

=(

(finished building ember prime 1 hours before she got gutted)

yes accelerant works(barely. 1 sec stun is still S#&$ty)

but its boring,lame.  overheat let us have fun.

and yet in this thread, which is a petition to get it back. we got people saying accelerant is better.

HERES A TIP GUYS. IF YOU WANT ACCELERANT DONT POST IN A PETITION TO RESTORE OVERHEAT.

cause all you doing is giving us more posts IN FAVOR of restoring overheat >=D

currently we have 164 posts to restore overheat.

yep, every single post in this thread.

MUAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

so, to everyone keeping this thread alive. thanks for keeping this thread alive so DE notices it growing more and more.

in time they will realize that this thread thats been on the front page of its forum filter isn't going away because people keep posting in it.

and for those accelerant fans.  next time maybe you should read the title of the thread before posting in it to keep it at the top of the forums.

had you never posted here, then the thread might have died out after we had all said our piece about restoring overheat.

as it is. you've helped keep the thread alive and made mroe and more people notice that overheat is wanted.

Pretty sure you're trying to turn a mixed bag of yes's and no's into a whole lot of yes's while at the same time making people feel bad. If you'll notice, of those 167 posts, only 50 people upvoted (Read: agreed) with the OP. So 1/3 of all people who have visited this thread agreed. Sorry to tell you but that means only a small fraction of people agree with what you are saying. Overheat ain't coming back.

Pretty sure you're trying to turn a mixed bag of yes's and no's into a whole lot of yes's while at the same time making people feel bad. If you'll notice, of those 167 posts, only 50 people upvoted (Read: agreed) with the OP. So 1/3 of all people who have visited this thread agreed. Sorry to tell you but that means only a small fraction of people agree with what you are saying. Overheat ain't coming back.

and yet you help keep the thread alive causing people to come here and argue.

tell me. if you like accelerant. then why post here?

don't you feel confident it will stay. or do you actually feel overheat could be restored

also 50 people upvoted. but of the 167 posts. alot are people(like me) reposting to continue arguing.

so theres apparently more people who upvoted than who are against

I'm sure the Tenno will enjoy being barbecued by 1500 damage WoF ticks.  Thanks, Accelerant!

ok 1. they got dmg res.

2. they are pretty dam mobile, slash dash has been common so far(that or a melee charge. pretty fast either way. no knockbacks).

so in the time it takes you to cast WoF, you are going to be missing shields and a bit of hp.

by the time you cast accelerant(enemy tenno dont panic when they are lit on fire) you gonna be dead.

i ran this in my ember prime, along with a zephyr, ash, and frost.

3 minutes in i was downed.

zephyr was trapped inside her own wind barrier because of the mass of fire coming at her.

frost was in a corner taking them down from inside his globe 1 by 1 (taking alot of time since enemy tenno have dmg res, no stat panic, and DOWNED STATE)

and the ash was perm invis ressing me and the zephyr again and again.

we reran it again with my ember prime, 1 valkyr, 1 frost, and 1 rhino prime.

the result?

ember downed after a fireball got reflected back at me and 1 shot me(yeah. 1 shot myself. lot of fun accelerant)

valkyr was havign a field day beating enemy volt into the wall

rhino was keeping his skin up and keepign the excal from killing my downed state.

and frost was ressing me non stop as all my dmg got reflected.

including a world on fire attack (idk how it was reflected off a VOLT SHIELD, but it was)

Edited by Arenta

and yet you help keep the thread alive causing people to come here and argue.

tell me. if you like accelerant. then why post here?

don't you feel confident it will stay. or do you actually feel overheat could be restored

also 50 people upvoted. but of the 167 posts. alot are people(like me) reposting to continue arguing.

so theres apparently more people who upvoted than who are against

Because I like discussions. Overheat vs Accelerant is a good discussion, and I like seeing other viewpoints. That's why I post here. Accelerant is going to stay, because a tanky Ember is not going to happen. At the very least not the way Overheat did it. It's not going to happen. DE have said time and time again that it's not going to happen. It's not a thing in the works. Tankiness might come at some point through some other ability, but not through a dedicated tank ability that could out-tank iron skin. Ember is damage. All damage, fanatical damage. Always has been and always will be. If you want tank-status on ember, suggest something other than giving her a dedicated ability for it. You'll probably get more people to listen that way.

Because I like discussions. Overheat vs Accelerant is a good discussion, and I like seeing other viewpoints. That's why I post here. Accelerant is going to stay, because a tanky Ember is not going to happen. At the very least not the way Overheat did it. It's not going to happen. DE have said time and time again that it's not going to happen. It's not a thing in the works. Tankiness might come at some point through some other ability, but not through a dedicated tank ability that could out-tank iron skin. Ember is damage. All damage, fanatical damage. Always has been and always will be. If you want tank-status on ember, suggest something other than giving her a dedicated ability for it. You'll probably get more people to listen that way.

when have they said it isnt going to happen?

link your references.

also. a tanky ember not gonna happen?

what about trinity? she was supposed to be support. oh w8. link and blessing. woops thats more OP than overheat ever was

what about valkyr? i can get a full minute per go on that invincibility. WOOPS thats more OP than overheat ever was.

i would name rhino, but he supposed to be a tank.

when have they said it isnt going to happen?

link your references.

also. a tanky ember not gonna happen?

what about trinity? she was supposed to be support. oh w8. link and blessing. woops thats more OP than overheat ever was

what about valkyr? i can get a full minute per go on that invincibility. WOOPS thats more OP than overheat ever was.

i would name rhino, but he supposed to be a tank.

Several livesteams. They said Ember isn't meant to be tanky and will not be tanky. I'm not going to go hunting through 26~ hours of footage just to find a 3 minute clip of Scott saying "Ember isn't meant to be tanky. She's a damage dealer and she'll reflect that," or something along those lines.

Also, Trinity's link and blessing will hopefully be reworked soon as everyone hates it except for trinity users. And going full hysterical on Valkyr leaves you at a disadvantage. A massive disadvantage. Ember did not have that with overheat. Melee units took damage, all incoming damage was knocked down by a large amount, and she could shoot freely and move about freely and finally didn't need to worry about having enemies around when the ability wore off. Valkyr relies on punching things (in a game more or less centered around ranged fighting), while storing up and not just absorbing the damage she takes (Stored up for a possible later use), and having to run away as the ability counts down to avoid an instadeath at all that stored up damage.

I think accelerant is a wonderful ability. Someone is downed and you need to revive them? Cast accelerant and revive them. Then do an extra 250% fire damage. Fireball will basically 1 hit kill any enemy. I think the idea was to make ember do a ton of damage and NOT give her a pseudo rhino skin. Now she can do even more damage. I've honestly liked her a lot more since the addition of accelerant.

I would choose to replace fire blast. I never use it anyway.

Edited by SteeleTheShow

I think accelerant is a wonderful ability. Someone is downed and you need to revive them? Cast accelerant and revive them. Then do an extra 250% fire damage. Fireball will basically 1 hit kill any enemy. I think the idea was to make ember do a ton of damage and NOT give her a pseudo rhino skin. Now she can do even more damage. I've honestly liked her a lot more since the addition of accelerant.

I would choose to replace fire blast. I never use it anyway.

care t oexplain how you revive them when accelerant stun lasts 1 secound

and reviving can take 3+ secounds

care t oexplain how you revive them when accelerant stun lasts 1 secound

and reviving can take 3+ secounds

I don't know about you but I put survivability mods in my frame. I don't need 3 seconds of uninterrupted peace to revive someone. Just put redirection on ember and you should be able to last those 2 seconds where people are shooting at you.