The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Swimming.

Kaidinah

It might not be swimming as much as diving and have some sort of propulsion in the legs/feet. Plus I find it unlikely you will be able to freely swim as much as being on a rail such as going with a strong flow of water. Seeing a hole with rushing water that may lead to getting to your destination very quickly so you dive in and it takes you there meaning you cannot swim backwards but only forwards and maybe side to side on a fix rail that is a certain amount of time.

It might not be swimming as much as diving and have some sort of propulsion in the legs/feet. Plus I find it unlikely you will be able to freely swim as much as being on a rail such as going with a strong flow of water. Seeing a hole with rushing water that may lead to getting to your destination very quickly so you dive in and it takes you there meaning you cannot swim backwards but only forwards and maybe side to side on a fix rail that is a certain amount of time.

That is acceptable. Underwater combat and underwater freeroaming is not. If there is water, it better not be a pool. Pool is closed.

There is a problem. Once these water/swimming concepts are implemented, people will find it enjoyable and wish for more. When time passes i speculate there may be water "portions" to Earth maps that are a travel system then progress, depending on players responses which will be of course add more or improve, underwater movement and combat missions. This could be a year after they add water to see how players react or they could make water as a new environment to section of maps but at a cost of unable to fire weapons so it would be evasion from large predators this would have to be a new mission type. Honestly so many paths can be taken and some could be quite unique and enjoyable but there comes large problems with it. 

One example could be having underwater tileset BUT due to our Warframe being too heavy for the Tenno to swim in (can be debated if they are that heavy or light) you could add a semi sink to the game in which to stay afloat to now have to use a revive one would have to find and use jet stream or strong currents/flows. There could also be that concept in which I spoke of but a material that is more dense than water, a sort of jelly, that we can find in deep oceans ( I do not know all the facts about it) could be the floor in which you move alot slower so you have to attempt to jump into an updraft to continue or just walk the entire way really slowly. All this while fighting Grineer divers/corpus robotics or worse the mega fauna that may lurk in the depths and just annoying creature. Doing this you can add jellyfish which sort circuit your shields meaning no shield recharge for a few seconds, screen is semi blurry and energy may be drained slightly (like a disruptor)

Edited by AllanIncubi

Swimming can be great, as exploration, alternate paths, stealth and probably more. There would probably be unique features to water, perhaps only with some weapons even being able to fire under water. Think of it as more of a tactic phase.

I for one have wanted swimming since the start so there are people who think other than you. Pools or not.

Why would the Corpus or Grineer place anything of importance somewhere they have to swim? Not only will there weapons not work, but their bulky protective gear will get in the way. Can anyone explain how either of these factions can have water missions that don't feel forced into the game?