Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons And The Market, Buying And Then Selling Because You Hate It?

ScarletzWolf

Something that has gotten on my nerves several times is that there may be a weapon that is of interest to me, and its expensive as maxing out a serration. the resources needed are rare and involves hours of farming, and then you finally have everything thing to make that awesome weapon that you want...

and you hate it.

you absolutely hate it with a passion, it's on your suck list, its like trying to fight a dragon with a stuffed bunny.
cooking a pig with water and no heat.

eventually, it gets to the point where its just either sitting in your inventory slot  collecting dust, or you decide to sell it before it reaches level 30.

since this has happened to me, and I'm POSITIVE that other people have experienced this and disliked those weapons as well, that something else should be added to the market.

a Weapon trail run.

being able to use the weapon that you want to purchase in a holo run/shooting range, and being able to actually adjust the level of the weapon and add in your mods during the duration of the trail.

this way, players can have a feel for the weapon that they are going to spend hours in farming resources, wont have to sell the weapon later on just cause they can't stand the weapon after using it.

just a thought. that I've been having >..>

trying weapon won't be bad, anyway you should consider that in order to rank up the account you also need to rank up lots of weapons and frames... and if you are interested in this progression mechanic you will have to deal in "levelling stuff that you don't want just to rank up and then sell it"

so keep up your positivity and level up to 30 that weapon that you hate that much, it will help you to unlock other weapons somehow... not that bad xD

Edited by Regar

Vets like Regar, myself, and others kindly remind you to never sell a weapon before level 30, no matter how much you hate it.

Some people come in here expecting a game oriented around badass space ninjas using guns and swords to cut down swathes of enemies.

All we get is Grind with a shiny foil around it.

sorry, this will never be a thing.

DE makes money on impulse purchases - many of which are probably in the first few hours of a weapon's release, before there's an official answer to "is it any good"? Some of us get all excited, and either plat buy or rush the weapon.

If you knew the weapon wasn't good (or good for you), would you still plat buy, or rush it? Nope.

So, less buying would likely result in less profit per weapon released by DE, and as such is a pretty bad idea for the overall health/longevity of the game.

No market weapon costs hours of farming time, and even testing a level 0 weapon don't tell much if anything about how it will perform, formaed and potatoed so.. what would a trial run tell you?

a trial run would allow the player to know how the weapon works. DPS, effectivness against enemy fractions, and just whether or not they would want to spend the time leveling up the weapon to 30 and still want to use it afterward

Vets like Regar, myself, and others kindly remind you to never sell a weapon before level 30, no matter how much you hate it.

when you dont have many weapon slots, or your just not the type to keep something you dislike, then people would sell the weapons that they didnt like.

i know that inorder to rank up your tenno rank, you have to level up weapons and frames.

but it would still be acceptable to have a shooting range to try out the weapons?

people are still going to impulse buy it either way, and another thing that DE can do if they still want to gain munnies~ is that the weapon testing can be limited.

The only weapons I sold prematurely was my Mk1, and Lato, so I had to re-level them, but it wasn't too bad. This was during damage 1.0 when the MK1 was weak, but not useless, and the Lato was a pretty decent weapon of course.

The only other weapons I didn't really care about but still leveled to 30 was the Kraken, Grakata, and the Torid, before they fixed it in damage 1.0. Torid was just painful to use back then. However now that damage 2.0 rolled around I'm giving the Grakata a second chance because of the proc chance on it.