Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ps4 Fans Kicking Into Overdrive While Idling At The "press Start" Screen (New Since 11.5.8)

(PSN)molnizzle

This screen:

warframe_starto9dn7.jpg

It's pretty typical for me to turn my PS4 on, boot up Warframe and then go fix myself a drink or write a novel or something while I wait out the initial loading. Ever since the patch I've noticed my PS4 fans ramping up to seemingly max RPM if I let the game idle at that "Press Start" screen. Immediately after pressing X  and I really mean immediately the console's fans spin back down to inaudible levels. It's almost instantaneous, like a hardware switch was flipped inside the box.

This didn't happen prior to yesterday's patch. I'm not sure what type of background code you have the game running now on the "Start" screen, but it's kicking my PS4's &#!!

• 2 weeks later...

This actually happens every time I log into warframe....I thought it was just me, so I asked some of my friends to see if this happens to them when they log in and sure enough it does....its never done that before ever since the recent update came out, like if it is part of the update then thats just weird and unnecessary so I dont know what's up with that

• 2 weeks later...

I think this has something to do with the game now loading the specific warframe you logged out with and the complete weapon, mod, and cosmetic effects. Prior to the update, it was the standard Excalibur with Mk-1 Braton, Skana, and Lato.

It was like that before update 12. My Mag has been showing all new weapons/color changes/customization since 11.5 at least. 

Have not had any issue with PS4 fan.